Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

XII

John

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I picked it up and smiled at the name and picture.

"Hey." I answered.

"Hi. So, I'm guessing I just woke you up?" She asked.

"Yeah." I chuckled in a groggy voice. "But it's alright. What do you wanna do today?"

"I don't know. Just hang out with you. Then maybe we could go bowling with Ross and Sierra tonight?" She suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds awesome. I'll be at your house in a few." I told her.

"Alright. I can't wait." I could hear the shy smile in her voice.

"Me either. See ya." I said, grinning like an idiot.

"Bye."

I hung up and looked at my screensaver once more before getting ready to go.

When I pulled up to her house she was sitting on the porch steps with her head down, leaning against the banister. She looked up and gave me a sad smile before walking up to the truck and getting in.

I looked over at her and shut off the truck.

"What are you doing?" She asked quietly.

"What's wrong?"

She looked down at her lap and started to play with her hands nervously.

"Nothing," She mumbled, "We just got into a fight this morning. I mean, it's not like my parents cared that much but Garrett and Trey were still being really mean and my mom wouldn't even stand up for me! It's just so annoying how they get to do whatever they want and I get judged extra harshly for everything. I hate it."

"I'm sorry. I wish I knew how to make it better." I frowned. I took her hands in mine and rubbed circles in her skin with my thumbs. I saw a blush creep up her cheeks and I smiled.

"It's alright. Let's just go somewhere. I'm hungry." She said, seeming to cheer up.

"Okay, I know just the place." I smiled.

She nodded and looked out the window. Before I started driving I leaned over and kissed her cheek softly, just to show that I really did care. She giggled at me cutely and I started driving.

The car ride was quiet because Millie was probably still upset about the fight with her brothers.

I was mad at Garrett too. Not for what he said about me, but because he made Mills so upset. He could be the nicest guy in the world, but he could also be a huge tool. But then again, I used to be a complete dick to Millie also.

I looked over at her, admiring the way her thick curls trailed down her back. She always reminded me of an old fashioned pin up girl with the way her big blue eyes contrasted with her black hair. Her soft tan skin was always smooth and silky. Her smile was gorgeous and her dimples made her even cuter if that was possible. She was so beautiful, but in a unique way. She wasn't what you think when you picture a beautiful girl. She's better.

I smiled to myself thinking about her. Everything seemed better now since I had her. I didn't need to drink as much and Ross and Sierra didn't really bother me.

Now the last piece of the puzzle was actually asking her out. For real. I'd been thinking about it all night. I hardly got any sleep and I probably looked like shit, but she didn't care. She would never judge someone on the way they looked. She was above that, she saw people for their true beauty. It was just one of the many things I loved about her. She was the nicest person you would ever want to meet, but you don't want to piss her off.

We arrived at the small cafe and I took her smooth hand in mine. She laced our fingers and held a content smile on her lips.

We sat down and ordered coffee first.

"Thanks John. I'm kinda glad we made this little deal." She told me.

"I am too, Mill. You have no idea," And she didn't, "If you ever need anything, I'm here for you no matter what."

"Thank you. I'm really lucky I have you as a friend." She smiled.

She had no clue, but that sentence tore my heart into pieces. Friend. Of course that's all I'd ever be to her. But I could still try to win her over.

We sat in the booth talking for awhile. She giggled at all my stupid jokes and sarcastic comments. God this girl is perfect. Well, no. She's not perfect. She's got her flaws, but she's perfect for me and only me.

I was about to tell her how beautiful she looked when somebody approached us.

"Hey guys. I didn't expect to see you here." He said, looking only at Millie as he spoke.

"Hey Danny! How are you?" She asked excitedly.

She wasn't over him.

"I'm doing well. How about you?" He asked with a smile. I didn't know why but I felt like nothing good was coming out of this.

"We're great." She smiled up at him.

"Awesome. For a second I was worried that O'Callaghan was gonna love you and leave you just like he talked about that one night." He chuckled.

I saw Millie's face drop, but then she regained her smile for Danny.

"Danny-" I started, but she cut me off.

"Well, he hasn't done either yet." She laughed, although I could tell she was furious on the inside.

"That's good. See you guys around." He nodded before walking out of the cafe.

She watched him get into his little prius and drive away before getting up from the booth and storming out the door.

"Fuck," I muttered to myself before throwing money down on the table and following after her.

"Millie, wait!" I called.

She didn't even look back as she stomped to my truck. She got in and slammed the door shut. She put on her seat belt and stared straight ahead. I ran after her and got into the drivers seat.

"Just let me explain." I begged her.

"Take me the fuck home." She spat, giving me a glare.

"I was drunk off my ass that night! I didn't mean that and that's not what this is about, I swear to you." I pleaded.

"I actually thought that maybe you were different, but you're always going to be an asshole. Taking me to San Diego was just to help you get laid. I can't believe you." She whispered, her voice giving out at the end.

She squeezed her eyes shut and started wiping them. She let out a shaky breath and my heart sank to my stomach.

"Please don't cry, babydoll." I whispered.

"Take me home." She ordered. "And don't call me that."

I just nodded and drove her home. The ride was completely silent, she didn't even turn the radio on.

I pulled up to her house and she jumped out the second the truck stopped. She was whimpering softly and trying to stop her tears. I wanted nothing more than to hold her and tell her how sorry I was for making her cry. She was about to walk away when she turned back to talk to me.

"I'll go on with this stupid deal but only for the money. I don't want to hang out with you unless it's in front of somebody. Just text me about tonight."

I put my head down and nodded. She turned and walked inside, slamming her front door shut.

I fucked up so badly. Of course, because that's all I am. A fuck up. Millie saw through that, though. Well, she used to.

I took out my phone while I was driving and dialed Jared's number.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey bro, I need to get fucking wasted. I'm coming over." I told him.

"Uh, okay. But dude, it's like eleven in the morning." He said.

"I know. It gives me all day to drink."

"Dude-"

I cut him off by hanging up. I knew he was going to lecture me about my drinking habits, but I didn't care. The girl I was in love with went from almost loving me to hating me in a matter of seconds. All thanks to Danny fucking Anderson. That kid was going to get it. He knew exactly how she would react when he told her that. He wanted to drive us apart.

I pulled up to Jared's and got out of my truck quickly. I opened the door and went straight to his fridge. I grabbed two beers and started to double fist them.

"Whoa Johno, slow down." He said as he walked into the kitchen.

"This is the plan." I said, completely ignoring his warning, "I'm going to get drunk as fuck and then you're going to drive me to Danny's house. Alright?"

"Why? What happened? Does this have to do with Millie?" He asked.

My heart sunk at hearing her name.

"Don't worry about it." I replied.

He sighed and nodded.

"Well do you think Millie would like to see you like this?" He asked, knowing the answer.

"No she wouldn't. Happy?" I spat. I felt the alcohol making me bolder as it rushed through my veins. I had already finished both beers and I was grabbing two more out of the fridge when I heard someone walk into Jared's house.

"Hey dude!" I called to Kennedy.

"Johno, what's up? Why are you drinking at eleven?" He asked.

"None of your God damn business." I answered with a smirk.

"Alright dude. Just don't die." He joked.

I laughed and downed a few more beers while telling them how much I loved Millie. I talked about her so long that I actually started repeating everything. They were getting really annoyed with me, but I could go on for hours. And I did.

I was finally drunk by two o'clock but Jared managed to hold me off from going to Danny's until four when I threatened to drive myself. The ride there took about twenty minutes and I was more than ready to kick some ass by the time we got there.

I staggered out of the car and knocked on the door. Nobody answered so I knocked harder and rang the doorbell.

Finally he answered the door with a confused look.

"John, what are you-" He didn't even finish his sentence before I pulled him outside by the collar of his shirt and punched him in the face.

I wasn't hitting him for very long before I was restrained by Jared and Kenny.

Danny stood there looking frightened as he wiped the blood from his mouth.

"Don't talk to her ever again!" I shouted in a slurred voice. "You don't deserve her and you never did. She's amazing and you never appreciated her."

"John! Let's just go." Jared begged.

"Millie? She's too good for you and we both know it." Danny said.

He took a few swings at me before Kennedy let go of me to restrain him. I was so angry and upset. Just because of him, Millie would never fall in love with me. And she was all I wanted.

I was about to lunge at him again when I heard police sirens.

---

Millie

I was in the kitchen making stir fry thinking about this morning. How could he do this to me? He was being so sweet and caring just to sleep with me. I actually thought I was starting to fall for him. That's probably what he wants. He wants me to get attached to him and then have sex with him so he can leave me.

I thought he was different. I thought that he really cared about me. He paid attention to me and helped me that night I was sick. He didn't even bring up sleeping together that night we were in the hotel. All he wanted to do was cuddle. He was a gentleman the whole time we were there. How could he?

My phone started to ring as I was cooking, taking me away from my thoughts. The number was unfamiliar to me, but I picked it up anyway.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi there. Is this Mildred Nickelsen?" A man asked. I shuddered at the use of my full name.

"Yes it is." I answered.

"My name is officer Giomatti and I'm calling regarding John O'Callaghan. We brought him in on assault charges and he asked that we call you. He's severely intoxicated at the moment. His bail is at about five hundred right now, you can come in to visit him if you'd like." He told me.

"Oh God!" I groaned as I turned off everything on the oven and wiped my hands. "I'll be there as soon as possible."

I grabbed my purse and slipped on some shoes before bolting out the door and into my car. I drove down to the county jail faster than a bat out of hell.

Although I didn't like John, I couldn't let him spend the night in jail. His parents would freak out if they knew. I just wonder who he assaulted.

I pulled into a parking space and walked into the building. Before I could enter I had to have my purse searched which took forever.

When the guard was done I walked up to the front desk and talked to the man there.

"I need to see John O'Callaghan." I told him.

"O'Callaghan is in the third cell on the left. Are you paying his bail, ma'am?" The cop asked.

I sighed and nodded as I fished my checkbook out of my purse.

I wrote out the check for five hundred dollars which was almost everything in my checking account.

Once the check was cleared I walked back to see John sleeping on a little bench inside the jail cell. I saw a bruise forming in his cheek and a cut on his lip and frowned.

Must have been a bar fight.

As I stood there staring at him, one of the guards punched in the number to unlock the cell and woke him up.

"You're free to go." He told him.

"What?" He asked, groggy, drunk, and confused.

The guard just gestured to me and left.

"Babydoll, you came."
♠ ♠ ♠
So it appears that Millie doesn't hate him as much as she's letting on.

This chapter is kind of jumpy and I hate it a little bit. Sorry if you hate it too.

Comment and subscribe!