Status: Active - slow but still plan to update/finish

Have You Ever Really Danced On the Edge?

Nineteen

(Third Person POV)

The Pierce the Veil boys picked up easily on Vic's mood – but didn't know where it was coming from, really. The origins of Vic's unhappiness were unknown, but that didn't make them anymore unconcerned.

Vic was hardly speaking to anyone, hardly eating anything, and hardly sleeping. Mike could hear Vic shuffle his way into the kitchen every night for a week at the same time: 3 AM. It was taking its toll on everyone, truly.

It was a Thursday and all of Pierce the Veil was sitting around, playing Mortal Kombat. Tony and Mike were busying playing when Jaime took the chance to put his small plan into action (as discussed and planned by him and his girlfriend).

"Hey, so Vic… how is everything going, man?" Jaime asked sounding genuinely concerned.

Vic was a little taken aback by the weight of the question so instead answered lightly, "I'm fine, man."

Jaime rolled his eyes and continued to press, "No I mean, really – how is everything going?"

"…I don't know what you're trying to get at," Vic dances around the discussion. Truth was, he knew exactly what Jaime meant. Anna. Fucking Annabel Morrison. Truth was, Vic missed her. He didn't mean to, it just happened. She was fun – sure, she had bad taste in boyfriends – but she made his world… complete. It all made sense when she was involved in his daily routine.

It was cheesy, and Vic would never say that out loud, but it was so true.

The bassist scoffs, "Don't make this harder on yourself."

"Yeah, I know Jaime. I think about her everyday. I want to yell at her and kiss her at the same time. It's a little confusing." The vocalist gushes.

"I understand," Jaime agrees, "But have you ever thought about just… talking to her about it? I feel like just letting it go isn't helping any progress."

Vic freezes, "I don’t know. Sometimes it doesn't feel that easy."

Jaime shrugs, "It's only as easy as you make it."

- - -

"Just say you like him, you know you do!" Taylor was pestering her younger sister about the man of her dreams (aka Vic).

"Taylor, I am done with boys. Vic is a really nice boy, but… I'm not ready to get involved right now. I need a break to recuperate." Anna is rubbing her temple – the girls have only been talking about this for the past hour. It was starting to give her a migraine.

"Oh, come on!"

"Taylor. Stop. You're really annoying me. I will do what I want. And, maybe if I decide to give boys a chance again, maybe I will go for Vic. I don't know. I think we'll always have an attraction to each other – but I'm not ready. I'm still kind of stung from Brandon yet."

Taylor sighs, "Okay. I'm sorry. I know, I won't push it any further."

Anna smiles, although it is very small. "Thank you, Tay. I love you."

- - -

"Come on, Vic! You got this, you have the biggest arm muscles I've ever seen!" Mike peps Vic. He's about to go ask Anna on a super cute date to help her become happier. He thought she deserved a fun day.

Vic jokingly flexes in front of the mirror as Mike makes astonished faces. It was quite the photo op. "Damn right I do…" he smiles encouragingly at himself in the mirror, hoping it helps his nerve.

Pretty soon, the boys of his band are shoving him out the door. "Good luck, my man!" Tony cheers. Vic just flips them all off and hops in his car.

When he arrives to her apartment, he says a quick prayer – and that says a lot, seeing as he hasn't prayed since he was a little boy.

Ringing the doorbell sends her to the door.

"Anna," he says when she opens it up slowly.

"Hi Vic," Anna responds and smiles softly. "Can I help you with something?"

"Actually, yes, you can. I want… I want to take you out on a date. And before you say no, it doesn't have to be like… intense or exclusive or anything. I just want to hang out. I think you deserve to have fun. Because… I know it's been hard with… that… dick." Vic hesitates because Anna visibly cringes at the upbringing of Brandon.

Anna looks away quickly then back at Vic. He sees the remorse in her eyes and – FUCK, he doesn't want it to come but it is – the rejection. "Vic… I know I owe you the biggest apology ever. I know you deserve to get a yes, but I can't. I'm really sorry. I just need some time to myself. I hope you understand –"

"—I do!" Vic says quickly.

"—Thank you," Anna looks down, and Vic swears he can hear her sniffle. "Don't hate me."

"I don't," In his head he says 'I could never.' He wants to say it, but that might complicate this situation further. "Well, when you feel up to it, I will buy you ice cream. Okay? I want you to be happy."

"Wow," She muses, "You're so nice, Vic. I don't deserve your friendship, your loyalty… thank you. I will keep that in mind."

Vic smiles genuinely for the first time… in a week, at least. He feels pleased because even though it was a no, it was like a temporary no. He could feel the animosity they once had for each other just fade away. "You're welcome," He says simply.

"I'll see you," Anna says and smiles back. It was like magic. The boy gives a small wave before the girl closes the door. As soon as the door clicks shut, Anna slides into a sitting position in front of it.

She should have said yes, but she couldn't. She couldn't lead Vic on like that again. All she needed was time then she promised herself she would go on all the dates she wanted with him.

Vic turned around back toward his car. All that was going through his head was, 'I'm going to win this girl over.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! I am the updating Queen this weekend! (In case you didn't know, I updated this beast today as well! Go check it out if you want! Don't forget to comment / subscribe :)

COMING SOON : My Little Decoy featuring Pete Wentz
Go check it out and let me know if you think it looks interesting :)

THANKS TO ALL THE COMMENTERS THIS CHAPTER! chapter twenty is your shout-outs, promise. (I SWEAR!!! I won't forget.)

...How did you like the third person? Okay? What do you think about Vic/Anna now?

(Edit: And, dear friends, if you're feeling brave... riddle me this! Click! It's from my Tumblr.... so get at me!)