Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

XL

Two months later the restaurant was up and running. It was doing really well too. It was the guys' new hang out spot so they attracted a lot of business. I always let them eat free as long as they tipped their server.

I still hadn't told John about the ring either, but he hadn't asked which was weird. I really thought he would have noticed.

"Hey babe, you're not working tonight." Somebody said, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"What are you talking about, John?" I asked as he pulled me away from the counter.

"I want you to go back home and doll yourself up because I've got a surprise for you. Be ready by noon." He grinned.

I knew he had a big surprise for me and it made my stomach turn for three reasons. One, because I was excited to see what he had in store, two because I felt guilty and three because of something else that I was hiding from him.

"Should I pack?" I smirked.

"Nope. I've got it all covered." He winked as he pushed me further out the door.

"Alright, if you say so." I sighed. "Give me a kiss."

He leaned down and gave me a sweet kiss before pushing me in the direction of my car and giving me a slap on the butt.

I giggled and drove home.

The whole time I was getting ready I could only think about losing the ring. How the hell could I have lost it? I'm so freaking stupid. He's going to hate me when he finds out.

I put on a cute, casual dress and did my makeup the way John loved, which was only using a little bit. I curled my long hair and put on some sandals. By the time I looked at my phone it was already noon.

The next thing I knew I was in the car with John traveling down the highway. We'd been driving for over five hours and I had a sneaking suspicion that we were headed towards the beach. This seemed like deja vu.

"Where are we going?" I asked for the billionth time.

"You'll see. We'll be there in about an hour." He grinned as he looked over at me.

"Alright." I nodded. "Oh my God! I know where we're going!"

"Oh, you do?" He asked smugly, trying to throw me off.

"Yep! We're going to San Diego!" I squealed. "I love you so much, John O'Callaghan!"

"I love you too Millie Nickelsen. Soon to be-"

"Soon to be what?" I asked, confused.

"Nothing." He replied, shaking his head.

"Okay." I chuckled. "Oh John this is so sweet. Thank you so much. I might just have to give you something a little special tonight." I said in a sultry voice while raising my eyebrow.

"I think I might like that." He grinned as his cheeks turned red.

I just gave him a peck on the cheek and sat back, enjoying California as it flew by me.

First we went to the zoo, of course. I was just as excited then as I was when I was nineteen. We saw all sorts of animals and talked for hours. We took lots of pictures and looked through our old ones too. It was great.

Then, John took me to the hotel we spent the night at. He even booked us the same exact room.

"I realized I was in love with you here, Millie." He whispered as we laid down.

"I realized you weren't so bad here." I grinned.

"Way to ruin the moment." He chuckled.

"Sorry." I laughed.

He shut me up by pressing his lips to mine and feeling my body with his hands. I felt him touch every single trace of my body before he finally pulled my dress over my head. Of course you can guess what happened next.

We woke up late the next day and went straight to the beach.

We stayed there all day splashing around and swimming before watching the sunset again.

I sat in-between his legs and leaned back onto his chest before letting out a content sigh. My life was finally the way it was supposed to be. Everything was really perfect. Even some things that John didn't know.

"Millie." He breathed.

"Yeah?" I asked.

I gasped as he got up from behind me and bent down on one knee. All other thoughts flew from my mind.

"I... I know I've done this once before so now it probably won't mean as much, but I love you. After spending a whole year without you I can truly say that I don't want to live unless you're with me. You're the funniest, most beautiful, smartest, forgiving, and amazing person I've ever met. You're not perfect. Not by a long shot, but you're perfect for me. You're the only girl I have eyes for and I love you so much. Will you please do me the honor of marrying me?" He asked as he pulled something out of his pocket.

"The ring! Oh my God you have it!" I cried as I saw John holding the lost piece of jewelry.

"Yeah, I took it from you that night you were passed out. So what do you say?" He grinned as he took my hand.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I would love to marry you, John!" I squealed as I tackled him in a hug.

"Good." He smiled before giving me a kiss.

Two Months Later

I never thought I'd be getting married to John O'Callaghan.

I never thought I'd be getting married to him when I was four months pregnant with his baby.

I never thought that after everything that happened, my life would feel so perfect.

So here we are, getting married on our beach in San Diego. All of our closest friends and relatives are here. Anna is my maid of honor and Garrett is John's best man. Everything is just...perfect.

As I walked down the isle in my long flowy gown, I realized that what they say is true. If you wait, good things will come. John and I waited such a long time for someone to come along before we realized that what we'd been searching for was always there.

"Do you, John Cornelius O'Callaghan the fifth take Mildred Lucille Nickelsen to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." He grinned, never taking his eyes off of me.

"And do you, Mildred Lucille Nickelsen take John Cornelius O'Callaghan the fifth to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." I nodded with a huge smile on my face.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. John, you may kiss the bride."

He leaned down and wrapped his arms around me, giving me one of the sweetest kisses I could ever imagine. Everybody cheered and clapped and cried. Everybody was happy for us.

"I love you Mrs. O'Callaghan." He whispered as he pulled away.

"I love you too, Mr. O'Callaghan. Forever and ever. You'll always have my heart cutie pie." I whispered sincerely.

"And you'll always have mine, babydoll."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the greatest chapter ever. I kind of rushed it and I'm sorry.

I hardly got any comments on the last one :/ but thanks to those who did comment!

One more chapter left so comment if you want it tonight. I still don't think you guys will like it but it's original and I love it so too bad haha.

It's going to be so hard to part with this story. This is like my favorite thing that I've ever written :(

Comment and subscribe!