Status: Active

Now I Don't Even Know My Last Name

Marry Me, Today and Every Day

“Laken, you look beautiful.” Maria exclaimed as she walked into the room where I was getting ready. “I think I’m going to cry.”

“Don’t! If you start crying then I will and I don’t want my make-up to run.”

Maria laughed and said, “Eric and Cameron want to talk to you. Is it okay to let them in?”

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

Maria walked out and Eric and Cameron soon came in.

“Lakeypoo, you look gorgeous!” Cameron exclaimed as he hugged me.

Eric hugged me next and said, “You do look gorgeous best friend.”

“Thanks guys.” I said to both of them.

“So are you nervous?” Cameron asked.

“Actually I am, which is weird since we’re already married. This just makes it even more official.”

“No turning back now.” Eric joked.

“Thanks for always being here for me, you guys. I swear I couldn’t have done this without you.” I smiled as I tried not to cry.

“We’ll always be here for you Laken.” Eric said.

“I’ll always be over at your house. It’s sweet.” Cameron said.

“We’ll see about that.” I laughed.

Cameron, Eric, and I talked for a few more minutes until they had to leave to get ready for the wedding. Maria and Stefanie, David’s sister, came in and each gave me one last hug before they too went to get ready for the start of the wedding.

Next it was my mom’s turn to come in and talk to me.

“Laken, I need to get out there soon and take my seat but I just wanted to come in and tell you how proud I am of the young lady you’ve become. I can see you much you love David. You look at him the same way I look at your father. You two will have such a wonderful life together. I love you, sweetheart.”

“I love you too, mom.” I said as I hugged her.

She then left and my dad came in so we could get ready to walk down the aisle.

“You look beautiful, baby. I’m sure your mother already told you but we are so proud of you. I’m happy you found David. That boy loves you more than life itself. He will never hurt you but if he does let me know and I’ll take care of it. Being senator has given me some connections to the president. We can have David kicked out of the country.”

I laughed and rolled my eyes. “Thanks Dad. I love you.”

“I love you too. Are you ready?”

I suddenly heard the music start and I nodded my head. My father and I started down the aisle. I knew everyone was smiling at me, from my mother to Cameron and Eric who were David’s groomsmen and then Stef and Maria who were my bridesmaids. The only person I had my eyes on though was David who had the biggest smile on his face.

I finally made it down the aisle and David’s smile got even bigger. “You look beautiful.”

The preacher began the service but I barely heard a word he said. I was too focused on the boy standing next to me.

“Do you David James Pavluk take Laken Marie McHill to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

“I do…again.” David smirked at me.

“Do you Laken Marie McHill take David James Pavluk to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

“I do…again.” I smirked back.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. David, you may now kiss your bride.”

David leaned down and kissed me before we made our way back down the aisle.

“Was this the wedding you’ve always dreamed of?” David asked as we were walking down the aisle.

“It was perfect. The Las Vegas wedding was perfect though too because you were the one I was marrying. I honestly don’t care about the wedding. I just care about you.”

“Well I wanted you to have the wedding you deserve. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said as leaned in to give my husband, for the second time, one more kiss.
________________________________________________________

10 Years Later


“Honey, I’m home.”

I rolled my eyes as Cameron came walking through the door. The boys had just gotten back from a headlining tour.

“Yay, I’m so excited.” I joked as Cameron gave me a hug.

“Sorry David, but your wife likes me better.” Cameron joked as David came walking through the door behind Eric.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” David rolled his eyes as he pushed Cameron out of the way and kissed me.

“I missed you.” I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

“I missed you too, sweetheart.” David replied.

“So how was tour, boys?” I asked.

“Amazing. I swear, each tour just gets better and better.” Eric said.

“Daddy! Uncle Eric! Uncle Cameron!”

Mine and David’s two children came running in from the backyard and ran around giving each of the three boys hugs.

David and I had wanted to incorporate our friend’s names into the names of our children. Our little five year old boy was named Eric Stefan after Eric and David’s sister, Stefanie. Our little three year old girl was named Carmen Maria after Cameron and Maria.

“So Cameron, are you bringing your new girlfriend over for dinner tonight?” I asked. We had a tradition where the boys always came over to mine and David’s house for supper the evening they came back from tour.

“Yeah I am. Please don’t scare her off.”

David rolled his eyes. “I think it’s fine, Cameron. I mean she is dating you and you haven’t scared her off yet.”

“Maria’s coming over too, right Eric?”

“Yeah she is.”

“Good, I want to see that ring you got her again.” I said and Eric blushed. “It’s beautiful.”

Eric and Cameron left with promises to be back in time for dinner with their fiancé and girlfriend with them. The kids ran outside to play even more.

David leaned in and kissed me again as he said, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said as I leaned into him.

While his arms were wrapped around me my eyes instantly shot to the two picture frames sitting on our mantle. The first was a picture from the wedding we had in Virginia. I was in my wedding dress while David was in his tux and we were looking at each other with huge smiles on our faces. The picture next to it was my favorite though. It was once again a picture of David and me but this one showcased us in much more casual clothing with slightly drunk smiles on our faces standing in front of a Las Vegas wedding chapel.

That picture served as a reminder of how our first wedding went, and even though it wasn’t perfect, I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wedding Dress
There it is...it's really over. I'm honestly sad. I didn't think I'd be this sad but I am. I mean this was the first story I ever started on Mibba so it was kind of my baby.

I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who commented on this story at one point or another. I-Do-What-I-Do, tdflover, AmeliaDef, remainthesamex3, JustThinking, nicolecullen, mama-val, gabyyyy, Cupcake Violence, In Love With Love, xomusic_luvxo, tannabanana, Unusually._.Usual, carcrashhearts., Iheartshami, CameronQsGirl, permanentdeclaration, and Fly Away. Thanks so much! You guys definitely kept me motivated.

Finally, if you'd like to check out any of my other stories click here. Or I'll be starting a new Joel Kanitz story soon-ish. If you guys want to already subscribe to it that'd be awesome. It's going to be different from what I've written before and I'm pretty excited. Anyway if you want to check it out click here.