Status: Active - slow but still plan to update/finish

Have You Ever Really Danced On the Edge?

Twenty

I saw it, scrolling mindlessly on my laptop. My voice caught in my throat. Brandon and his new girlfriend were FaceBook official. Her name was Tara and she was gorgeous. She was a few years older than us, so she was about 20 years old. She was blonde. Her stomach was flatter. Her teeth were whiter.

It felt real now, that we were broken up. He had moved on. And what had I done? Well, I've eaten a lot of ice cream, cried a little bit, and watched a few movies. But other than that… nothing.

I thought of Vic. Was this a sign that I should accept his date? I wondered how long he'd wait. Hopefully, he'd wait a little longer. I wasn't ready yet.

My heart was so mad at my brain for wanting to wait. My heart was ready to jump into another relationship but my brain knew my heart was honestly on a roller coaster with these two boys.

"What's up?" Vic plops on my bed unexpectedly.

"Ah!" I shriek, not expecting a guest interrupting my thoughts. "Hi Vic."

He chuckles, "Oops, sorry about scaring you. What are you doing?" Vic turns the computer screen toward him to see what I was doing. It was still on Brandon's new girlfriend's profile.

"Tara Thompson… ooh, she's cute." Vic squints at the screen, trying to get a better look to see if his observation was solid.

"Ew," I snap, "That's Brandon's new girlfriend."

"That tramp! Whore! She's so trashy, I can't even take it!" Vic backtracks. He does it so quickly I just have to laugh.

"You are my favorite ever," I comment and this earns me a smile.

"Good." He pauses, contemplating his next move. "So when did you officially break-up?"

I sighed, trying to think. I remember Laura's phone call. "About a month ago."

"What?" Vic actually sounds really surprised. "I never knew! Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because we just made up! And then, we were fighting again. I couldn't bear the thought of you being right about him. I really wanted it to be better. But he had to go and ruin it!" My voice is starting to sound strained and tight with tears but I try to ignore it.

Vic notices and says softly, touching my knee. "Hey, it's okay. You're definitely better off without him. I promise. And I knew would have rubbed it in your face, especially if you were really upset. Maybe once but that would the only time!"

I look at him blankly. His answer obviously not good enough.

"But only once," he commends.

I laugh, "whatever. It's over. We're good now and that's the only things that matters, right?"

"Right," He agrees. "But I mean it. We're officially good now. I'm not holding against you. And you shouldn’t hold anything against me."

I smile, "A clean slate sounds really nice. Are Jaime and Taylor still fighting?"

Vic shrugs, "A little. It's just tough because I think the honeymoon feeling is fading a bit. Which is completely normal, I think. I don’t think they'll break up over anything."

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused. What is there to fight over?

"Nothing serious, I mean, nothing like jealousy or anything. Taylor thinks Jaime could be neater, like more organized and Jaime thinks Taylor nags too much. They're find compromise, they're too serious to break up over silly habits like that, you know?"

"Taylor does nag… a little… a lot…"

"Tell me about it," Vic mumbles.

We high-five in agreement, grinning. Things were looking up.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is short. And stupid. It's only a gateway for bigger and better things to happen, anyway. But alas, I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly have missed everything about this story and you guys! Please love me even though you want to hate me for making you wait.

COMMENTS? PLEASE?