A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

You Have Alot Of Nerve

“Are we going somewhere?” Sam asked as she went into the kitchen.

“Me? Uh, no.” I replied.

“I am just kidding. Are you feeling any better? We know how hard this is on you but it is hard on everyone else as well. His friends knew him before you.” Sam said as she started to fix her a sandwich.

I already knew that. That is one reason I am going to bring him home. Besides, the other reason is for me. Maybe this is not all Sisky’s fault. Maybe it is just as much mine. I mean, if my father had not been evil then Pete would have never have wanted to find me. If he had never found me, then we would not have fallen in love and he would not be where he is now. I put him and everyone else in danger every day I am alive.

“I know. I feel bad that I have not been able to talk to everyone. It’s just…” I started to say.

“Painful?” Sam finished.

“Something like that.” I said.

“Hey, it’s going to take some time and healing to get over Pete. We will all get through it eventually. Patrick has always been good about taking charge in situations so he says he still wants to help bring down your father.” Sam said as we ate.

“Can we talk about something else, please?” I asked not wanting to hear this right now.

“I’m sorry.” Sam said.

“It’s ok.” I replied.

“Hey, we are going to have a movie night to try and lighten our spirits a bit. Pete would want us to continue to live our lives. You are welcomed to join us.” She said.

“Live. Live for me.” Pete’s voice echoed in my head.

“Amanda?” Sam asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Huh? I’m sorry.” I said. “I think I am going to take a walk outside tonight on the grounds. I just want to be alone for tonight but tomorrow you can count me in.” I said trying to make her feel better.

I wanted to tell her I was going after Pete and that I may not make it back alive. I wanted to tell her that I loved all of my friends in case they never see me again. I at least wanted them to know. Yet, I knew that I could not tell them. I did not want to get them involved and more people hurt. This was apart of my doing and I alone would be the one to get Pete back.

Besides, William may want to turn me but he cannot without taking me to my father first. Therefore, if I am captured, and I do find Pete, nothing will happen to me until I am taken to my father. I have it all covered.

“It’s a deal. I am holding you to it.” She said finishing her food and leaving the kitchen.

I finished mine and cleaned up the kitchen a bit. I looked outside to see that it was starting to get dark. By the time, I ran back upstairs to grab my bag it would be officially dark outside.

I ran upstairs and surprisingly past everyone now gathered in the living room. I grabbed my bag but then sat it down. Maybe I should leave everyone a note but leave it where they won’t find it right away if someone decided to come check on me tonight. I wrote one and hid it, then grabbed my bag. I snuck back downstairs and past everyone and left out the kitchen door. I was in the clear. I climbed a fence on the side of the house to make it to the front of the mansion. Since the alarms know my body type, they would not go off. I loved how all high tech Patrick had this place set up.

Once I had made it to the front, I followed the long driveway out onto the road. There were plenty of trees around. There was also some other mansions but farther down the road. Patrick lived in a secluded area. His aunt liked living alone.

I headed down the road a bit to see a parked car on the side of the road. Great, just my luck for there was a person standing beside the car. “You have a lot of nerve.” I said reaching into my bag for a stake.