Status: Comments = Updates :)

Your house is my prison and nobody can save me.

Twenty Four.

Tour was going great. Not only had Chris settled in perfectly but the band was doing good.

Watching from afar, it seemed like everything was perfect. Standing in the middle of it all, it was.

But perfection never lasts. And soon, Alex realised this.

People were crowding around something in the middle of the parking lot. Being the nosey person he is, he pushed forward to see what was going on. Boy, did he regret doing that.

Lying on the road was Chris. Damn, was she bruised. It looked like she’d been hit by a car and the likelihood of that being true were high. Blood seeped from her head and pooled on the ground. The slight raises of her chest showed she was still alive but for who long, no one knew.

“Oh my god, Chris!” Alex shouted, running over to the limp form of his girlfriend.

“Lex, the ambulance is coming. She’ll be fine.” Rian said, placing a reassuring hand on his band mate’s shoulder.

Tears rolled down the younger boy’s face as he shook his head, staring in disbelief at Chris.

“How could this happen? Everything was running smoothly. Everything was FINE! Someone just had to mess it up and - ”

The loud wailing of sirens pulled Alex from his rant. The crowd dispersed as the vehicle pulled in.

“Son, are you related to her?”

“No, I’m her boyfriend though. Can I go with her in the ambulance?”

The paramedics nodded and allowed Alex to ride with them.

The next few hours passed like a blur for the whole band. Everyone was there, but not really there. The sparkle was missing from their eyes.

“What if she doesn’t make it?” Jack whispered to Zack. Both boys had their heads bowed towards each other to stop Alex from overhearing their not-so-optimistic conversation.

“She will, Jack.” Their attempts were useless when Alex answered his best friend’s question.

“How can you be so sure? She’s been in surgery for hours, Alex. She was barely breathing when they got there.” Jack exclaimed.

“I just know.” Alex whispered, tears running down his face.

Jack stood quickly and walked towards Alex, he wrapped his arms around him and held him close. “I’m sorry. I’m being a dick. I’m just … Worried.”

“About who? Me or Chris? Because I’m pretty damn worried about my girlfriend.”

“It’s going to sound mean. But Alex, I’m more worried about you. You’ve been my best friend for years, it tears me apart to see you this torn up. I love you, bro. And seeing you hurt hurts me. It hurts me.”

“I-I … I don’t know what I’d do if I lost her. I know we haven’t known her long. But I love her. So much. She just lit up a room whenever she walked in. I don’t know if I could cope without her. I-”

“Mr Gaskarth? I have some news on Christina.”

Alex looked up at the doctor who’d been treating Chris. His face was grim and it didn’t reassure Alex in the slightest.

“W-What is it?” He said quietly, suddenly dreading what the professional had to say.

“I’m sorry sir, but Christina didn’t make it. She had an underlying condition which no one knew about. She had, had a heart transplant and the force of the accident had caused some problems from within and she had extreme internal bleeding. I’m terribly sorry for your loss.” The doctor sent a weak smile in the band’s direction and walked off leaving the four band members in various states of shock and confusion.

“She’s … she can’t be gone.” Alex whispered, mainly to himself but everyone else heard.

Jack sat, staring blankly at a wall. If he was honest with himself, he cared about Chris but he wasn’t worried about her death, he was scared for the reaction it would have on his best friend. Call him selfish, but Alex was ten times more important to him that any girl.

Zack stood quickly. Tears poured from his eyes which shocked his friends. This was the most emotion that he’d ever show. He sobbed and covered his face with his hands before running outside with Rian right behind him.

“Zack, wait!” Rian shouted. He was sad, very much so. But it was his job as the most mature to look after his friends. And that was exactly what he was doing. His own emotions could wait.

Alex wasn’t sure how to react. He felt numb. He didn’t want to believe that the girl he had fallen in love with was really dead. It just didn’t seem real to him.

“Come on, Alex. You need to sleep. It’s over now.” Jack said, trying to be reassuring.

“You’re right. It’s over. Everything is finished. What the hell am I going to do? She’s gone. She’s never coming back. She’s gone forever. I love her, Jack. What am I suppose to do now?” Tears ran like rivers down the singer’s face.

“I don’t know, Lex. I don’t know.” A watery smile was on his face. He didn’t know what to say to make things better for his best friend.

But for Alex, nothing could make things better. The world was grey.

Nothing was ever going to be the same. Everything was over. It was done. The love of his life had disappeared. The candle going out in his heart.

Alex felt numb. He didn’t know if he would ever feel anything again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I forgot to mention that this is the last chapter in the before chapter. Sorry :/
Yes, it is a horrible and quick ending and you probably all hate me for it and for that, I'm sorry.
But apart from the dreadful ending, I hope you like it.
Um, I might do an epilogue. Probably will. Tell me if you want one or not (:
There isn't going a sequel as well, she dies. How am I going to continue that, yeah?
So, goodbye for now. I may begin another story. Maybe not. Most likely though.
Check out a one shot I wrote (:
Check out my tumblr?
Much love x