A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Soon

“Ok, what is it?” Pete asked nervously.

“I had the nightmare again.” I said calmly.

“I bit you again?” He asked upset.

“Hear me out, ok?” I sighed unsure how he was going to react.

“Fine.” He said lying back on the couch and fidgeting with his hands.

“I think this is a premonition. I just have a feeling that it is. Anyway, my dream started out differently this time but ended the same sort of. I found myself in a club that seems so familiar, yet I cannot seem to place. Someone kidnapped me to have brought me there and tied my hands in front of me.

Many vampires had started lining up other scared and confused people in the club. Two vampires grabbed me and led me up onto the stage of the club. I looked around to see that there were balloons and streamers and behind me was a sign that read,” Welcome Home.”

A vampire, I think, came into the club and the other vampires started to swarm him. I could not see his or her face because of the lights on the stage. The next thing that I dreamed was where I was lying in your arms with chaos and confusion going on around us. The building was on fire and that is when you leaned in to my neck and just started to bite me, killing me. You kill me, Pete.” I said recalling the dream.

“Do you believe this?” He asked upset and staring at me with hurt.

“I don’t want to but why else would I be having this dream for?” I asked.

Pete sat in silence. “There has to be a good reason why you would do that for anyway.” I said grabbing Pete’s hand. I was not afraid of him, at least not now.

“I just need to think.” Pete said getting up.

“Pete, wait, this doesn’t change things between us.” I said reaching for his arm.

“I shall see you later when it is time to go slaying.” He said pulling away from me and walking out the door.

I need to dream more. I need to learn more. I know I am missing something because who is the mysterious figure and why does my dream jump after them to Pete biting me. I need to know what happens in between.

I decided to take a walk out on the grounds as it was starting to get dark outside. In an hour, we would leave to go slay. As I walked I got the impression I was being followed but I knew that was not possible. Patrick had every security alarm set up in this place. Something was luring me to the end of the property.

I walked to the end of the backyard on the grounds and stared out over the security fence and into the woods. I closed my eyes. I needed to climb the fence. I needed to get away.

“Amanda?” Chrissy asked snapping me out of my trance.

“Uh, Chrissy, what are you doing here?” I asked suddenly not remembering why I was at the back of the property.

“It is time to go slaying.” She replied.

“Pete told me where to look for you.” She added.

Ah, yes, he can know where I am since he first bit me that day I had to save Brendon and was kidnapped by Colin. I looked at my watch. I had apparently lost track of time.

“Is something wrong?” Chrissy asked.

“No.” I replied.

“Well, let’s go.” She replied.

I turned around briefly and wondered why I had come out this far away from the house. Then, I turned back and started to follow Chrissy. Somewhere in the wind, however, I thought I heard the word, “Soon.”