Back To December

A Sad Reunion

BTD 2

I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't-

" Kara?" I looked over to Tyler. ," Honey we're here. " I looked past him out the cab window to see the 'Welcome to La Push. Enjoy' sign. I rolled my eyes. 

Who in they're right mind would enjoy?

It was only a matter of minutes before we pulled up at my sister Emily's place. 

" Do you think she'll be happy to see me?" I asked nervously. Ty smiled. 

" Honey bunch, you're you. Who wouldn't be?"

I giggled. He's too gay for words. 

He paid the taxi man and we got all of our bags and walked to the door. Tyler held my hand for support. 

I rang the doorbell.  

A very depressed Seth answered. he was eating a piece of pizza and his face was swollen. From tears I guess. 

He took one look and screamed, shutting the door. I looked to Tyler who was laughing. He stopped though when I slapped his arm. 

The door opened again to show Seth again, looking sheepish. 

" Kara?" he whispered, pulling me into a hug. I return it. 

" Come in, Come in, who's your friend?"

We walked inside, dragging the suitcases behind us. 

" This is Tyler, my assistant/best friend. "

Tyler laughed," Just call me Ty. "

Seth nodded," I'll go get Emily. "

I nodded, nervously. 

He left the room and I heard voices. Then there was a scream, followed my a crash, and a tan, dark haired girl ran out, crushing me in a hug. 

I laughed, hugging her back. 

" I've missed you Kary!" she whispered. I smiled. 

" I missed you too, Em. "

A tall, burly tan man came into the room shirtless. 

Emily pulled away and I gasped, pulling her face toward me in my hands. 

" Em, what the fuck happened to you?" I asked loudly. She bit her lip, stepping into the arms of the big man. 

" Bear attack. " she said simply. The man at her side had a look of self hatred on his face. 

" Oh! Kara! This is my fiancé Sam!" she introduced," Sam, this is my baby sister Kara. "

We shook hands, I flinched. Gosh his skin is scorchingly warm. 

I then remembered Tyler," Uhm this is my friend Tyler. "

They all exchanged greetings. 
" Where is everyone?" I asked. The mood in the room instantly dropped. 

" Aunt Sue's" Em whispered. I sighed, grabbing my purse

" I'm going down there, you coming Ty?"

He nodded, following me out the door. 
Aunt Sues was just down the road so we walked. 

"is this going to be awkward as well?" Tyler asked. I sighed, linking arms with him. 

" Most likely"

We reached the small white house and I walked right in. 
There was a crowd of tall,tan guys in the den. 

When they noticed me, one of the smaller ones fell of the stool. " Holy Shit! Its Kara! Can I have you're autograph?!" 

I sighed.
" Did someone say Kara?" A familiar voice asked. I turned to see Aunt Sue. I felt my eyes water and I ran and hugged her. 

" Oh Kara! It's been so long!"

I sighed," Aunt Sue im sorry. I loved him too." she gave me a pathetic excuse of a smile.

" He loved you too.  i hope you know that...but, everyone in La Push misses you. But we're proud of who you've become. "

We pulled away. I gave a couple people hugs. 
Leah came up to me, and gave a slight smile. I opened my mouth to say something and she cut me off " It's okay. We forgive you, you bitch. " she gave me a quick hug. 

" Okay, guys, this is my cousin Kara. Yes, I realize she's famous. ," she called. " Kara this is Jacob, Jared, Quil, Embry, Brady, Collin, and Paul. "

I scanned over the room, but when my eyes locked with Paul's, something...weird happened. 

My heart started beating faster and I felt a surge of emotions, swirling around me. His eyes were beautiful, and they looked at me with such love and hope and kindness, I though I might faint. 

The room went silent. 

Jared busted out laughing, causing the rest to laugh," You've got to be kidding me!!! Of course, Paul gets the   Only person I know bitchier than him!"

I glared at him." Shut up you over grown, Monkey brained, steroid abuser.  What the hell are you talking about?!"
He just smiled," You'll see." 
I could tell Paul was pissed. He started shaking. 
Sam placed a hand on his shoulder, giving the hot head a silent look. Paul calmed. 

 I rose an eyebrow, looking to Tyler. He shrugged. It was then he was noticed. 

" Oh, who's this?" Aunt Sue asked quietly. I could tell she was a mess inside. She had taken uncle Harrys death hard.  They all had. It was all over their faces. 

" This is Tyler, a really good friend from LA."

He rolled his eyes," Please girl. Don't lie. I'm your assistant and the best damn friend you've ever had. " 

I laughed quietly. 

We sat down and I couldn't help myself but to look across the room to Paul. 

He locked eyes with mine and my heart jolted. 

What the hell is going on with me?