A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

The Trouble With Sisky

“I am here to take you to your mom’s private residence. She didn’t want you to meet her at the abandoned jail she uses.” The driver said as I got into the car.

“Oh, ok.” I replied. “How many people like us work for her?” I asked curious.

“She has a lot as well as the other vampires like her that work for her. I have been working as her chauffer for about six months now.” The driver explained.

“Ah.” I said staring out the window.

There was silence for a good ways on the drive to where my mom was hiding out. I hated that. It was as if none of her help could speak to me. I felt like I was royalty or something and I hated it. Sisky was the only one who tried to talk to me when I was at the jail but then again, look where that got us.

“Sir, can I ask you something?” I asked the driver.

“Sure.” He replied.

“Why is it none of my mom’s workers want to speak to me?” I asked.

“Well, she ordered them not to. She is afraid that your father will find you and you already know how powerful he is. Your mother is respected and not a force to be reckoned with as well. Look at it as if you are a princess. You have two sides fighting over you. On one hand, your father wants to turn you to his side and possibly take over his position. On the other, your mother wants to make sure you stay alive. She just wants to protect you.” He said.

“Well, it may or may not protect me, but I hate it. I have lived in a mansion all my life. My family has had money most of it and I am frankly sick of it all whether my dad was good or bad. I just want to be a normal person like everyone else. Most of all, I do not want to become a vampire and I do not want people to look at me as if I am this fragile thing. I am not. I think I have finally grown a backbone and one day I will prove it.” I said.

“Well, here is your stop.” The driver said.

“Great, another mansion.” I said under my breath as I looked out my car window to see that even in hiding my mother has to have the finer things in life.

I stepped out of the car and proceeded to the front door of the place. Two vampire guards led me inside. Another vampire took me upstairs of the mansion and up to my mother’s room.

“Amanda, what brings you here? You sounded frantic on the phone.” My mother said as she put down her book she was reading on her bed.

“Well, I need your help actually. I need to find where Adam Siska is before Pete kills him.” I said getting to the point.

“Why would Pete kill one of my best men?” Mom asked confused.

“Because of this.” I said showing her my bite.

“Adam did that? When?” She asked.

I told mom all the details. She was very upset and angry. If she was mad at Pete for biting me again then she can deal with it but Sisky was the one who started it.

“I have to find Sisky, uh; I mean Adam before Pete does to warn him.” I said sitting on the bed.

“I shall deal with him.” My mom said.

“No. I do not want anything to happen to him. Yes, I know he screwed up, but he should not be punished for his stupid and idiotic mistake. I can handle him now. Besides, he is good. He does not deserve to die. I just need to warn him and talk to him.” I said.

“Why are you protecting him after what he did?” Mom asked confused.

“I am not protecting him. I am just warning him and telling him off. Mom, he was the only one of your men who treated me with kindness. I know he messed up but I am not inferior to anyone. You told your men not to talk to me. How messed up is that?” I asked.

“I just want to protect you.” She sighed.

“I am not a princess nor have I ever wanted to be one so stop acting like you are a queen or something.” I said.

Mom told me where Sisky lived and gave me keys to her car to drive there. She gave me her word that when Sisky reported to work next, she would not hurt him but that she would give him a stern warning. I followed the directions she gave me that led to a home just outside the city on some land. It was quiet and peaceful out here.

I got out of the car and knocked on his door. The sun was beginning to go down now so I knew he could answer the door at least. Not two seconds after I knocked, Sisky answered.

“Amanda, what are you doing here?” Sisky asked looking around for Pete.

“What’s a matter? Are you afraid that I have Pete waiting to beat the shit out of you?” I asked taunting him.

“Look, I lost. I know.” He replied.

“Can I come in or am I interrupting something?” I asked.

“Uh, sure but make it fast.” He said in a hurry.

I walked in and his house was dark and dreary. It was not like the mansion that Pete and the gang lives. It did not look too cozy at all.

“I came here to tell you to stay the hell away from me from now on. I do not want you talking to me nor calling for me again because it will not work this time. Look what you did to my neck!” I said yelling.

“Shh. Keep it down.” Sisky said.

“I am sorry, Amanda. I was stupid and wrong to think that you would want me. I cannot force myself upon your life. I get that you love Pete. You found a way to beat my trance.” He said apologizing.

“Pete wants to kill you right now and in fact probably planning your demise as we speak. I just came to warn you to leave town and you will be safe. My mother sent me the directions here.” I said so he would know how much trouble he is in when he next sees her.

“So your mom knows too. Great.” Sisky replied.

“Mom told me that she would not hurt you though.” I said.

“You did that for me? Why are you protecting me?” He asked.

“Ah, Sisky, who do we have here?” I heard another male voice say from behind me. I turned around to see another vampire standing on the bottom step of the stairwell that leads upstairs of Sisky’s house.

“It’s just a friend.” Sisky replied looking uneasy.

“I thought I was your friend.” The vampire said coming towards me. I looked in his eyes to read him. I had a bad feeling come over me. Something was very wrong.

“Well, Sisky, aren’t you going to introduce us?” He asked.

“Amanda, this is William Beckett. William, Amanda.” Sisky said as William took my right hand and kissed it.

“You are even more radiant in person.” He said trying to use his charm on me, which was not working.

“Wait, you know about me?” I asked looking at Sisky as if I could deck him right now.

“Sisky told me there was an Amanda he was in love with and I assumed that since you are an Amanda and are here, that you must be the girl.” William replied.

“No. He must have been mistaken. I am an Amanda but I am not nor ever will be in love with him.” I said still feeling a bad vibe.

“Sisky, can I talk to you for a minute alone?” I asked.

“Sure.” He said motioning me into another room.

“What the hell is this? You tell strangers, wait a minute. You told me the other night that you were looking for your friend William Beckett and now he is suddenly here?” I asked knowing that something fishy is going on.

“I didn’t mean to lie. I did not want anyone to know I was hiding him out here. He is my friend. He has been here for a week. I wanted him to be like me but he is not. I cannot bare myself to kill my own friend. He thinks I believe he is like me but I can tell. He is bad.” Sisky said.

“What!” I snapped.