Status: Active ;3

Lost and Found

Andy

“When you think about it, pineapples are just apples, from pine trees!”
The tests came back negative but I’m almost positive Oli has ADHD.
“Hey look! A kangaroo!”
“Oliver, Kangaroos live in Australia. Are we in Australia?”
“No we are not, ANDREW,” Oli replied, adding extra emphasis on my name, “But seriously, I’m pretty sure that’s a kangaroo!”
“Dude, that’s an old lady.”
“Old kangaroo lady.”
“I’m going to pretend I don’t know you for a while.”
“Tell me how that goes for you.”
Thank you Jesus! Finally some silence. For the first time since Di brought Oli back from the foster home. She said she was just going to get some ice cream and came back with an overly energetic, short ass excuse of a brother. I love him really.
“So how’s Angel?” He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.
I just smiled, a blush forming on my face. Angel and I had spent all day together. He was in all but one of my classes. It was amazing. There was only one problem; Angels mute. Completely mute. He just wrote down everything he wanted to say in his tatty, old note book.
“Did Winter say anything about Angel’s muteness or were you two too busy making lovey-dovey eyes at each other?”
“We were not.”
“Were so.”
“Were not times infinity,” he retorted, sticking his tongue out at me, “He just said he hasn’t talked in a little over a year and a half.”
“Hmmm....”
“If it helps, he spent all of lunch cheeking out your ass.”
“Thanks,” I laughed, “Oh, and Oli...”
“What?”
“Were so times infinity to the power of infinity.”
***
I pulled into the Wal-Mart car park.
“So why are we here again?”
“I’m getting low on skittles.”
Oli was bouncy up and down on the seat.
“Don’t stain the upholstery.”
Rolling his he got out of my car.
“Wait up!” I called running towards him and tripping over my own feet.
“Gotcha!” He said, catch me in his arms just as was about to face plant into the concrete.
“Thanks,” I smiled.
***
I had been walking around for at least an hour. He said he was getting skittles. It doesn’t take an hour to buy skittles. I was currently lost in the dog costume isle. If I had a dog, I’d dress it up in the grape costume I was contemplating buying.
“The costumes are pretty kicking right?”
I turned in the direction of the voice. It came from a girl with bright blue hair and a septum piercing. She was tiny. Just coming up to my elbow.
“Would it be a waste of money to buy the grape costume when I don’t have a dog?” I asked smiling.
“Probably,” She laughed, “but if you also bought the submarine costume I’m pretty sure it’d be fine.”
“How does that work?” I laughed.
“I don’t know. I don’t make the rules.”
“Andy,” I said holding my hand out for a hand shake.
“Sam,” she laughed shaking my hand, “So Andy, want to hang out sometime?”
“I’d love to but I’m gay sorry.”
“I’m a lesbian,” She smiled.
“ANNNNNDDDYYYY! OH EM GEE!”
Please Jesus, don’t let it be them.
“Kaitlyn. Sarah. Hi.”
Fuck me gently with a chainsaw.
“Who’s she?” Kaitlyn said motioning towards Sam.
“Sam.”
“Hi,” Sam smiled, “It’s nice to mee-“
“Is she your girlfriend?” Sarah said cutting off.
“N-“
“Actually, I am.” Sam said wrapping her arms around my waist.
She turned to face me.
“Baby, why don’t we go back to mine?”
“Whatever. Bye Andy. Bye bitch.”
God Kaitlyn and Sarah were bitches.
“Who were they?” Sam asked after they’d left.
“Kaitlyn and Sarah,” I rolled my eyes and impersonated their horrible, whiney voices.
“I liked them. Do you think they’d wanna be my BFFL?”
“I think I love you.” I laughed pulling her into a hug.
“What’s this? Are you cheating on me, Andy?”
Oli was pushing a trolley full of skittles, nerf guns and cupcake mix.
“Sam this is my brother Oli. Oli this pretty little lady is Sam.”
“Hello I’m Ol- No way! I can’t believe they have them! I’ve been searching everywhere!” he said skipping towards the dog costumes.
“ADHD?” Sam whispered to me.
“Most likely,” I laughed, watching Oli ask someone who worked there if they ‘made these in human sizes’.
“Damn. I’ve got to make like a tree and leave,” Sam sighed, stealing my phone and programming in her number.
I hugged her one last time before I lost her in a sea of people.
“Can we leave now? I don’t want to miss Oprah. She’s doing a show on lesbian dogs or some shit.”
“Fine.” Oli replied throwing the dog tomato outfit into the trolley.
And that’s when I saw it. The most perfect present for Angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and I'll give you a cupcake.
Deal?