Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

III

I sat on my bed staring at my Blackberry. I was expecting Danny's call. I knew it wouldn't be long, he always called when he was supposed to. I missed him so much. He went to USC for a year but I guess he transferred to ASU, which is awesome for me.

He was honestly the greatest boyfriend ever. He was never late, he was never mean, he would buy me flowers for no reason, and he put up with all my shit. When we broke up I was pretty upset for a few weeks, but I learned to live without him. But now that he's back I can hardly think straight.

I was pulled from my thoughts when "Children Of The 90's" started blasting from my phone, signifying that somebody was calling me. I saw the familiar number and smiled.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Millie, it's Danny." He greeted.

"Hey Danny, what's up?" I asked with a smile on my face even though he couldn't see it.

"Not much, what about you? We didn't really get to talk much today."

"I know, sorry. I'm okay, thanks."

"You still planning on opening a restaurant?" He asked.

"Yeah! How did you remember?" I chuckled.

"I remember everything, Millie."

That simple sentence made my heart flutter.

"Yeah, so do you want to get together later? Maybe meet up for dinner or something?" He suggested.

"I'd love that. Pick me up at 7?"

"Sounds great. See you then, Millie."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and squealed before jumping up and down on my bed for a few seconds.

Then, I ran downstairs and tackled that stupid looking boy that was always hanging around. I wrapped my arms around his skinny body and squeezed him tightly. His sat on my living room couch looking horrified.

"What did I do? What the fuck is going on?" He cried in horror.

"Well sir, because of you, I have a little date with Danny Anderson tonight! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I topped off my embrace with a peck on the cheek before releasing him and skipping to the kitchen in search of my brother.

"Where's Garrett?" I asked as I came back to the living room where John still sat.

"He went to go get a pizza..." He said slowly. "You're not gonna kiss me again, are you?"

"Not unless you're really lucky." I smirked. "I just can't wait for my date! I've missed Danny so much, you have no idea. I'm so glad he's back."

"Yeah..." He said, looking at me like I was insane.

"And, uh, I guess you don't really care, so I'll just go back upstairs.." I said awkwardly as I started up going to my room.

I heard John mumble something as I was on my way but I didn't really care what it was.

I got ready for my date with Danny pretty quickly. Then, I just had to decide what to wear. First I changed into a simple dress, but I decided that looked like I was trying too hard. So instead, I put on some jean shorts and a dressy long sleeved shirt. I decided that that outfit was too casual so I changed into some dark skinny jeans and a plain blueish green cardigan with a white tanktop. I finished the outfit with some white flip flops and smiled at my reflection in the mirror.

I looked at my phone and sighed. Danny wouldn't be here for thirty more minutes. Instead of staying in my room where I would be too tempted to change my outfit again, I started downstairs to find my brother and John eating pizza on the couch. They both looked at me when I entered the room and then focused back on the television. I took a seat on the brown Lazy Boy chair and started watching the Discovery channel with the boys.

"Want some?" Garrett asked mindlessly, referring to the pizza.

"No thanks. I've got a date with Danny." I stated proudly.

"Oh really? Congrats sis." He said as he fist bumped me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

My phone beeped and lit up with a new text from Danny.

"He's outside. See you later." I called as I basically ran out the door.

I caught sight of his red Mazda waiting for me and got excited. I walked up to the car and opened the passenger door. I sat down and turned to face the cute boy next to me. His puppy dog eyes looked more rested than when I had seen him that morning and he was a lot more cleaned up.

"Hey Mill. You look beautiful." He complimented as he leaned over for a hug.

I hugged back to hide the blush creeping up my cheeks. "Thanks Dan."

"So where are we going? Nowhere is as good as restaurant Millie, but I don't want you to worry about the cooking tonight. Your choice." He rambled.

"Hmm...Chinese food sound good?" I asked.

"Haha not what I was expecting, but it sounds alright." He chuckled as he started driving away from my house.

The drive to the restaurant was pretty quiet but once we got there it seemed like we couldn't shut each other up.

"No, the worst time was when we were making out in my car and someone tapped on the window and you thought it was Garrett so you flipped him off-" Danny laughed.

"But it was really my dad! Oh my gosh I was in so much trouble." I giggled as I sucked down another piece of coconut shrimp.

"Ugh, I don't know how you eat that." He grimaced with a chuckle.

"It's delish! You should try some." I urged as I took a piece of the shrimp off my plate.

"No thanks." He declined.

He hated fish with a passion, which I couldn't understand.

"So stuck in your ways..." I sighed.

"Oh, and you aren't?" He teased.

"How am I stuck in my ways?" I gasped.

"Well little miss I'm never cutting my hair, I'd say that's something you're pretty set in."

"I don't look good with short hair!" I cried in defense.

I heard a "Shh" and saw one of the waitresses glaring. Just then my stomach started to turn, and not in the good way. I ignored it for a second but it came back right away.

"Hey Danny, do you think we could go? I just remembered I have something to do..." I lied, not wanting to tell him that I could vomit any second.

"Oh, sure thing. I'll just pay." He said as he stood up.

"Wait, here's my half." I said as I handed out a ten dollar bill.

"Okay, thanks Millie. You can go out to the car if you want." He told me.

I nodded and walked out of the building before getting back into his car.

It took everything I had in me to keep everything down until he pulled up outside my house.

"I had fun tonight. Call me and we'll do it again." He smiled sweetly.

I just nodded before waving and booking it back inside my house. I threw my purse down as soon as I got in the door and sought the nearest bathroom. I finally let everything in my stomach go and curled up in a little ball inside the bathroom. I was shivering in a cold sweat and getting sick from the smell of my own vomit when I heard someone. "Mill?"

"Hm?" I groaned in response to whoever it was.

"You okay?"

I turned and saw John standing in the doorway looking rather uncomfortable. His hands were shoved in his pockets and his usual crooked grin was replace with a concerned purse of his lips. When I didn't answer he walked in closer and placed a hand on my forehead.

"Do you, uh, need something?" He asked.

I shook my head and turned away from him in the fetal position.

I heard him sigh and lean against the wall. "Garrett went to Stacey's and I was just about to leave unless you need some help, which it looks like you do. I know you don't want my help but if you don't tell anyone about this then neither will I. You have my word." He promised as he crouched down to my level.

I looked up at him weakly and nodded my head. He leaned down and scooped me up before carrying me gently to the couch and setting me down. He pulled my cardigan off and laid a blanket over me. Then he pulled the small garbage can in front of me and opened a fresh can of ginger ale.

"Your mom should be back soon so I'll just-"

"Don't go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay comments!

So, if you've read my other story Sweetheart Just Be Real, you might remember the seatbelt part, yeah? Well in the australia update video John tells the guys to put on their seatbelts! Ha!

Haha, well anyway, please comment and subscribe!

At least mow we know that John has a heart