Status: Just Started

Letters to Faith

You looked me in the eye

I mentally curse myself for wanting to have my music loud, cursing myself even more for having the decency to play Afterlife; which in result got me the attention that I didn’t want.

“Shit” I muttered under my breath as I noticed Zack coming out of his parents house, I took my phone out and pressed it against my ear as I slid my sunglasses down onto my face and lowered my head quickly and walked quickly towards the front door.

I heard him call my name multiple times as I made my strides longer as I practically ran into my house and closed the door behind me.

“What’s the rush?” my mom asked chuckling seeing me run into the house.

Not even a minute after I got into my house the doorbell rang,

“Mom, please don’t say that I’m home” I begged quickly

“Faith, it’s not anyone dangerous, it’s only Zack. You two are best friends” she pointed out as she walked towards the door.

“Mom, please?” I begged.

She sent me a look, “Faith, act you age” she told me.

“Mom, please” I asked one last final time.

Sighing she nodded as she opened the door, I didn’t bother to wait to hear anything that
happened as I made another dash towards my room.

I waited for about an hour in my room unpacking quietly, I could hear everyone downstairs.

Waiting until they all went out to the backyard so I could get out of the house.

I didn’t care if I seem childish hiding in my room, I didn’t want to deal with him of all people.

People say that falling in love with your best friend ruins things; I never bothered to listen to the saying until it happened. Not until I realized that I was in love with my best friend did I

realize how dysfunctional my life was.

I was dating one of the best guys I had ever met, he was incredible. Yet I wasn’t happy with him, I was at first but after starting to notice how much happier I was when I was with Zack the relationship went down the drain. Finally ending things when I found out he had cheated on me.

Thus all resulting in me leaving for college at NYU and accepting the offer to go on tour and make a debut album. Knowing that it would postpone me having to return home any time
soon.

Slowly I made my way downstairs with my keys in hand. I had one chance to make it to my car and get out of the drive way.

Once I made it out of the house I looked back quickly before getting in my car and driving away as I sent my mom a text message that I would go home later.

I headed towards the beach, always being relaxing for me. And it gave me time to write new songs since Josh was adamant to me going on tour in a few months, which now didn’t seem that bad.

Finally making it to the beach was somewhat relaxing, I just sat there in the car for a while before deciding what I was next doing. Grabbing spare notebook and pen I headed towards the shore.

For a weekday it wasn’t very crowded, barely at all if you could say. Then again, most of the time the only crowd was made up of all students in high school.

Casually I made my way to a spot I always used to go to; it was near the pier but still out on the open sun. My skin needed some sunlight; you could tell that New York hadn’t been getting a lot of sun just by looking at my skin color.

Spending a few hours on the sand was relaxing, feeling the heat from the sun and soft breeze of the waves creating some wind.

After finishing two songs I started thinking of how childish I had been for running away from home, well more specifically from Zack. I should have just gotten it over with.

Putting my notebook away I got hit with piece of plastic on my head. I muttered a few profanities before picking it up only to have a white dog jump in my lap.

I smiled remembering the familiar dog.

“Pinkly leave her alone” a familiar voice called out as the dog started playing and yapping around me causing me to laugh.

“Pinkly come here” I laughed patting the dog softly.

“Hey sorry about the frisbee, she was supposed to catch it” he said getting closer.

I had run away from Zack earlier, and I knew I had to suck it up and deal with my past. This
was what you get when you run away from your past. Karma comes back and makes you pay for it.

I stood up with Pinkly still wagging her tail at me as I looked up at Brian who had walked up to me.

Both of us making eye contact only caused him to keep a straight face as he looked at me.

“Faith? You’re back in Huntington Beach?” He asked confused.

I nodded, not breaking our eye contact.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Next chapter will come out after I get five comments.