We're Only Liars, but We're the Best!

one and only

She whispered “I love you.”
As he looked at her shocked, then she kissed him. He did not return it. When she pulled back she asked what was wrong to which he replied “I don’t love you, I love.”
And before he could finish his sentence her brother walked in.
“Hey Joe.” she said to her brother
He nodded and stared at Patrick next to his sister and asked what he just walked in on , then Patrick said,
“I was just about to tell your sister who I was in love with instead of her.”
He paused for a moment then lied “Janet I do not love you, I think I am in love with your brother! But Janet I know for a fact that Pete is in head over fucking heels in love with you. Hell he never shuts the fuck up about how much he loves you.” then she looked up at Patrick and said,
“I really did feel I loved you, but if this is what you want, I respect your decision and I hope no I wish you all the luck in the world” and with that she left the room to go to her bedroom.
“So.” Patrick said to try to start some kind of conversation with Joe.
“Do you really love me, Patrick?” Joe said “Yea.” said Patrick.
Joe then walked over to where Patrick was sitting then bent over and kissed him. They just made out there for about five minutes, when all of a sudden a gun shot rang through the house. They sat there stunned for a few seconds, and then all of a sudden Joe went running to Janet’s room with Patrick close behind. Joe abruptly stopped causing Patrick to run into him. Patrick muttered “sorry” then noticed that the wall just in front of Joe was covered in blood and bits of brain and skull, then he noticed the broken body of Janet on the floor and Patrick couldn’t help but think how much she looked like a sleeping angel on the floor, then a thought he never thought he would have thought popped into his head: Maybe he did love her…but now it was too late to change his mind, she was gone. He mentally kicked himself as he stood there watching Joe hold his sister’s lifeless body as he dialed 911 on his cell phone. Then Patrick picked up Janet’s gun, muttered “I’m sorry” to Joe and ended his life just as Janet had.
Everything was dark except for a bright light to his left so he stood up and began walking towards it, as he neared it he noticed a figure waiting at the end. He thought about why the figure was waiting… “Was it waiting for him?” And “who was it?” But those thoughts were quickly cleared when he was close enough to see that the figure waiting for him was Janet. He ran to her and embraced her into the biggest hug he could muster without crushing her.
“Patrick?” she said “What the hell are you doing here?”
“Janet I realized I did love you when I saw your lifeless body on the floor, then I came to a quick conclusion: I can’t live without you.” he said as he kissed her very passionately on the lips which was returned just as passionately. Then they turned to walk in to the light to spend an eternity of who-knows-what together, but not before Patrick told Janet he loved her.