A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Love Bites

I went to get up from the bed but Pete stopped me. He grabbed me tighter and held onto me. That is not a bad thing but not a good thing either when you have to make a bathroom run first thing in the morning. I had to gently pry his hands off me and run to the bathroom.

I decided to lay some clothes out as Pete still slept in the bed. I wondered what he was dreaming. I hoped it was not of him trying to kill whomever it was that bit me. I decided not to worry about it, and kissed Pete on the forehead and hopped into the shower.

When I got out and had the towel wrapped around me tight I walked over to the mirror and rubbed my hand over the mirror to clean the fog off. I just stared at myself for a minute before looking to see the bite wound on my neck. Pete had always tried to be gentle but with the vampire I had an urge to protect, he tore into my neck as if he was a beginner at biting people.

I know Pete had bitten people before as a way of protecting them. I also knew that he had to stay away from them and not associate with those people anymore. I guess I never realized how hard Pete had it until now. From the bite, it looked like it may scar up some when it heals. If Pete does not kill my attacker, then I may possibly. Sigh.

I was dressed now, and found Pete awake lying on the bed. “I hate mornings.” He said.
I just laughed and said, “Only because you are a vampire.”

“No, you can ask Patrick, Andy, and Joe. I hate mornings, even as I was a human.” Pete said.

“Well, I love them, although, I love to sleep in late too.” I said cuddling back up to Pete.

“How is your neck?” Pete asked which was going to lead back to where I was hoping to avoid.

“I think it is going to scar.” I replied.

“It shouldn’t too bad. Our venom that goes into you that paralyzes you as we bite has healing properties in it. I hate to say that the bite will not heal quickly or anything but, it will not look too bad when it does heal. In fact, you may not notice it at all, thanks to me.” Pete said grinning.

“Is that so?” I said raising an eyebrow up at him.

“How do you think vampires can go after their victims again and again if they let them live for the moment? They have to have a way for people not to suspect anything.” Pete explained.

“Two days tops.” He added looking at the wound.

“I think I can live with that. When you bit me before, you were gentle and I didn’t have hardly a wound.” I said smiling.

“Yeah, but whoever did this tore your neck up good. I just added to that trying to save you. I know how much you don’t want to be bitten or become a vampire.” He said looking down.

“Pete, it is alright. I am not discussing this with you again. I love you and trust you.” I said kissing Pete on the lips.

There was a knock on the bedroom door. Pete and I just looked at each other. We thought that they might think we are sleeping and go away. However that wasn’t the case, and I had to unfortunately open the door to see Erelin, Brendon, Chrissy, Andy, Joe, and Sam all fighting to get into the room. The gang was all here minus Patrick and Jenny. Now where were those two?