Status: Just Started

Letters to Faith

Thousand Roses

“Faith is there a reason that there were a few thousand roses delivered to our apartment?” Chloe asked as I arrived home from the gym. I had been avoiding Brian like the plague since our conversation that had brought up old feelings on our ending.

Chloe had been my best friend since high school, we were practically sisters. But since she went to private school she never really got to be good friends with the guys.

“They’re probably for you” I told her as I got the things out to make a salad.

“Unless my name changed overnight to Faith, then they’re for you” she assured me.

“Who are they from?” I asked her as I entered the living room with my salad. To see the entire room covered in roses.

She made a face of disgust as she read the letter, “Ew, it’s from Brian”.

“Just burn them all” I muttered.

Laughing she sent me a look; “What did he do this time?” she asked.

I shook my head; “Doesn’t matter. Just get rid of them somehow please?” I asked her.

Nodding she agreed, “Don’t worry, it’ll be gone by the time you come back from the studio” she promised.

“Thanks” I murmured.

“So are the plans for turkey day?” she asked.

“They want me to be in the Macy’s parade” I informed her.

“Does your mom know?” she inquired.

Sighing I frowned; “No, I’m thinking of turning down the offer” I admitted.

“Well whatever you think is best; now if you excuse me. I have a lunch date with a cutie who works at Starbucks part time while working at some design company” Chloe said grinning.

“Use protection” I told her smirking as she walked off.

“I’ll plan on it” she assured me as she walked out.

Quickly finishing my salad I put the plate in the dishwasher before heading back to my room to catch up on some sleep. Even though it was only one in the afternoon I was tired from pulling all nighters on songs that I couldn’t manage to finish.

Just as I finished changing into sweat pants and a tank top there was a knock on my door, I had the luck of always having somebody interrupt me when I wanted to be able to sleep.
I got my phone out as I headed towards the front door; I checked my text messages as I opened the front door.

“You’ve been avoiding almost half of the band; what’s wrong?” Jimmy asked walking into my apartment.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I said simply as I locked the door behind me.

“I’m guessing Brian sent those flowers?” he asked.

Nodding I gave him his answer, “What happened between you two?” he seemed worried.

“Just the past brought up” I murmured.

“Give him his chance; I’m not here to say that it’s ok what he did all those years ago. But he means well this time”.

Shaking my head I sighed, “I don’t want to go through this again, once a cheater always a cheater” I muttered.

Jimmy groaned in frustration; “Will you two get over it! My fucking god, he cheated you ran. You both have things not to be able to trust each other on. But unless you’ve noticed he’s changed, and for the better. After you left he became a drunken mess who just slept with girls and not cared about their feelings”.

Looking at him; “You think this easy for me? He’s not the only reason I left this place in the beginning. Did you forget how Zack never gave me a glance as just more than his best friend? But after having Brian cheat on me I realized I would never be good enough for either of them! Why else would Zack never glance at me like that? Why would Brian have even cheated in the first place? Because I’m not fucking good enough for either of them” I spat with tears threatening to spill.

He got up, pulling me into a hug. “Faith, believe me when I say that it’s the other way around. They’re not fucking good enough for you” he murmured as my tears spilled.

“They don’t even deserve these tears that you’re crying for them” he added softly.

“Now, what do you say about going with me go kart racing?”

“I’ll take that offer up another day; but you’re speech helped me thanks” I told him as I got my car keys from the counter.

“Where are you going?” he asked confused.

“Something I should have done the first place” I admitted getting a jacket and walking out of the apartment. I knew Jimmy would lock up behind him.

As I parked outside his house, I knew I had to do this now. If I didn’t I would regret it for the rest of my life.