A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Hiding Out

“Hey!” I heard a voice say after I knocked down my potential attacker to the ground.

“Sisky!” I said happy to see Sisky had made it here unharmed where I was.

“Wow, you were really worried about me?” Sisky said as I was on top of him from where I had knocked him onto the floor of the building.

“You are bleeding.” I said noticing he had a gash on his forehead and a cut on his lip.

“I’m fine.” He said looking into my eyes.

“Sorry about knocking you to the ground but I thought you may have been Beckett.” I said quickly hopping off Sisky.

“It’s alright.” He said getting up as I held my hand out for him to get up. He grabbed his right side as he did. I think he bruised his ribs in the fight as well.

“So what happened?” I asked.

“We don’t have much time. We need to get out of this place before William finds it. We fought and I temporarily knocked him unconscious. I had to find you so I took off as fast as I could.” Sisky said.

“I am just glad you are safe and not hurt as bad.” I said hugging Sisky.

“You were really worried about me?” Sisky asked as I had managed to avoid the answer the first time he asked and quickly backed out of the hug.

“I didn’t want Beckett to find me.” I said trying to cover. I really did not want anything bad to happen to Sisky. Behind his mistake, he was a nice person who happened to be at the wrong place with the wrong type of person at the wrong time to make him what he is now. He was actually cute.

“Beckett doesn’t know about this place does he?” I asked.

“Why do you call him Beckett?” He asked.

“He wasn’t my friend and therefore also a bad vampire so he gets the last name treatment with me. I would call him William if he was a friend and truly a good vampire though, but he is not.” I explained.

“Well, let’s get you to a safe place so you can go back home. I am sure Pete is worried about you.” Sisky said.

“Pete…” I began to say but fainted in Sisky’s arms.

“Amanda?” I heard him say snapping me back to reality.

“Sorry. I think my body has had too much excitement the last two days.” I smiled feeling a little weak still from earlier.

“Have you eaten much today?” He asked concerned.

“No. I had a snack before I visited my mother’s.” I replied.

“Amanda, after losing the blood you lost, having an empty stomach before you went out was not a good idea.” Sisky replied.

“So now you are lecturing me when you started this mess?” I asked carefully standing back up.

There was silence and then I heard voices. “Don’t say a word.” Sisky said signaling for me to be still.

Beckett had found the building and it was only a matter of time before he found us in one of them. He was not alone, however. Beckett had brought my dad’s men as he promised before I fled.

“I think now is the time you better be trying to communicate with your boyfriend.” Sisky said pulling me behind him again and behind the counter, I had hid behind earlier.