Status: ~Finished~

Toy Soldiers

Time Apart

Leah's view:
"This isn't Staal's fault!" "Why isn't it? You wouldn't have found out if he hadn't told you!" Jeff had pulled over so we weren't arguing while he was driving. "He was looking out for me, he didn't want to see me hurt!" "Neither did I that's why I was gonna have you go back to Colorado!" "Well congratulations you are getting what you wanted!" We were silent for the next half hour. He was still sitting next to me. We didn't look at each other at all. I was afraid of what would happen next. I love Jeff and I know he loves me. I hate fighting with him because it rarely happens, this time it was bad. I don't want to away from him because I was for so long, but if we need time apart so we can get over this then maybe it has to happen.

"Leah?" "Yes, Jeff?" "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get angry, and it's not Eric's fault. I take all the blame, it was my decision to make up that stupid plan to try and protect you." "I accept the apology." "So what happens now." "Why?" "What?" "Why did you want to break up with me? You know we could have gotten over this on our own." "I know I just wasn't thinking and I made a stupid decision." "Next time, think first." "I will, for sure." He put his arm around me. This is going to be hard. Tears already started to form in my eyes. "But maybe we should take some time apart for a while, to get over this." "What? Leah remember last time?" "I know but-" "Come here." He pulled me in for a hug and tried to calm me down. This is why I can't leave him, he knows how to make me feel better when I am sad. "Please don't cry. I don't like it when you cry. Makes me sad." "I'm sorry, but I can't look at you without knowing what you wanted to do. You told me you would never hurt me again after you left for Kitchener." "Like I said I wasn't thinking." "I know but, I think it would be best if we spent some time apart."

~One hour later~

The plane landed and a car would be at the airport to get me. "Tell Matt I say get better quick, we play Colorado soon and I wanna face him." "i will." I got off the plane, but Jeff didn't he was going back to Carolina, he agreed we needed time apart. I started crying and so did he. "I hate you, you know that right Le-Le?" "Why is that Biebs?" "You always know how to make me cry." "Sorry about that. So I will see you when the 'Canes come to Denver?" "Yes, yes you will." "Okay, I gotta go see Matt, I will tell him you say hi and get well soon." "Okay thanks." He went to kiss me and I was going to turn my head, so he didn't kiss me on the lips. I didn't have to thought because he kissed my cheek and let go of my hands. That was the sign telling me it was going to be okay after we spend time apart. "Goodbye." "Goodbye Jeff."

I got to the hospital and almost ran inside. "Hello miss how may I help you?" "Yes, um my brother is here and I came to visit him." "Okay. Are you Leah Duchene?" "Yes, that's me." "Okay Matt is in room 9." "Okay thank you." "I can't believe they actually gave you room 9. They really know their avalanche facts." "Leah! What are you doing here?" "Really you have to ask?" "True. the doctor told you? Look I am sorry, I wasn't thinking at practice and trust me you aren't the only one who is mad at me. Galiardi gave me a good talking to, mostly saying how you were going to kill me when you saw me." "Well I am just glad you are okay. You know next time you might not get another chance. This stuff is serious Matt, it's happened twice now. That isn't good." "I know Leah, trust me I have learned my lesson. Where is Jeff?" "He is going back to Carolina." "Why?" "We had a fight, long story short he made a plan to do something then he didn't do it and I found out. We need time apart." "Leah I am sorry." "It's okay, I am fine."

"Um, excuse me miss visiting hours are ending in 10 minutes." "Oh,okay thank you." "Where am I going to go?" "My house I will have Smith come get you." "I'm sorry, who?" "Dalton Smith,he is a rookie who we got from Columbus,we called him to help us out,he is living with me.He is 18 just like you so I am sure you guys have a lot in common." "Okay." ~25 minutes later~

"Hey are you Leah?" "Yeah are you Dalton?" "Yupp that's me. You ready to go?" "Yeah." "So how is he? Will he be playing anytime soon?" "I don't really know how he is doing, but I am sure he will be back soon." "Okay that's good." We got out into the parking lot and walked to his car. One thing Matt left out about Dalton is that he is really cute, but if Matt would have told me that I might have been shocked for a minute or two. Dalton is nice too. He opened my car door for me and yet he hasn't even known me for 20 minutes yet. While I was away from Jeff maybe something could cheer me up.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I introduced a new guy that comes into Leah's life. Dalton Smith. He plays for Columbus but I say that he is acquired by Colorado because I needed a cute guy that was a rookie so I chose him. So I decided to add him into the story. hope you guys like it so far. What will happen between Leah and Dalton???

Dalton Smith-http://cdn.nhl.com/bluejackets/images/upload/2010/07/smith.jpg