Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

XIII

"Baby I-" John started as we walked to my car.

"Don't! Don't say anything and don't talk to me. You did a stupid fucking thing! What were you thinking? You weren't thinking. You never do." I screeched, throwing my arms into the air.

"Millie-"

"I said don't talk. I'm so furious right now. Do you know how much your bail was? It was five hundred dollars. Guess how much money I have in my checking account now? Thirteen dollars. And will you please tell me why you thought it was a good idea-"

I was cut off by John's lips pressing forcefully onto mine. As much as I wanted to push him away, I couldn't. As soon as I was about to kiss back, he pulled away.

"Thank God you finally shut up." He muttered.

I was still in a little shock from the kiss, but I quickly regained my senses when John tried to grab my keys.

"I'll drive."

"Like hell!" I cried, snatching my keys back. "Get in the damn car."

He glared at me for a second before finally getting in the passenger seat. I let out and annoyed groan as I got into the drivers seat.

"In the passenger seat as you are driving me home..." John sang drunkenly.

The rest of the ride was silent until I took the exit towards Johns house.

"Wait, whoa- what are you doing?" He asked.

"Driving you home." I answered.

"You can't take me home, Mill. My mom will freak out if she sees me like this." He exclaimed.

"Jesus Christ! Calm down, you can stay at my place tonight. But you seriously owe me for this." I growled. I couldn't even look at him. I was angry, disappointed, upset, and confused.

I liked what I felt in that kiss. There was simply no denying it. If he hadn't pulled away, then it probably would have turned into a full on make out. But then again, that's what he wanted. He wants me to spread my legs for him just like every other girl in Arizona does.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything I've done. I know that what Danny said hurt you, but look at me- honestly look me in the eyes and tell me that you believe I just wanted to fuck you. If I did, I would have done it or given up on you by now." His tone was pleading and his voice was hoarse. I could see his eyes glazing over as he stared at me in admiration.

"I- we'll talk about this later." I whispered after a long pause.

"Don't do this to me, babydoll. I'm better with you. You can't deny how you felt that night we watched the sunset. I've never felt that way with-" I knew what was coming and I couldn't bear to hear it. At least not this way.

"Stop." I ordered, biting my lip. "Just stop."

"Millie I'm never gonna have the balls to say this sober." He told me.

"Then that's too bad, isn't it?" I asked in a rude tone.

I wasn't sure, and as stupid as it sounds, I could have sworn I heard the sound of his heart breaking.

The rest of the ride was completely silent and tense.

When we arrived at my house we snuck up the stairs quietly. It was only eight and I was glad that nobody saw me pull John into my room. He laid down on my bed and curled up with my blankets. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Get up." I whispered.

"Why?" He whined.

"Because you've got a nasty cut on your lip and I don't want your blood all over my bed." I explained.

"I'msodrunk." He said quickly.

I giggled and shook my head at his confused and goofy expression.

"Come here." I smiled as I grabbed his hand and pulled him into my bathroom. "Sit on the counter."

He nodded and sat back onto my bathroom sink counter. He leaned his head against my mirror and hummed some song that sounded vaguely familiar. I pulled out my Bactine and Sesame Street band aids and set them next to him. I stood between his legs and wet a small piece of toilet paper. I dabbed all the dried blood away. I could feel his hot breath on my face as I cleaned his wound. I could sense that he was breathing heavier, but ignored it anyway.

"I don't like blood." He said softly.

I chuckled and tossed it into the garbage before pulling a cotton ball from the little bag on my sink. I sprayed it with the Bactine and saw John tense up.

"It's not going to hurt, I promise." I told him.

Although I wanted to avoid it, I looked up into his eyes and my breath got caught in my throat. My eyes widened and my heart started to beat faster. Our noses were almost touching when a loud knock interrupted us.

"Millie?" I heard Trey ask.

"Uh- yeah?" I asked, startled and pulling away from John.

"Where've you been? The bank called and asked why you wrote out a check for five hundred dollars."

"Th- they did?" I squeaked.

Trey was silent for a long time. I almost thought he walked away before he spoke again.

"Is John in there with you?" He asked in a monotone.

"Stay in here." I whispered before pulling open the door and stepping out. My face held an ashamed look as I glanced at my big brother.

"What's going on?" He asked with his arms crossed.

"John got arrested...the money was his bail money." I explained nervously.

"Oh God Millie! What are you thinking? I don't know what the hell is going on with you two but mom and dad can't find out about this! Five hundred dollars, Millie? Do you know how hard you worked for that money?" He lectured.

"Yes Trey because it's my money and I can do what I please with it. He's my boyfriend, and I couldn't let him sit in jail for God knows how long!" I argued.

"Why didn't you take him back to his house?" He asked.

"Because I couldn't let him go back to his house drunk and bleeding. Trey, this is my business so I think we'd better just keep it that way. Got it?" I asked.

"Do what you want but don't come crying to me when things get fucked up and you need help, because I won't be there for you."

"Is that a threat or a promise?" I muttered before stepping back into the bathroom and between John's legs again.

"I'm sorry." John frowned. "I'll- I'll pay you back the bail and I'm sorry for..."

"For what?" I asked softly.

He mumbled something under his breath that couldn't catch.

"What is it, John?" I asked him. "You can tell me."

He looked up at me like a frightened puppy and spoke, "I'm sorry for beating up Danny."

I wanted to be mad, God I wanted to be so angry with him but he looked so remorseful and guilty that I couldn't be angry. I don't know what he was doing to me, but I was enchanted. Completely under his spell.

"I'll talk to him in the morning about dropping the charges."

"No Millie, I deserve it-"

"This would just upset everybody, the guys, your family, your fans. I'm not letting Danny do that to you over some stupid drunken fight. He's pissing me off anyway." I said, mumbling the last part.

I held his chin between my thumb and forefinger while dabbing his cut with the Bactine. Once it was clean I placed a round cookie monster band aid on it and smiled.

"Thanks Doctor Millie." He laughed. "Cookie monster is alright, but I'm more of a big bird fan."

"Well I am too, which is why I'm fresh out of big birds." I chuckled.

I was about to walk out of the bathroom when he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him.

"You forgot something." He murmured.

"What's that?" I asked in a nervous whisper.

"A kiss to make it better." He replied in his raspy, sexy voice.

His hands slid down to my hips and his eyes bored into mine. I leaned down and placed a soft kiss at the corner of his mouth. I wanted nothing more than to keep going with that kiss, but I knew I couldn't. That would mean giving up and breaking all the promises I made to myself.

"You should get to bed." I whispered as I stepped out of his grasp.

"Yeah." He agreed.

I stepped out of the bathroom and watched him collapse on my bed. I just stood there for a second, watching him before he spoke to me, "Millie I-"

"Sober up. We'll talk in the morning." I whispered before walking out of the room and turning off the lights.

I ran a hand through my hair and walked back downstairs. Garrett was in the kitchen when I walked in.

"Hey." I said, trying to be civil.

"Hey." He replied. "Look Mill.." He sighed. "You're my little sister and I just- I know how John is. I don't want him to do to you what he's done to other girls. All I'm saying is be careful."

"Thanks Garrett and I know, I'll be careful." I told him.

"Good, now let's never talk about this again." He said as he hurried out of the kitchen.

"Love you too." I mumbled as he walked out.

It was moments like these that I wish I had some better friends. Sure, I had lots of friends but none that I could really call and talk about my problems with.

I let out a small sigh and opened the fridge. I pulled out some left over mac and cheese and threw it on a plate in the microwave.

As I watched the numbers count down my phone rang, scaring the shit out of me.

Another unfamiliar number scrolled across the screen and I rolled my eyes.

"Hello?" I answered, sounding annoyed.

"Uh, Millie?" I heard a woman ask.

"Yes, who's this?" I asked, trying to sound nicer.

"Cindy...John's mom." She answered.

"Oh! Hi, how are you?" I asked politely.

"I'm great, how are you?" She asked.

"Couldn't be better." I lied.

"Aw, that's great. I'm so sorry to bother you but I couldn't get a hold of John and I figured-"

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. He's with me, uh he's not feeling well so I let him stay here for the night. He's asleep so he must not hear his phone." I told her. I felt bad lying to her, but it was for the best.

"Oh thank goodness," she laughed, "I never know what kind of trouble he's getting into. But I'm glad he found you, he's such a better man because of you. I mean, he's my son and I've always been proud of him but with you...he's even better."

I didn't know what to say and suddenly I was a lot less focused on the mac and cheese in front of me.

"I don't know what to say.." I told her honestly for about the first time in the conversation.

"I'm sorry, I know it's too soon to say this but I'm just excited that at least one of my sons has a respectable girlfriend." She sighed.

"Thank you, that's really nice of you to say. And I'm sorry for stealing John away all the time. I know you probably miss him enough when he's on tour and you probably don't want me taking up all of his time when he's home." I rambled, trying to be polite.

"I'm just glad he hasn't been partying and getting into trouble like normal." Just by her tone, I could tell how much she loved her son.

I felt so bad for lying to her about everything. I was almost getting sick from all the lies I was spitting out.

"In fact," she continued, "he was in the kitchen the other night gushing to his father about how much he- cared about you."

I couldn't figure out why she paused, but I ignored it.

"That's sweet." I chuckled. "And I'd love to meet the rest of the family. Could I invite you all to dinner tomorrow night at my house?"

"You don't have to do that." She told me.

"I want to. Please? As a little favor to my future regulars." I smiled.

"Well when you put it that way, we'd love to join you for dinner tomorrow. What time should we be there?" She asked.

"Seven o'clock would be perfect." I answered.

"Thank you Millie. I can't wait."

"It's my pleasure." I assured her.

"You're really great, Millie. I know you probably don't need my advice, but just trust me, make sure he appreciates you like he should. And if he doesn't, leave his ass." She laughed.

I cracked up at what she said.

"I'll keep it in mind."

"Well, I don't think you two will ever have to worry. The chemistry between the two of you is unbelievable." She told me.

"So I've heard." I mumbled.

"Well, I should probably go do the dishes. It was great talking to you Millie."

"Thanks Cindy. You too." I smiled even though she couldn't see me.

"Alright, bye."

"Bye."

I finished my mac and cheese all by myself in the kitchen before retreating to my room after finding nothing better to do. I stepped in quietly, trying not to disturb John and pulled a few blankets and a pillow onto the floor. I made a little bed and right before I laid down I snuck a quick glance at John. He was out cold.

I brushed back the hair that was in his forehead before giving him a kiss. Not on the forehead or the cheek, but on the lips.

"You're not as bad as they think, O'Callaghan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, hated that chapter a little bit too. So, comments kind of lacked on the last chapter:/

So please comment and subscribe. This chapter was a weird filler but something's going to happen in the next chapter I swear!