A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

When Your Heart Stops Beating

“I want you to leave now! We have to get you out of here.” Pete said as we started fighting a few vampires side by side.

“No. We have to help Sisky, Pete.” I said seeing him fight Beckett and losing.

“No. That is not an option.” Pete said as he was tackled to the ground.

“He is my friend, Pete. We can’t just leave him here.” I said staking the vampire that was fighting Pete.

“Get down!” Pete yelled as he got up attacking a vampire who had snuck behind me.

“Why are you protecting him after what he did you?” Pete yelled as we were fighting back to back now.

“I am not protecting him. Why are you picking a fight with me? I yelled back.

“Why don’t you run out of here?” He asked.

“Look, do you see that vampire over there?” I said pointing quickly as Pete and I had a temporary break from fighting.

“Yes.” He replied.

“He works for my father. His name is William Beckett and he used to be a friend of Sisky’s. He tricked Sisky into thinking he was good. When Sisky figured it out that Beckett was using him to get to me, it was too late. When I arrived earlier tonight at Sisky’s place, Sisky told me to run and I ended up here. Sisky got away and met me but then Beckett and his men found us. That is why I can’t leave him here. My father would hurt him far worse then you, Pete and you know it. He doesn’t deserve that.” I said as we started fighting again.

“So what you are saying is that even though everything is his fault...” Pete paused as he knocked a vampire to the ground and staked him.

“Even though everything is his fault, I have to help save his ass while I am here. Why should I?” He asked.

“You should do it because of me, Pete, because I ask you to.” I replied touching his arm.

I looked around to see that my mother and her men were in the building now helping Patrick and Jenny fight off any of Beckett’s men. He had a lot of them and I figured my father did not care how many he sent, just as long as I was captured. That was his goal.

Suddenly, as it all happened so fast, four vampires came and broke Pete and me apart. Two had knocked him down to the floor and two grabbed me and carried me over towards Beckett. This whole vampire thing was getting on my nerves as I was trying to break free.

“Look what I have here.” Beckett said as he grabbed me and pulled me away from his two guards.

“No, don’t hurt her.” A badly beaten up Sisky said on the floor.

“I won’t hurt her yet. She has a meeting with her father to attend to and then I shall be the lucky one to hurt her. You will be mine and no one else’s.” Beckett laughed.

“Are you so sure about that?” I asked kneeing him in the groin and running over to help Sisky up.

Pete came over and lunged at Beckett. “Amanda, get him outside, now!” Pete yelled as he started to fight Beckett.

“I will take him to my mother but I am not leaving you with Beckett!” I snapped. I can fight and I was not going to let my dad scare me. From now on, I am not running for my life. Pete fights for me so why should I let him and his friends do it alone.

“Amanda, take Sisky out of here.” My mother said. “My men have the outside secured. No one can get in or out unless it is one of us.” She replied.

“I am not leaving my friends or Pete.” I said looking back.

“I am fine.” Sisky said wincing in pain as he took his arm off from around my neck and tried to stand on his own. “Go help your friends.” He replied.

I took off over towards Jenny who needed some help. I heard my mother yell at Sisky and shook my head. At least he was safe for now.

I helped Jenny kill off the five vampires that had surrounded her and ran over to help Patrick with her. After I staked a vampire, however, the pit of my stomach had the most horrible feeling ever. I looked up to see Pete having his back turned from a vampire that managed to stake him.

“No!” I screamed as I tried to fight my way through the chaos of one side of the room to the side where Pete was. Beckett had a stake and was behind Pete. He gave me that nasty grin. I knew what was going to happen.

“Pete, look out!” I yelled as I pushed past vampires of all sorts to get to Pete.

I was too late, however. I watched and froze as Beckett staked Pete in the heart. Pete looked at me and the look on his face made me sick. The whole room started to spin around me and I think everyone stopped fighting.

“No! No! Pete!” I screamed as I started to run to him but held back.

“Let go! Pete!” I yelled as arms and hands tried to drag me backwards.

I lost Pete. I saw Beckett but as everyone in the building was running, I could not find Pete. I just saw Beckett give me an evil laugh.

“No, I have to find him. No, he could not have died! No!” I yelled, as I broke free from
Patrick’s grasp and tried to run back inside the building.

Patrick grabbed me back again and held me for a second. I tried to fight with him. Tears streamed down my face.

“Amanda, Pete is gone.” Patrick said upset but holding me as we got to a car in a safe place.

“No! He can’t be.” I whispered.

“I can give her a sedative to calm her down.” My mother said calmly as if nothing had happened.

“No! I do not need a sedative and you could care less if Pete lived or died. Admit it!” I yelled.

I turned and then saw Sisky standing by the car. I reached over to Patrick’s belt and grabbed a stake. I broke fee running over to Sisky.

“This is your entire fault! You started this! I hate you! Pete is dead because of you!” I said lunging at Sisky.