Status: ~Finished~

Toy Soldiers

Give him some extra space

:Skinner's View:

Tonight was going to be pretty fun. It was the night of the All-Star Fantasy Draft. Team Staal versus Team Lidstrom. When we arrived people were interviewing us left and right. There was one question I kept hearing. "Jeff do you think you will be picked tonight, and if you are who would you want to pick you?" "Of course I want Eric to pick me for his team, that is if a rookie even gets picked for the game. There are so many good players out there, I don't wanna think I will get picked over anyone who has been in the league longer just because Eric is my team mate.Eric will pick certain people to create the best team he can, and I know he wants to win. If he doesn't pick me it won't hurt my feelings because I know not many rookies will be picked for teams tonight. Honestly, whatever happens tonight happens, I am just happy to be here."
The rounds are pretty predictable. Of course first Eric picked Cam. He is a good goalie plus he is Eric's boy. Eric also had to take care of his family by taking his brother Marc. Round 10 all goalies are gone. Moving into round 11, Eric's pick. "It would be weird not having him sit beside me, so we're gonna go with from the Carolina Hurricanes, Jeff Skinner." I couldn't believe Eric picked me. I just told myself smile and don't fall going up the stairs. "Now did you lobby Eric the way Cam Ward lobbied Eric?" "Uh I don't know how Cam, uh, lobbied him. I know I sit beside him in the locker room and sometimes I give him a little extra space just in case he needs it so hopefully I guess it worked." "It worked out. Congratulations Jeff Skinner." "Thank You."
Draft is over, so many interviews I think I will die of talking too much. I have been asked the same thing like 50 times today. I swear people should just listen when I answer the question they all wanna hear the first time I answer it. I don't wanna sound rude or anything, but sometimes answering the same thing, saying or doing the same things a lot annoys me.The media is my biggest enemy because they rarely leave me alone. Sometimes the NHL feels like a battlefield of so many different things, including the media, and all us players are like it's toy soldiers.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a story that I started writing about my newest crush, Jeff Skinner. I quickly came up with the title so if you have any ideas on a different title let me know and I may consider yours to become the new title. Also I have a picture for the story but it wouldn't work when I tried to create a layout so I put it on my profile. Let me know what you think.
Comment.Rate.Subscribe