Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

X

Before he could answer we were both pummeled by a wave. I detached from John and tried to find my way to the surface as I was being tossed around by the wave. Finally I came up and gasped for air. I crawled up the beach and searched for John.

"Looking for someone?" A voice asked as they grabbed my sides.

I gasped and turned to see who it was before smiling.

"You scared me, you jerk!" I laughed, giving his bare chest a little smack. "So what did you want to tell me?"

"Uh, don't worry about it. It wasn't important." He shrugged.

"Okay." I said slowly. "Let's get back in!"

I grabbed his hand and pulled him back into the water. We swam back in and the whole day consisted of his arms around my waist, him tossing me around, piggy back rides, and even a few kisses on the cheeks or forehead. I'm sure we looked like a couple to everybody else at the beach, but we knew it was all in good fun. Finally we were getting bored and decided that we were ready to get out.

"We forgot towels, didn't we?" I asked as we walked up the beach.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure we did." He chuckled, throwing his arm around my shoulder. "We could just chill out here until we dry off."

"That sounds great. The sun's gonna set soon anyway." I said, finding a spot to sit down on.

He took a seat with his legs stretched out and I sat between them and leaned back into his chest. No words were really necessary in that moment. We both knew that any words would have ruined the way we were feeling. I had never felt so close to anyone in my life as I was feeling to him right now. And I knew he felt the same way about me.

We watched the sun set over that beach in San Diego without saying a word. It was amazing and beautiful and romantic.

As much as I wanted a picture to remember this moment, it was something I knew I would never forget. I felt like we were the only two people in the world. I forgot about Danny, my deal with John, and the fact that I was freezing cold. That didn't matter anyway because John's body heat kept me perfectly warm.

The sun had finally gone down the whole way and it was beginning to get dark. We were both completely dry and my normally curled hair was in beachy waves. John shifted and pulled me close as he buried his face into the crook of my neck. We both knew that our clock was ticking. Soon we would have to go home and face reality again.

"I don't want to go." He mumbled into my neck. The movement of his lips tickled my skin, but I was still frowning.

"I don't wanna go either, but we have to. I promise I won't let them sue you for kidnapping me." I tried to lighten the mood, but we were both upset.

"Just promise me that you'll do this again with me someday?" He asked hopefully.

"I promise." I tried to sound truthful, but I honestly didn't know if we'd ever get a chance to do it again.

Soon, he'd have a real girlfriend, I'd have a real boyfriend and we probably wouldn't get a chance to run away like this again.

But a girl could hope.

"We'd better go then." He sighed, pulling me up with him.

He tried to pull me towards the parking lot but I pulled him back to me. He looked confused for a second, but I quickly wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you." I whispered.

Instead of replying he just held me tighter.

"I'll never forget about this." He whispered.

"Me neither."

Finally, we retreated to the truck and I slid in and crawled to the back seat. I changed into my dry clothes and put my sandy, but dry bathing suit back into the shopping bag. I crawled back into the front seat and put my seatbelt on.

I looked over at John and he had put his shirt back on along with his jeans.

"Let's stop for a nice dinner before we go home." He suggested.

"Alright." I nodded.

He pulled into a beach side restaurant and we got out.

We walked inside and sat down in a cute booth and picked up the menus.

"Well hello you too." A nice middle aged waitress said to us. "What a cute couple. Could I start you off with some drinks?"

"I'd like a root beer, please." I smiled.

"I'll have the same." John nodded.

"I'll be right back." She said with a big grin.

"What a cute couple!" John mocked with a laugh.

"Be quiet," I shushed, "She's nice."

"You're nice." He replied.

I just shook my head at him and kept studying the menu. I bit my lip and tried to decide what I wanted. I was trying to choose between the crab cakes and the seafood sampler.

Then the waitress came back and set down our drinks.

"Have you two decided on what you want?" She asked, taking her notepad and pen out.

"Um," John stuttered, looking to me.

"I'd like the seafood sampler." I ordered.

"Alright, and for you?" She asked John.

"I'll take the crab cakes." He smiled at her politely.

She grinned once more and took our menus.

"She is way too amused by our sexiness." He joked as she walked out of earshot.

"Oh, so you think I'm sexy?" I asked, giving him a sultry look.

"Well I'd do you." He answered bluntly.

I blushed and looked away.

"Excuse me." A voice said.

We looked up and saw a young girl, probably about fifteen years old.

"Yeah?" John asked.

"Um, could I maybe get a picture with you? I really love The Maine. I didn't know that you guys were in town." She said nervously.

"Of course you can. And we're not really in town, I came up here for a little vacation with my friend Millie." He told her, gesturing to me.

"Hi." She said shyly.

"Hi, I can take the picture if you want." I suggested.

"Thanks," She smiled, handing me her phone.

She leaned into the booth next to John and he leaned close to her. They both had big smiles on their faces and looked adorable.

I snapped the photo and gave the phone back to her.

"Thank you so much." She said, her cheeks bright red.

"No problem. Have a great night." John smiled.

"Thanks you too." She said, grinning at both of us.

Then she walked away and I took a sip of my drink.

"Thank God she wasn't crazy." He sighed.

I laughed and shook my head at him.

We got through the rest of our dinner peacefully and returned to the truck sadly when it was over.

"I really, really don't want to go home." John groaned as he started driving.

"I don't wanna go home either. This was the most fun I've had in forever." I told him, scooting over in the seat to be closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes to relax.

I was almost asleep when I heard a soft voice singing. It was obviously John.

"Untangle me, I'm not looking for a sign
Keep your body next to mine and set me free
Untangle me from these feelings inside way out past the smoke and fire is where I'll be
I've been waiting such a long time for someone to come along
Untangle me,"


I felt my stomach flutter and I just wanted him to sing to me all night, even though he probably thought I was asleep.

I felt him stroke my hair and kiss the top of my head before wrapping his arm around me. Then he whispered,

"Untangle me, Millie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw. So there's another filler. Sorry that it's short.

Thanks to xDead.by.Dawnx, becohh., steven hyde., we are criticized., liar's lane., Peaceluvhappy, Laura 4392, whilethefirewasout, heyisaidhow, FantasticPosingGreed, and somebody_who_cares for commenting!

Comment and subscribe!