Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

XXXVII

I sat in a plastic chair at the airport about three months after the last time I was here. I was sure that nobody recognized me though, seeing as how nobody stays in an airport for very long.

I was waiting for John to return for Anna and Stephen's wedding. He was my date. He wanted to visit earlier, but since he missed so much work the guys wouldn't let him leave. I pouted for awhile but accepted it because it's his job and it makes him happy, so why should he do it half-heartedly just because of me?

I sat there nervously tapping on my thighs and twirling my hair. I don't know why I was so nervous to see him. It could have been the fact that I'd gained a few pounds over the last few weeks of sampling cakes and caterers and I felt like he would notice, or maybe it was the fact that his plane was late, I don't know. I checked my phone again only to find nothing new. I hated being so worried, but I couldn't help it. It all pointed to me thinking I was going to be stood up.

My fears washed away in a second when I received a text message.

I'm getting off the plane. This is taking forever. You're here, right babe?

I quickly responded to him and sat impatiently waiting. I jumped from my seat when I saw people filing in. I knew that John wouldn't fly first class, and he was probably letting all the women get off before him, so he would probably get out last. I stood there watching until I finally saw who I'd been waiting for. He was wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket with his usual tousled hair. He looked up and instantly locked eyes with me as a wide grin spread across his face. He picked up his pace until he was running to me and scooped me up in his arms.

"I missed you so fucking much." He murmured as his warm cheek pressed against mine and his hand stroked my hair.

"I missed you too. I'm so glad you're back." I replied, wrapping my arms around him tighter.

He let me down and looked me up and down for a long time.

"You look beautiful." He told me.

I blushed and wrapped my arms around my body while shaking my head.

"Shut up." I mumbled.

"Hey! You're gorgeous babydoll and don't you forget it." He told me in a warning tone as he wrapped an arm around me.

We started strolling out when I stopped and looked at him.

"Don't you have bags to get?" I asked.

"Nope." He answered. "I got everything in my carry on. Less money."

"Oh my goodness." I chuckled, rolling my eyes playfully.

We were at the car when John turned to me.

"I really did miss you, Millie." He said seriously as he pulled me close. "I love you."

I grinned and leaned in to kiss him. We'd never been fans of PDA, but screw it, we're in a huge, almost empty parking lot.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine passionately. His hand slid up my arm and then to my jawbone where it stayed as he deepened the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and closed the gap between our bodies as I slipped my tongue into his mouth. I felt him smile before letting out a soft moan as he massaged my tongue with his.

After continuing what we did outside in the car, we pulled away, John driving, and went to my apartment. He didn't know, but I had cooked him a special dinner in celebration of his homecoming. I was so excited that he was home. Or, not home I guess, but with me.

God, I missed my real home so much. I loved Boston at first, but that was when I didn't have John waiting for me at home. I just wanted to be back in Arizona so badly and back with my friends. I had slowly been making arrangements to return home, but John told me that there wasn't a good location to open a restaurant and that I shouldn't settle. He was really passionate about me waiting to get back to Tempe until the time was right.

"Okay, I'm all unpacked and I hung up my suit like you told me, mom." He joked as he walked out to the kitchen and gave me a kiss.

"Good! I don't want my date to be all wrinkled." I teased.

"Well, baby, I'm not what I used to be. These wrinkles are only going to get worse." He smirked.

"Shut up. You know what I meant." I laughed. "Now, take a seat at the table and look what I made you."

He walked into the dining room and let out an excited moan at the steak dinner I had cooked him.

"Oh my God. This is why I love you."

"Oh, this is why?" I asked.

"This is just one of the bazillion reasons." He replied, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I know, cutie pie." I chuckled as we sat down. "So you like it then?"

"Like it? This would be amazing, but now it's even better because I've eaten nothing but plane food the last four hours." He said as he immediately started cutting the steak. "So how's the restaurant?"

"Oh, um, it's alright I guess." I shrugged nervously.

"What's wrong?" He asked with a mouthful of meat.

"Nothing." I responded, shaking my head.

"You know you're going to tell me sooner or later." He rationalized.

"Fine." I sighed, setting my silverware down next to me. "Just promise me that you won't freak out or anything like that."

"I don't not not promise to not freak out." He responded smugly.

"John..." I warned.

"I can't promise what my reaction is gonna be, Mills." He told me.

"Well then I guess I won't tell you." I shrugged.

"Okay! I promise to try to control my reaction. Just tell me."

"Well..." I started. "A few weeks ago I was working late and waiting for all the servers to leave so I could finish some paperwork. And I guess someone forgot to lock the door and..."

"And what?" He asked anxiously.

"I, uh, we got robbed." I admitted.

"You what!?!" He cried as he stood up from the table and started pacing.

"It's not a big deal, John. I'm fine and we didn't lose that much money." I told him, trying to get him to calm down.

"No! It is a big fucking deal! Did he have a gun? You could have been killed. Why wouldn't you tell me this, Millie?" He exclaimed.

"John, it's fine." I said as I stood up and tried to calm him.

"It's not fine, Millie. He could have done anything to you. Why didn't you tell anybody about this?" He asked softly, as if he was almost hurt.

"The guy got caught and I'm fine. I didn't feel the need to announce it to the world." I answered.

"You should have told me. I would have come." He said.

"That's why I didn't tell you." I replied.

"You can't let the band get in the way of us. If you need me you shouldn't be afraid to call me and tell me to get my ass out here. I'm happy to do it, Mills. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week." He told me as he wrapped his arms around me gingerly.

"I know, I just- I'm fine." I assured him.

"If you're sure." He sighed.

"Let's eat."
---------------

"Millie!" I heard from the bathroom.

"What?" I called back.

"I don't know how to tie a tie." He responded.

"Oh goodness." I chuckled as I finished putting my pearl earrings in. "I'm coming."

I walked into the bathroom and saw John fidgeting with his long skinny tie.

"Let me help." I said as I started to tie it for him.

"Thanks, baby. You look...stunning. Anna is going to be mad."

"Why?" I asked as I finished tying.

"Because you're going to be the most beautiful girl in the room." He answered.

"Aw, John. You're so sweet. And you look so handsome. I hope you don't want to stay at the reception too long." I grinned with a wink.

"Not anymore." He smirked before pressing his lips to mine.

I let the kiss go a lot further than it should have and soon I was lying under him on the bed while he tried to take off his jacket.

"John." I panted.

"Hm?" He replied as he sucked my neck.

"We can't do this now. We have to go." I replied in an out of breath voice.

"Let's just skip it." He mumbled as his hands roamed my dress.

"John." I whined.

"Fine." He sighed as he got up, pulling me with him. "Last night just left me wanting more."

"Oh? I think last night left you pretty satisfied." I smirked.

"Where did you learn that stuff?" He asked in a whisper as we left the apartment.

"Cosmo." I replied.

"Who!?" He cried.

"The magazine, John." I chuckled.

"Oh." He said, letting out a sigh of relief. "Well then I'm going to buy you a subscription because last night was incredible. The best sex of my life."

"I aim to please." I grinned as I got in the car.

"And please you did." He replied.

"Just drive." I giggled.

"Alright." He nodded as we started off to the wedding.

The ceremony was beautiful. Anna looked stunning and radiant and Stephen looked like the happiest guy in the world. Nothing went wrong and everything went exactly as planned.

Anna's dress was beautiful. It was pure white and strapless with a lace trim and a small train. Her naturally platinum hair was in an updo that was extremely flattering on her. The little flower girls were adorable and so was the ring barer. I tried my hardest to keep my eyes on the ceremony, but my gaze kept going back John, sitting in a pew in the back. He kept a constant grin on his face throughout the whole wedding. It made my heart speed up every time I glanced at him.

The reception was so much fun too. After all the toasts were made and I had taken a few trips to the open bar, it was time to dance.

Anna and I were breaking it down to Teenage Dream as we sang at the top of our lungs. Stephen and John were watching us and laughing at how ridiculous we were being. He caught my eye and my heart almost stopped at the look he was giving me. It was one of true love and admiration and I could see Stephen looking at Anna the same way.

After the song ended Anna was whisked away by somebody and I was approached by John.

"May I have this dance?" He asked with his arm held out for me.

"You may." I replied just as "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" came on.

He pulled me close to him and wrapped one arm around my waist while holding my hand in his. I rested my head on his chest because I couldn't reach his shoulder, and swayed with him to the music. I couldn't have ended the night in a better way than this.

"Did you have fun?" He whispered as we rocked back and forth.

"Yes." I replied. "I'm so glad you came."

"Me too." He said. "You're still wearing the ring."

"Yeah...I hope you're not mad, I just- it reminds me of you." I told him.

"I'm not mad. I love the way it looks on you." He smiled as he looked at my finger.

"I do too. It's like always having a part of you with me." I grinned.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" He asked.

"Sure." I nodded as I looked around the room.

I said my goodbyes to the newlyweds and left with John. I was a little too tipsy to drive so he took me home.

Once we got back to my place he took me inside and laid me down on the bed before excusing himself and going outside to make a phone call. My jealousy got the best of me and I only assumed the worst, but I was too drunk to do anything about it. Before I knew it I was passed out on the bed in my bridesmaid dress, but not before over hearing John whisper,

"She has no idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh. What's John got up his sleeve?

Sorry for not updating until now.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease comment! I have the right to with hold updates and I'll totally do it! I'll just message the new chapters to the people who comment. Okay, I probably won't go that far but I might!

Comment and subscribe!