A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Live

My lungs could not take it anymore and were burning from not breathing. I slowly started to let the air out that I had sucked in my mouth. Something stopped my plans however.

“Live. Live for me.” I heard.

I rose up to the surface as fast as I could and started coughing and gasping for air once my head was out of the water. “Pete.” I said in between coughs. I looked around but he was not there.

“Amanda are you all right?” Erelin asked as I noticed that she and Brendon were by the ladder that led into the pool.

“I’m fine.” I said trying to catch my breath and hopping out of the pool.

“Amanda, I know that you are going through a rough time. If you want to be out here alone, we understand.” Brendon said grabbing Erelin and starting to head back towards the mansion.

“No, its ok, guys. Stay. I know what I have to do.” I said running towards the mansion leaving Brendon and Erelin confused and speechless.

I ran back to my room and put on a t-shirt and some sweat pants. Then, I snuck into the training room that the gang uses. I saw a bag and started packing it full of weapons. I was going to go after William Beckett myself. This is what I have to do to make it up to Pete.

After I finished packing the bag, I started working out. I was so pissed off. I went nuts on the punching bag and then moved on to training myself on the weapons. I started practicing on a crossbow and used it on the dummy the boys had set up in the room. When I felt I was good enough to take on Beckett, I grabbed the bag and headed back upstairs to my room.

I took a shower and changed into some jeans and the hoodie I had put on from last night that belonged to Pete. It still smelled like him. I then crawled into my bed and laid there for a while. I had some hours to kill before it would be dark.

I know I heard Pete in my head. He told me to live. He was the one I heard last night telling me to wake up. I am sure of it. Is Pete alive, but how? I saw him staked through the heart.

The more I thought about it, my brain hurt but my heart raced. It also ached for Pete. I did not see Pete turn to dust however. He could have but I not see due to all the chaos going on around me and getting in my way. Then again, Beckett could have him and quickly got him out of the building, which prevented me from seeing him.

“Are you still alive, Pete? Hold on. I will be coming soon if you are.” I replied in my thoughts before falling asleep.