Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

IIXXX

After I had that dream I realized how badly I missed having John in my life. Then I remembered that he was the one that rejected me. But still, I figured there was no harm in just seeing the concert. He didn't even have to know I was there. And with any luck, he wouldn't know.

"Hey Millie, have you decided whether or not you're going tonight?" Anna asked me eagerly.

"I think I might...unless you need me to do-"

"No! You've got no responsibilities tonight. The only thing I need you to do is go to that venue and buy yourself a drink at the bar. And tell Garrett I say hi." She told me as she started pushing me out the door.

"Okay, fine." I laughed. "Do you want me to ask you if you'll help me get ready?"

Her face lit up and she nodded her head excitedly.

"Anna, will you help me get ready?" I asked.

"Of course! I'm so glad you asked!" She smiled as we walked out of the restaurant together.

We drove home discussing what I was going to wear and what she thought was going to happen tonight. She told me that she thought he was going to dedicate a song to me or perhaps buy me something. I didn't think that either of those things were going to happen, but I had to admit they would be nice.

We got home and walked up to my apartment that she had recently moved out of. As soon as I walked in the door I heard Stephen's voice.

"Happy birthday!"

I walked into the kitchen and saw him standing there with a big birthday cake. I laughed and gave him a hug before scooping some of the icing up with my finger and licking it off.

"Thanks guys. This is really sweet."

"No problem, Millie. So are you gonna go see John tonight?" He asked.

"Well I don't think I'll- hey is that a cookie bouquet?" I asked as the arrangement caught my eye.

"Yeah, I guess. It was sitting outside your door when I got here." He replied with a shrug.

"It was? Does he have a card?" I asked as I searched it.

"I don't think so. Do you know who it's from?"

I thought for a second before answering him. Could it be from John? It had to be. But why wouldn't he include a card? Am I just jumping to conclusions? Should I even tell them I think it's from him?

"I don't know, but it's sweet." I lied.

We cut the cake and ate a few pieces before Stephen started cleaning up and Anna helped me get ready.

She curled my long hair and picked out an outfit for me while I did my makeup.

She chose my tight black long sleeved party dress and a pair of leather red flats. It was simple, sexy, and cute. I felt a little skanky when I put it on, but I thought, what the hell? It's my birthday.

"I'm so proud of you Mill. You look gorgeous." Anna squealed as she ran her fingers through my hair. "I really hope he makes up for what he did."

"You and me both." I mumbled as I stepped into the living room where Stephen was watching tv.

"Whoa! You look hot!" He exclaimed.

"Stephen!" Anna exclaimed as she slapped his shoulder. "She's my best friend, you can't say that about her."

"Sorry, babe. You're hotter." He apologized as he kissed her cheek.

"I know." She giggled.

"Hey!" I cried, with my hands on my hips.

"Sorry, Mills." He chuckled.

"Don't worry about it." I smiled. "I should get going if I want to get a seat."

The butterflies started acting up as I got closer to the door. The couple wished me a happy birthday again as I stepped out. My hands started sweating and my stomach was cramping up.

I cringed as a fleet of ambulances passed me by on my way to the show. It wasn't very uncommon to see ambulances a few times a day in Boston, but I got a weird anxious feeling when this one passed me by. I chalked it up to just being nervous about the concert.

When I finally pulled up to the busy venue I had a really hard time finding a parking space. But, I wasn't lucky enough to have to leave because of it. I found one and fixed my makeup before stepping out. I was getting rude looks from almost everybody inside as I walked in, but I didn't care. I wasn't here for them.

I stepped up to the bar and waited for the bartender to see me, taking a seat while I waited.

"Hey sweetheart, can I get you something to drink?" He asked finally.

"Yes please. Could I just have a martini?" I asked as I handed over my license.

"Sure thing birthday girl. It's on the house." He said, giving me a wink.

I blushed and put my id back in my wallet.

I sipped my drink while the opening bands went on. They were really great, but I was looking forward to seeing The Maine the most.

I waited for what seemed like forever for them.

I checked my phone and they were supposed to go on five minutes ago.

Then fifteen.

Then thirty.

Then an hour.

I looked around at the impatient crowd behind me and pulled out my phone to ask my brother what was going on.

Before I got a reply I saw Kennedy walk out onto the stage and grab the microphone. Everybody cheered for him before he finally started speaking.

"Hey guys, I know you were excited to see the show tonight but unfortunately we're having some behind the scenes problems and we won't be able to perform tonight. Sorry guys, but Pat and I will be signing autographs at merch after this."

My heart rate started to increase and I frowned.

Meet me backstage. I'll pick you up at security.

I got even more worried as I read the text and shot up from my seat. I heard the bartender begging for my number as I hurried away, but I didn't care.

"Millie!" A voice called as I tried to push my way through the crowd. I turned towards the person thinking it was my brother, but instead it was a girl.

"Oh, um hi." I said politely.

"Yeah, I don't know you personally or anything I just saw your pictures on John's tumblr about a year ago and I wanted to meet you in person." She admitted.

"Aw that's sweet. I'd really love to stay and talk to you but I've got to go see Garrett. He's waiting for me." I frowned.

"It's okay. I live here and I see you at Leonardo's all the time. I love the ziti there." She complimented.

"Thank you! And sorry." I said before rushing away and getting back to my brother.

"Gare, what's going on? Is everything okay?" I asked in a panic.

I knew deep down that something wasn't right.

"I'm sorry, Mill. It's all my fault."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhh. Predictions on what's wrong? It's pretty easy to figure out. I'm no mastermind or anything.

Comment and subscribe!!! Guess what? I have 301 subscribers!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh!!!!!!! That's so freaking exciting!