All Time Trouble

Speechless, Nearly Breathless

“Wait before you continue with what you were saying, let me turn a light on, cause they shut it off when they left.” I said feeling around for the light switch. I found it and flipped it up, then I turned to look at Zack.

“Sorry, you were saying?”

“Kayden, I-” he started again when I heard Jack and Jayde’s voices muttering from outside and I heard a scratchy noise, which gave away that they were leaning their heads on the door trying to listen.

“Hold that thought,” I said and was about to bang my hands on the door, but Zack put his hands over mine and turned me towards him.

“No. No more waiting, I’m tired of having to hold my thoughts when it comes to you, and when it’s something as important as this.” he said.

“But they’re li-”

“Let them listen, they know what I’m about to tell you. Well, Jayde knows, but anyway that’s beside the point,”

“Zack, if this is something important I don’t want them eavesdr-”

“Kayden, I love you.” he said interrupting me, and I heard small whispers then silence from the other side of the door.

“...W-what?” I stuttered because I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“I love you.” Zack repeated.

“You’re joking,” I said looking at Zack, whom was looking back at me with such a serious expression that I never really saw in my entire life ever since I met him.

“Why would I ever joke about something like this.” And that wasn’t a question, he was stating a fact.

“I-I don’t know, I couldn’t think of anything else to say, and I didn’t think this moment would happen like this to be honest,” I said the last part with a nervous chuckle.

“What do you mean?”

“Well... this isn’t really how I pictured you telling me you love me.” I said turning my head but it was to no prevail, I was blushing profusely.

“Me either actually. But since we were kinda LOCKED IN A CLOSET,” Zack said loud enough for everyone on the other side of the door to hear, and I giggled a bit.

“I kinda had to tell you now,” he finished his sentence from before. I just smiled and hugged him. I heard more whispers from the other side of the door but I just ignored them as I stood there hugging Zack.

“...Kayden?”

“Hmm?” I asked leaning my head on his shoulder.

“...Do you love me back?”

‘Here it is,’ I thought. ‘the moment of truth.’

“Kayden,” Zack said when I didn’t answer. I breathed a bit to make sure my voice didn’t crake when I spoke.

“More than you can imagine.” I whispered and I felt Zack’s grip on me tighten comfortably and we stood there continuing to hug. After a couple minutes I let out a deep sigh.

“What?” Zack asked softly.

“Nothing, just wondering when we’re getting out of here, you guys gotta be onstage soon.” I said. By now we were leaning on the wall opposite the door, waiting for it to open so we could get out of the venue’s supply closet.

“I was thinking the same thing.” He said with a little laugh. Just then I heard a new voice on the other side of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the shortness of this chapter, next one will be much longer. I hope you liked it. Please comment and subscribe :)