A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Bitten By Another

(Pete's POV)
I was so mad at myself and at what Amanda had told me earlier that I took it all out on everyone tonight after we killed off those vampires who took the bait. I needed to jump down to the end of the mountain here. I needed to be alone before I said something stupid and out of line to my friends.

I started walking a bit when I stopped. I did not feel right all of a sudden. I felt like the better half of me was being ripped away from me.

“Amanda.” I whispered yanking my phone out of my pocket. Then I heard her in my thoughts.

“Pete, please hear me. I am in trouble.” She said faintly. Something was terribly wrong.

I called Brendon’s cell and quickly found the path to begin up the mountain. Vampires are fast and I can certainly make to where I left the gang in two minutes. It would take a human longer to hike back up the mountain if they were not driving.

“Pete, I thought you took off?” Brendon said knowing I called from his caller ID.

“Look, is Amanda there with you?” I asked as I ran frantically.

“She was, well, uh…no.” He replied.

“Shit!” I yelled.

“Where are you?” Brendon asked.

“I am right behind you almost.” I said hanging up my cell and seeing the gang in sight. I had come up the way we had drove up here.

“I swear man she was just right here!” Brendon said as everyone quit talking and took a notice what to what Brendon had said.

“Grab the flashlights out of Joe’s trunk. We have to find Amanda. I think she is in trouble.” I snapped. I take that back, I know she is in trouble.

“Please, Pete. Don’t lose me.” Amanda spoke again in my thoughts.

“Amanda! Amanda, I hear you. Amanda!” I replied back in my thoughts but I heard nothing.

“Where do you think she went?” Chrissy asked.

“I don’t think she would have gone into the woods behind us. There is not enough moonlight for her to see. She had to have followed the path.” Erelin said pointing.

“Let’s go!” I said putting on my tracking mode.

I started to notice her scent. Vampire’s sense of smell can come in handy especially when they are trying to track someone. I had to find her.

We traveled a ways down the path when I suddenly could not feel Amanda anymore. No. It cannot be too late.

“Pete, do you feel that? It’s another vampire!” Brendon said as we took off leaving everyone else behind. It was not that they were not helping. It was just that we were faster.

“Hey, wait, stop!” I yelled at Brendon when we had come farther down the path.

“What?” He asked as we felt that the vampire was gone.

“Do you feel Amanda?” Brendon asked.

“No, but I think I saw something.” I said taking Brendon’s flashlight.

I shined the flashlight on the side of the dirt road that was by the woods. I saw something flash in the light. I then tuned into the object with the light and walked over to it. The object was a necklace, the same necklace I gave to Amanda.

“Pete, that’s not your necklace she was wearing. She gave that one to Colin. Long story short, I found it in the warehouse and gave it back to her. Later, I shall explain.” Brendon said panicked.

“She left it as a sign that she was heading into the woods. She is in here somehow.” I said picking up the necklace and pointing in the direction, we should go.

“Is she all right?” Brendon asked.

“I don’t know.” I said clutching the necklace tighter in my right hand.

“What do you mean you don’t know? You have bitten her remember? Track her!” Brendon yelled.

“I can’t track her right now!” I yelled with tears almost in my eyes.

“Oh, that’s not good.” Brendon replied as we walked carefully in the woods searching for Amanda.

“You think?” I said shaking my head.

“There!” Brendon said pointing to a log.

I shined the flashlight in his direction and sure enough, we found Amanda, but she was lying on the ground in front of the log. Just as I suspected she was unconscious as Brendon and I rushed to her side. What I was thinking as we searched for Amanda had come true.

“Amanda?” Brendon asked shaking her. “What’s wrong with her?” He asked looking at me.

I shined the flashlight onto her neck and rolled Amanda onto her left side. “She’s been bitten by another.” I said feeling every emotion in my body.