A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Change Of Mind

(Pete’s POV)
“Pete, please do this for me.” She begged with tears starting to fall. This really had her upset. Amanda has to know something buried in her to act this way.

“I can’t.” I replied.

“What do you mean you can’t? Is it that you can’t or you won’t?” She asked.

“It means both.” I said getting up off the bed.

“Pete, you can’t keep an eye on me 24/7. He will come for me. I will find a way out of here. I just know it.” Amanda said getting up and standing behind me as I had my back facing her.

I let my fangs out. The thought of biting her repulsed me and I was already fighting the urges to bite her as it was. If I do this, I am protecting her from the one who is after her. However, if I do, do this, then who will protect her from me? I turned around to face Amanda.

“Does this mean you have changed your mind?” Amanda asked.

“Yes, but I am not happy about it. I want you to know that. I want you to know that I will try with everything in me not to let it happen again.” I sighed.

She reached up and touched my face. Then, she touched my fangs and smiled. “What?” I asked.

“You aren’t scary at all.” She laughed. “In fact I find it sexy and very attractive.” She grinned.

“Yeah, well don’t get used to it.” I smiled. “I still can be a scary animal.” I said.

“Gee, an animal?” She said smiling again, which was good.

“Yes.” I said grabbing her hips and pushing her back to the bed.

Amanda suddenly stopped as if she was in a trance. Her eyes changed from the happy person she was to someone with no emotion on her face; just a blank stare. I realized the vampire that bit her was calling for her.

I missed feeling close to Amanda. When I bit her for the first time, the feeling is hard to describe between us. It brings us closer to each other. I can feel when she is hurt or in trouble and I can talk to her in her thoughts. Now I cannot, because she is under someone else’s control. I can try to use my persuasion and hope she focuses on me but it will be difficult.

“Amanda, listen to me. Focus on my voice.” I said.

“I have to go now.” She replied trying to get to the door. I blocked it.

“Amanda, listen to my voice and concentrate. I know you don’t want to do this.” I said grabbing her hands as she tried to fight me to move.

“I am listening. I don’t want to go but I have to.” She said trying to fight off the vampire’s thoughts.

“You can do this. Just listen to my voice because I love you and that should be enough.” I said as she turned and broke free from me.

“You love me?” She asked.

“Yes but you already know that.” I said knowing that the vampire was in her head messing with her thoughts.

Amanda took two steps closer to me. At first, I thought she was going to fight me again but she got the upper hand and took temporary control back over her will. Then, she kissed me. I knew this was her letting me know that this was the time I had to bite her was while I had her distracted.

I kissed her and held her not letting her go even as she did start to fight me. I yanked off her bandage. I then leaned into her neck, reared my fangs and bit down, this time drinking her blood and breaking the other vampire’s hold over Amanda. I heard her moan and then start to gasp. Her body started to twitch and I let her go. She fell into my arms and I kissed her on the lips as I carried her to the bed.

Amanda was drained and needed to rest. I was happy that I knew she was now safe but still curious to know who bit her. My better half was back though and now sleeping peacefully in my arms on the bed.

A thought occurred to me. Now that Amanda was no longer under that vampire’s control, I could get into her dreams and help make her remember who did this to her. When I find out who did do this to her, they had better look out because I will be coming for them with revenge on my mind.