Status: Just Started

Letters to Faith

Waking Up

"Hey" I murmured softly, rubbing his hand with my thumb to soothe him.

"Hi" he sent me a weak smile as he attempted to sit up.

"Oh no you don't. Lay back down, you just had surgery and I'm not letting you move" I warned him.

"So what are you doing here?" He asked in between coughs looking at me confused.

"I got a call from the hospital saying that you were in a car accident" I answered softly. We were both whispering, probably since it would hurt him to talk aloud.

"You didn't have to come" he pointed out.

"Kellan. I left because I loved you, you know that. Its not like I left because I didn't love you" reminding him a shook my head.

"You didn't love me enough to stay" refuting he attempted to sit up again but laid back down when I glared at him.

"So how bad is it?" He asked.

"A dislocated shoulder, broken leg and arm, and a few broken ribss" I admitted.

"I'm fine, I can leave tomorrow right?" He asked smiling, showing his dimples.

"You leave in a week and even then I don't know how you're going to do" I sighed.

Kellan grinned, "you could stay and help me out" he reasoned.

"Kellan, I have a tour in a month and business to get back to in Huntington" muttering I looked away.

"What are you trying to hide from me?" He asked softly, no emotion in his voice.

"Try to get some rest, I'm going to get some coffee and let Jackson and Ashley come see you" I told him.

"Try not to be long, I don't feel like listening to Ashley bitch on that you're here like I know she will" he pleaded.

I didn't make it to the door when Ashley stormed in, sending a glare at me as Jackson followed her and sent me a soft smile.

I called Brian as I walked into the cafeteria to order a coffee.

"Hey, how's your friend?" He asked upfront.

"He's out of surgery, but I shouldn't be home for a few days" I told him as I paid for my coffee.

"You're going to miss your birthday festivities" he whined.

"Babe, it'll be fine. I have to finish up a few things here anyways" assuring him I headed back to Kellan's room.

"Are you sure? I can fly out there for your birthday"

"Bri, I'll be fine. Just have a good time in Vegas for Zee's birthday" I ordered him before hanging up.

"Great news, I'm getting released tomorrow" Kellan announced as I entered his room.

"We get to be room mates again" he added with a grin.

"You just had surgery for multiple broken bones. What the fuck is wrong with you" I hissed.

"See she cares" Jackson pointed out to Ashley, the two of them sitting on the couch.

"I'm thinking that you get to be my nurse, its not like you haven't been stuck watching me with casts on before" he reasoned.

"Kellan, don't do this. You know I care about you but don't put me in this situation" pleading I sat down where I was sitting when he was unconscious.

"Just tell me already that you're dating your ex. That's the only plausible reason you keep refusing to take care of me because we both know where that will lead" he muttered not looking at me, disappointment in his voice.

"Kellan, hun. Don't do this, you know I care about you" I whispered.

"So you'll take care of me. Well at least until you have to leave on tour?" He pleaded.

Sighing I nodded, giving up. "Fine, I'll stay in town to take care of you until I have to leave for tour in January, after that you're stuck with Jackson."

"Why me?" Jackson complained.

"Because I don't trust Ashley cooking" I muttered causing Kellan to laugh but cringe because of his ribs.

"So you're getting released tomorrow?" I made sure.

"Yes, and I get a cool new wheelchair" he made sure.

"Alright then, I'm going to go to the condo and get it safe proof for you on cruches. I'll try to be back before it gets dark so these two can go home" I assured him.

Kellan just nodded grinning at the fact he had managed to get me to stay for the rest of the month.

Now I just had to tell Chloe, who I was sure she wouldn't care since Kellan was a winner when compared to my previous boyfriends. She would have never let me get engaged if she didn't like the guy
♠ ♠ ♠
So this story has ten stars :) I'm a pretty happy person right now so I'm giving you guys three more updates today. As my present to you for getting this story so far it means a lot.