Back To December

I'll fight for her

BTD 25

A few hours later we were still on the couches and laughing. 

" - And then philly tries to do a backflips and falls on his ass!!" Chris ended, re telling us  about one if his brothers misfortunes. 

Phillip's green eyes  glared at his brother. 

I sighed, checking my phone as the laughter died down. 

" call him." Alicia said with a raised eyebrow. 

I bit my lip," I don't know, I mean-"
" Call him and put it on speaker." she told me again. I nodded, a little wary of her in a mischievous 
 mood. 

I flipped open my phone and dialed the familiar number, gesturing for everyone to be silent with my finger. 

Ring. 
Ring. 

" Took you long enough," Paul's deep rumble rasped. 

I laughed," Love you too. Babe."

He laughed with me, I could picture his smile. 

" I'm sorry, redo:
Hey baby, I miss you, love you, what's going on?" 

I bit my lip and looked around the room at my friends who were listening intently to my conversation. 

" Honestly not much. How are the guys?" 

I heard him sigh and a rustling in the background. 

I heard a shout that sounded like Jacob or maybe Embry. 

" Arriving without permission, as always. Quil pouted the whole way back to LaPush. Emily is already going crazy and Sam is trying to calm her down, ya' know, nothing new."

I giggled. Phill and Chris shared a look. 

Yeah guys, I know, I never giggle. 
Get over it. 

" God I'm homesick already. " I told him, closing my eyes to imagine being right there beside him. 

He chuckled, " I know babe. I miss you too. I'm not gonna sleep right without you beside me at night. And holy shit- what am I gonna do when I get horny? My little sex kitten is in a foreign country!"

I blushed as all my friends turned red from holding in laughs. 

Alicia had tears in her eyes from her silent laughs as she held her tongues. 

I saw Phillip and Chris mouth 'sex kitten?'

" I think you'll find a way to relieve yourself," I teased. 

He scoffed," I guess my hand is about to be my new best friend."

I laughed. 

" Hey, you're the one who wanted me to take the opportunity. " I reminded. 

" Yeah. I know. Don't remind me...Hey Kara?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, glaring at my still laughing friends and took the phone into the back room. 

" Yeah? What's wrong?"

I heard Paul sigh. I could picture him running his fingers through his short hair. 

" I love you so much. And you're gonna be gone for a whole year. I can't help but worry that-"

My eyes widened"- you think I'm gonna cheat on you!" I accused. 

It was quiet. " No! Baby, No!" he yelled," I was talking about the drugs, the alcohol, partying. I'm worried you might do something stupid you'll regret..."

I glared at my phone," You don't trust me?" I asked through gritted teeth," Wow. Thanks."

Paul groaned. 

" I trust you Kara. I do. But I don't trust other people. Look I don't want to fight baby..."

I bit my lip, tears stinging my eyes. 

" You're right. Let's not. I gotta go anyway. "

Paul sighed," Okay. I love you baby. "

I smiled lightly," I love you too."

I hung up and collapsed on the couch and let my mind wander into the dark silence of the room. 

There was a tap on the door. 

I looked up to see Aaron. 

Aaron was a little shorter than Paul and buff. He had wavy black hair reaching his shoulders with a red streak in the front. 

He had dark chocolate eyes. 
Aaron played lead guitar. 

" Hey," I said, scooting over on the couch so he could sit. 

I felt the cushions weighed down and looked over to see Aaron with a kind look. 

" Trouble in Paradise?"he asked soothingly. 

I frowned, laying my head on his shoulder," he doesn't trust me, A, i mean, I've done some pretty shitty, stupid things in my life... But you trust me, right?"

I looked at him frantically, searching for reassurance. 

Aaron smiled lightly," Of course. With my life."

I smiled, taking my head off his shoulder to curl up on the couch with the blanket. 

" Thanks A. You're a good friend"

I saw him nodd, and pat my arm before leaving the room. 

I lay on my back and held my hand out in front of my face. 

Mrs. Paul Redson

Aaron POV

I left the room in a hurry, but walked down the hall slowly. The bus went over a bump and I sighed. 

That jerk doesn't deserve her. Doesn't trust her. Well I've known her longer. It should be me she loves....but I'll always only be her 'friend'. 

" When you gonna tell her?" I heard a voice ask.  I looked up to see Chris. 

I glared at him," never. She's engaged, Chris. She loves him. She'll never love me. Not like I love her,"

Chris looked me dead in the eye and raised a blonde eyebrow.  

" Well, maybe if you had told her three years ago, it could be you. "

He turned the corner and left me to my thoughts. 

I'll fight for her.