A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Next Time You Be The Bait!

“You guys have fun slaying without us and try to be careful!” Jenny yelled as we all piled into Sam, Joe, and Andy’s car. She was hanging over Patrick. I knew she was anxious to be alone with him and it made me giggle a bit taking my mind off the friction going on between Pete and me.

I rode with Sam because Pete decided to hop into Joe’s car. Erelin and Brendon were in the car with me. Andy and Chrissy of course were together in his car ready to be the bait. Chrissy was so worried about being the bait but happy about it too in a weird, strange way. Pete and Joe had all the weapons.

The plan was for Andy and Chrissy to park their car in the area where the teenagers like to go make out in the city. That area is a spot on a cliff that overlooks the city. From what Chrissy told, as we walked into the house when she had found me was that it looked pretty seeing the city lit up at night so I gathered that she and Andy had been up there many times.

A dirt road leads up to it and there are woods all around behind the cliff. We, the girls were to stay low in the car and parked close. The boys were going to be waiting in the bushes for any sign of attack and then make their move.

“Amanda, are you all right?” Erelin asked as she noticed me staring out the window in the back seat.

“Oh, I’m fine.” I said not paying much attention. My mind was on Pete not wanting to talk to me before we left to go slaying. He would not even look at me. Then there was that voice so familiar sounding from earlier that I thought I heard. Did I really hear someone whisper the word soon?

“Did you and Pete not talk?” Brendon asked.

“No, we did. Everything is cool.” I replied lying and hiding the fact that there is friction between us now because of my dream. I did not want to alarm my friends over it. Now was not the time.

We made it to the spot we were supposed to set the trap. Brendon got out and found the fellas as us girls slid down in our seats but with our eyes still able to see out the window. Andy and Chrissy started to make out as if on cue, only no cue was necessary with them.

Then we heard Chrissy scream and the boys struggle to capture the vampires that started to attack their car. Pete knocked a girl one down off the car and staked her. I rolled the window down a bit to hear him say, “I can’t believe you guys!” Then he jumped over the cliff. I must have really pissed him off.

“Next time you be the bait!” Andy yelled out of the driver side window of his car.

“I thought we did a good job.” Chrissy said as I watched her kiss Andy again.

Everyone got out of the car to analyze and talk about the trap. I just wanted to get away, far away. I started to walk down the dirt road and into the woods. I had no flashlight but the moonlight to guide me. I also had a stake with me I made sure to grab just in case. What was the worse that could happen?