All Time Trouble

Secrets and Surprises

So Kayden and I decided to tag along with the guys for their first tour which means that Kayden and I are going to miss some of our senior year of high school. Thank you so much for being good role models for us and showing that it's okay to have a possibility of not graduating. That was dramatic but oh well. At least I got my point across. I hope. Wait, why am I still talking to myself?

My thoughts were interrupted when someone started waving their hands in front of my face in a frantic motion. I looked at the person with annoyance and flicked them in the forehead.

"Ow! What was that for?" Rian whined as he rubbed his forehead that was now red.

"Can't you see that I'm trying to think?" I bitched back and he just rolled his brown eyes at me. "Why did you just do that?" I asked.

"Because you only look this concentrated is when you're plotting a revenge on one of us." he simply answered and I furrowed my eyebrows at his response.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded. "Because I was just thinking how Kayden and I could not even get the chance to graduate because of the tour, nothing major." I said with a shrug.

"How can you say that this is nothing major? This is your future." Rian argued and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Are you trying to talk me out of going on tour with you guys?" I asked puzzled and he started shaking his head. "Then stop talking about it because I've already made my decision. Plus I want to be All Time Low number one fan. Well one of two number one fans, and I want to see you take over that stage and brake all of the bitches' hearts!" I ended theatrically as I stood up and put my hand over my heart than started bowing to the only person in the room who started clapping.

"Nice!" Rian exclaimed as he hugged me and then looked around the empty room. "Um, where's everyone?" he asked.

"I was about to ask the same question. Let's check the basement." I said walking down the hall and down the stairs to find everyone sprawled over the different parts of the room.

"Thanks for leaving us all alone guys, for all you know she could've killed me." Rian said pointing at me and I just bit his finger. "Or she could've eaten me." he mumbled causing me to giggle.

"What are you talking about? Jayde would never do anything like this. It's like you don't know her." Jack defended me and then sent me two thumbs up at which I had to laugh.

"Anyway," Alex interjected before we could all start arguing. He was sitting on the couch next to Kayden who was sitting next to Zack. "I'm really glad you two decided to come with us." he smiled and I awed.

"Of course you are, where else are you gonna find such good looking merch girls?" I teased and he just stuck his tongue out at me.

'Don't show it unless you're planning to use it' I thought to myself with a chuckle but no one noticed. As usual, because why would someone as funny, smart, and gorgeous as Alex Gaskarth would be even slightly interested in his best friend's little sister? I don't know the answer to that question and I try not to dwell on it.

"Are you okay?" Jack asked me about twenty minutes later while everyone was partying I was sitting on the couch all alone and now even my brother pitied me. How lame is that?!

"Yeah, Jackie, I'm fine." I faked a smile but of course he knew me better than that.

"Jayde, you know you can tell me anything, right?" he asked looking down on me and I just nodded but refused to give into his antics.

“Yes, Jackie, I know, but if you don’t mind, I would like to have some privacy when it comes to my thoughts. Nothing personal.” I said with a soft smile and he just nodded with a disapproving expression. “I’m sorry Jackie, but it’s not going to matter soon anyway.”

“Are you sure?” he asked with narrowed eyes in order to raise the tension and pressure me into telling.

“Yes, I’m sure.” I nodded and he just let out a breath.

“I’m not.” Rian chirped in and the next second I know I’m being slung over Mr. Dawson’s shoulder and rushed out of the basement.

“Rian!” I whined with a sad laugh as he raced out to the backyard and dropped me into the pool. “Robert Rian Dawson! You are in so much trouble!” I yelled as I flailed my arms around in anger which caused the water to splash everywhere. “Why did you do that?!” I yelled.

“Because you needed a distraction and someone wanted to talk to you.” he said with a smile that I knew oh too well.

“What are you up to, Dawson.” I said with narrowed eyes (yeah, Jack and I share a lot of similarities, but we both love it no matter how much our friends find it scary) and after seeing my reaction he started running back inside. I just shook my head and clenched my jaw in anger as I swam to the ladder to get out.

“Need some help?” I looked up at who said it and rolled my eyes as I ignored his hand and started walking out of the backyard and to my car while leaving a water trail behind me. “Jayde, wait, it was a joke!”

“Alex! How many times do I have to yell at you for you to stop doing this to me every single fucking time I come over here?!” I screamed as I turned around to look up at him. That tall bastard.

“I didn’t throw you in this time!” he said as he fought to fight a smile as his eyes kept flickering to my chest.

“My shirt’s see through isn’t it?” I asked and he nodded as he gave in and started smiling. I just groaned and went to my car. I opened the trunk and took off my shirt and Alex yelled out and covered his eyes. “Your fault.” I mumbled as I pulled a black shirt on this time. Then I looked over at him. “Keep your eyes shut.” I growled as I took my shorts off and changed into a pair of basketball shorts and pushed the wet clothes into Alex’s chest causing him to reveal his eyes and grab onto the shirt and the shorts.

“You loved it the first time I did it, why are you mad now?” he whined.

“I was in seventh grade and it was the middle of the summer. If I wasn’t in that pool I would’ve been dead.” I said seriously and he just rolled his eyes.

“What happened to you?” he asked as we came into the house and went to the laundry room so he could throw my clothes in the washer.

“What do you mean?” I asked with my eyebrows furrowed a bit.

“Well you’re not as happy as you were before. Shouldn’t you be ecstatic that you’re going on tour with us?” he asked with a smile as I hopped onto the dryer and shrug my shoulders.

“I’m happy for you guys, but I’m concerned about the same thing as Kayden. I want to actually graduate and go to college. I already got accepted to some to earn some early credit but it’s all going to go down the drain if we don’t graduate.” I explained and he just looked down.

“I didn’t realize how much you were giving up by going with us.” he said quietly as he carefully sat next to me. “You don’t have to go if you don’t want to, your future matters much more.” He said quietly.

“Alex, I made my decision, I’m going on tour with you guys and that’s final.” I said as quietly and now the only sound that can be heard is the washing machine.

It was strange, even awkward. It’s never been this awkward. After the washing machine stopped Alex hopped off of the dryer and moved the clothes from the washer to the dryer without sending a single glance at me.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered and he looked up at me in shock.

“What for?” he asked looking from side to side in confusion.

“For bringing you down, you’re about to go on tour and I feel like I crushed your spirits.” I said and tried to jump off of the drier but he stopped me by pulling me in a hug.

“You shouldn’t feel like that, I’m just upset that I’m basically ruining your future.” He said then coughed a bit. “I mean, your and Kayden’s future.” He said awkwardly ending with another fake cough.

“You’re not ruining our future.” I said pretending not to notice his mistake. “It will be the best thing for us. Plus we’ll earn some money which is always good. Don’t worry about us.” I argued as I pulled him in a hug.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered and I just sighed.

“But if you ever throw me into that damned pool again in the middle of the night in the middle of February, I will kill you.” I said with a pointed look and he just nodded.

“Got it.” he smiled and I just rolled my eyes.

“Good, can I go now? I don’t really feel like waiting for that shit to dry.”

“Yeah.” he said still standing in place.

“Alex?” I asked.

“Yeah?”

“Move.” I said and he just opened and closed his mouth a couple of times before stepping aside so I could hop off. When I looked back up at him he was scratching the back of his head with a light color on his cheeks. “You okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, just nervous, I guess.” He said really fast.

“Okay, if you want to talk about it, you know where to find me. I’ll pick up the clothes tomorrow, tell everyone I went home, okay?” I asked and he nodded as I waved a goodbye.

The ride home was silent. I didn't bother turning on the radio or playing some of the guys' recorded songs. I don't really know what happened back at Kayden's house. Practically since day one, I was really good friends with Alex and we never hid anything from each other till I realized that I liked him much more than a friend. So with that realization I ruined our friendship. We're not as close anymore and I miss him even though I don't have a right to do so considering it was all my fault.

I stopped coming over to Kayden's house and instead made her come to mine. I avoided Alex at all costs hoping that this whole "crush" phase would pass me like a bad cold. No such luck. The more I stayed away from him, the faster my feelings grew. Since I couldn't deal with these feelings anymore I stopped ignoring Alex.

He kept asking me what's wrong and after weeks and weeks of nagging I gave in and told him how I like someone in our close group more than friends and that we're too close to let my stupid feelings to get in the middle of that. So till this Day he's convinced that I'm in love with Rian.

So Alex being Alex told his best friends Kayden and my brother. Jack pestered me with questions and pleas to tell Rian that I love him because we would be happy together. The situation with Kayden was more complicated because she didn't buy Alex's prediction of Rian being the guy I like.

Here's how that day went:

School was boring as usual and having guitar and art classes with Alex didn't help at all because the more he concentrated on his work the faster my desire for him grew. I still can't believe that he thinks that I'm in love with one of his best friends. Guys are so blind.

Then I heard the front door slam and someone almost tripping while running up the steps. I rolled my eyes before starting to yell.

"Jack, you idiot! You need to watch your feet!!!" I screamed but heard no response till someone stormed into my room.

"You have to tell Alex that he's the one you like, not Rian!" Kayden yelled as she started slapping me.

"Ow! Why are you hitting me?! When did you become so abusive?!" I screamed as I tried to hide my face from her.

"Since you refused to confess your feelings to my brother!" she yelled back and I just put my hands on my hips.

"I did tell him how I feel, he just didn't know it at the moment, so go slap him!" I yelled as I cradled my cheek because of the damage.

"So I'm allowed to tell him?" she asked with excitement and my eyes widened.

"No! Don't you dare!"

"Why not, it's not like you're going to tell him anytime soon." she argued.

"If he doesn't realize it soon enough, I'll tell him." I promised and she just nodded in reply.


Yeah, he still doesn't know and I convinced Kayden that I don't have any feelings for him. I don't think she believes me though, but I don't think she'll have time to yell at me with her being all in love with Zack. So if she starts bitching at me to tell Alex, I'm just gonna bitch back.

I walked into the house that I still lived at with my parents and Jack and went upstairs to take a shower and then change into my pajamas. After that I just went and lied down in my bed.

As soon as my head hit the pillow my mind became infested with the thoughts of Alex and I just couldn’t take it anymore. I know he wouldn’t feel the same way about me so I should be able to let him go. I need to. I have no choice but to do so.

About fifteen minutes later I heard some light tapping on the window. It just has to rain doesn’t it? Then there was a crash in the window and the glass flew everywhere. I froze in my position and listened carefully.

“Oh shit!” I heard someone whisper yell from the outside and I narrowed my eyes in recognition. I got up, put my slippers on and walked downstairs and out the front door.

I walked around the bushes as the intruder kept jumping up and down in order to see what was going on inside my window. I just rolled my eyes as I tried not to laugh. I took a couple more steps closer and eventually stopped right behind the person. Then I stepped on my tippy toes and took a deep breath.

“Boo.” I said and he jumped like three feet in the air remembering to scream bloody murder.

“What are you doing here?! I thought I killed you!” Alex yelled as he engulfed me in a bear hug and I just stood there with a blank expression. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I just want to know what the hell was so important that gave you a right to break my window.” I said as I raised my eyebrows and put my hands on my hips.

“I just wanted to make sure you were okay.” He said looking down with guild. “Sorry about your window, I’ll replace it as soon as possible.”

“I told you, I’m fine.” I lied said.

“Then why did you leave?”

“Because I was tired.” I simply said with a shrug.

“But you never go to bed at,” he looked down at his watch, “nine in the evening. You always stay up and help me pull pranks on everyone.

“You mean, let you stay up with me and help me with the pranks.”

“Yes.” He said smiling and I shot him a quizzical look.

“Why aren’t you being a douche?” I said in a slightly high voice because I feel like I don’t even know him anymore.

“Oh is that what you think?” he raised his voice. “You’re the biggest bitch I’ve ever met! The guys only dated you because they were too fucking scared to stand up to you!”

“Why are you screaming at me?! what did I ever do to you?! And what does my dating has to do with anything?!” I yelled back as I threw my hands up in frustration.

“Because you think I’m a douche!”

“I always say that you’re a douche! It’s a joke you dick!” I yelled back and just started running back inside with the tears on my face.

“Fuck!” he screamed as he started running after me. “Jayde, I’m so sorry.” He kept calling but it was too late.

The door was closed, I never found out why he came, I’m crying myself to sleep, and the tour starts in two days.

I just hope that this tour won't reveal our secrets without our consent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter! Hope you enjoyed it!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe =)

<3