Status: Active.

Have Faith In Me.

So cling to what you know and never let go

Why is the weather so bipolar this year? The last few weeks were so warm and lovely, now its raining and freezing. What the hell mother nature?

Today was supposed to be warm, sunny and overall nice but no, mother nature had to go and make a liar out of the weatherman, again.

Now I can't wear my new outfit for the date. Gah! What am I going to wear now?! Damn you Murphy and your stupid laws!

"What are you doing?" It was Scarlet, my brunette of a best friend. When she was born her dad thought her mother cheated on him, since both of them were redheads. Turns out that it ran in her dad's genes, it just skipped a few generations. She should have been a cute little carrot top, not a mousy brunette. She is far too sweet and gentle-hearted, so it kind of fits.

"I'm trying to find an outfit that screams sexy but in a modest way." Still no outfit, "There is not one acceptable outfit in my whole closet. I need to go shopping, come with me?"

Scarlet's mouth twitches at the sides, "Um, I will if you want me to but you know how I feel about shopping, especially with you." She looks me dead in the eyes with her green, deer-in-the-headlights look. You see, Scarlet and I have been friends since our Sophomore year in high school and two weeks after knowing her, I took her shopping. She…wasn't too happy afterwards. Apparently some girls don't like shopping for six straight hours. Who knew?

"Please?" I pull my very best puppy dog face out, which may or may not have worked. I don't use it often, so I may be a tad bit rusty.

"Of course I'll go," She sighs and turns before walking out of my messy room.

Image


"Please tell me that you're done?" Scarlet whimpers. Her breathing has become rapid in the past hour or so.

"Almost, I have the pants, the jacket, the shoes and now all I need is a shirt." My eyes scanning the racks which seems to carry and endless amount of shirts, yet I cannot find the right one.

Scarlet sighs as she walks away, probably back to the sitting area. Out of the corner of my eye I see a bright blue shirt hanging in the middle of an all grey rack. Pulling the shirt off the rack, I can see it in all its glory. It was a v-neck and had a floral design going down the side. It was so perfect that it even went with the shoes I just bought.

"Scarlet!" I yell. When the clothes rack starts to shake and out pops a small pale hand. I scream...okay I squeaked, not screamed but it's practically the same thing.

"Why are you screaming?" The hand asks, in a voice that sounds oddly like Scarlet's. Speaking of Scarlet, she pokes her head out of the clothes rack with a satisfied smirk on her face.

"The better question is, why are hiding out in the clothes rack?" I say.

She smiles, "I didn't want to walk all the way to the couches, that's all."

"...Oh, that makes sense," I hold up the shirt, "I found the shirt, do you like it?" She nods in response before fully climbing out of the clothes rack.

"Its pretty, can we go now?" She smiles innocently.

I laugh, "Yes, we can go now. Was shopping really that bad?"

"Shopping with you is like being trapped inside of one of Jigsaw's games," she replies with a shrug, "You never really know if you're going to make it out alive."