A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

To Stall Or Not To Stall...

I drifted off to sleep after I fell unconscious from Pete’s bite. I knew here in my dream state that it was only a matter of time before Pete would make me remember who bit me. For some strange reason, I knew I had to protect this person even though I am mad at them. If Pete got a hold of them, then there would be no telling what kind of war or fight would occur and right now, we have bigger problems with finding and stopping my father.

I was in a void of some sort. There was nothing around me. I knew I was dreaming this, which was weird. It was not like my normal dreams. It was as if I was just floating. It was somewhat creepy but cool because I felt at peace. Then, instead of me just dreaming of my nightmare I had the previous night, I was sucked into it as if I was living it.

I heard everything and felt everything I saw in the nightmare only it felt more real this time. I looked down and saw that my hands were tied, as they were when I first had the nightmare. This time I saw whom all the vampires had flocked to; it was my father.

“Amanda?” Pete asked as I was in his arms.

“Pete.” I said as he helped me up. The nightmare was over and I was now in my bedroom but still dreaming.

“I saw everything.” He replied as I looked at my hands.

“It is my father who has me. I finally saw it now.” I said as I sat on my bed.

“At least I didn’t bite you.” Pete added.

“No you already did that.” I said smiling.

“Yeah, about that, while I am here in your dreams, you know I can help you remember who bit you.” Pete said sitting beside me.

“Uh, do we have to do that now?” I asked.

“Don’t you want to know?” Pete asked concerned.

“Yes, but I want to rest. I do not want to discuss this in a dream. Can’t you just let me rest and regain my strength back?” I asked trying to stall.

“Ok. But later we will discuss this.” Pete said.

“Thanks.” I said leaning in to kiss Pete. “I am also glad that you at least saw what I had been dreaming of instead of me telling about you and you freaking out.” I said.

“Ok, rub it in a little more.” Pete said kissing me again.

I felt this calm wash over me and Pete was gone. I then woke up to find Pete asleep on my shoulder. It is funny how dreams seem so short sometimes but last a long time. It was already daylight outside. A new day had begun and I had to find a way to keep Pete from finding out who bit me last night.