Status: Just Started

Letters to Faith

Safe-proofing

Fixing the town house to be safe for when Kellan would be home was simple. It wasn't the first time he was on crutches and I had learned the first time what he would break on accident.

Brian calling was what started to distract me from moving the things around.

"Hey" he said simply after I finally answered. I knew it wasn't a good thing to avoid telling him that Kellan just happened to be my ex-fiance.

"Hey, how's Pinkly?" I asked trying to find an ice-breaker.

"She's good, she misses her mommy" he laughed causing me to feel guilty. But then again I shouldn't feel guilty, nothing was happening with Kellan and I. I was with Brian and I wasn't going to cheat on him.

"About that, Brian. I'm not going to be home for a while. My friend needs someone to take care of him till the end of the month when Jackson can take over. And in January I have my national tour until March. Babe I'm sorry, I know how excited you were about setting up our christmas tree together this year and everything else about the holidays" I admitted.

"Babe, don't feel bad. There's always next year" he murmured softly.

"Are you sure?" I asked softly.

"Yes, of course. I know we'll be together still. So its fine" he assured me hanging up.

After he hung up I called Josh, now wasn't the time for me to go on tour especially since Brian deserved more from me.

"So I heard Kellan is in the hospital" he chuckled as he answered.

"And you want to cancel the tour to spend time with him and you're finally telling me that you've ended things with that guitarist" he added amused.

"No, I'm asking you to cancel that tour so that I can spend some time with Brian after I ditch him for this month" I hissed.

"And you're ditching him to take care of Kellan, just end things with Brian and stay with Kellan. It's better for you" he pointed out.

"No, its better for you for me to get more publicity for getting back together with Kellan. I'm not getting back together with Kellan and I'm staying with Brian" I ended the conversation.

Sighing he gave in, "Fine, consider your tour cancelled. I'll have Ashley Tisdale fill in for you".

"Great, oh and can you plan me to get back in the studio around April? Thanks josh" I muttered hanging up.

Picking up my purse I left the town house and headed towards the hospital, I knew Kellan wanted to get out of the hospital as soon as possible.

My guessing was right since when I entered his room he was already spinning his wheel chair in circles but he stopped abruptly to see me send him a stern look.

"Ready to go?" I asked chuckling.

"You know it, I just have to sign a few sheets" he murmured following me out of the room and towards the nurse's desk.

"He's been waiting for you to get here all morning, he's been anxious to get out. Here's the prescription for his pain medicine and he needs to come back in two weeks to check how his bones are healing correctly" she instructed as Kellan rushed up to his nurse.

"Thanks" I murmured taking the papers as Kellan signed the release papers.

"Look Kellan, your mom called and said she was getting here tomorrow. She wants to be the one to watch over you" I murmured softly when we arrived in the town house.

"Let me guess, you're ditching me to go celebrate your birthday?" He muttered heading straight to the bedroom.

I sighed before heading after him, I found him in bed already surfing through the channels.

"Look Kellan its not that. Its the fact that we're not engaged anymore and I'm with someone and its not fair for him to spend this holiday alone because you're trying to get me to feel guilty about your accident".

"I'm not trying to get you to feel guilty, would it kill you to spend time with me? Just as friends, I know my boundaries and just because we're not romantically involved doesn't mean you can't be here for me" he reasoned.

"Look, I've cancelled my tour and I have business to finish in january and some of march. I'm not staying in some hotel because I'd rather stay here since we both own this place. So I know you have filming but luckily you don't the first three months of next year." Informing him I crawled on the bed and laid next to him.

He turned slightly and slowly due to his injuries. "Thank you" he murmured softly.

"Don't worry about it, you were there for me even when you were dating someone and I wanted you around. I can do the same" I assured him.

Chuckling he played with my hair before I sat up, "I'm going out to get your medication and pick up some dinner for the two of us. And what ever you do, don't get out of bed" I told him.

"Do you mind picking up Kola? I left her at the dog salon for the week so I could go on that trip" he asked as I put my shoes back on.

"Don't worry about it, and drink that water bottle the doctor said to keep you hydrated" I instructed him while moving the crutches into the closet so he wouldn't try to do anything while I wasn't around.

"You know me too well" he chuckled watching me as I moved them and handed him the control and his cell phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
one down, two to go :)