Back To December

Realization

BTD 6

I didn't move from a top the stairs all night. I just sat there thinking. If it weren't for the sound of activity downstairs I would have stayed there for days. 

I walked down the stairs slowly. I turned the corner and entered the kitchen. I stood stiff in the doorway. 

All of the boys sat there eating and laughing. Emily was on Sam's lap smiling. 

" Morning Kara!" Tyler called from across the room. They all looked to me. 

Let's freeze for a mental checklist why don't we?

1) they're all extremely muscular
2) they have serious body heat. 
3) they follow Sam around like he's their leader. 
4) they shake when their angry. 
5) fierce appetites 
6) extremely protective. 
7) they disappear all the time. 
8) hot head tempers 

Yep. That's enough for me. 

" You guys are werewolves, aren't you?" I asked out of the blue, still standing there. Tyler bust out laughing, thinking I was joking, but shut up when he saw I was serious. 

I saw countless shocked faces. 

" Wha-"
" How the hell?"
" Did you tell her, I didn't !"
" How long have you known?" Sam asked with an authoritative voice. I gulped. 

" Since last night. I overheard Paul and Emily and all the sudden it made sense"

Paul got up and walked out of the room in an angry blurr. 

I sighed, sitting in a chair. Jacob and Embry went after him. 

Emily came and knelt beside me. 
" I'm sorry you had to find out this way."

Sam walked closer to me " You do realize that neither of you-" he looked to Ty-"Can tell anyone?"

I nodded. Figured as much. 

I stood slowly on shaky legs,"'Im gonna go check on Paul. "

I saw their frantic looks ," You really shouldn't!!"

But I was already out the door. 

The three guys, Jacob, Paul, and Embry stood in the yard with serious expressions. 

"Paul, 'we' need to talk...alone." I said. Jake and Embry left to give us some privacy. 

I stepped up to Paul. "So...imprinting, huh?"
He nodded, jaw tight." You must have really paid attention to the legends. "

I sighed," I'm not cold, or heartless- contrary to popular belief." I said. He gave me a strange look, opening his mouth to speak, I cut him off," I know how to love people. It's just been a long time. "

I place a hand on his bare chest, enjoying the warmth. " I know I can be a handful and I'm stubborn, but if your willing to try this-"

" -Kara?" he interrupted with a smile.  I looked up. " Shut up. "
My jaw slacked, offended, but it relaxed when his warm lips crashed down onto mine, and his arms wrapped around me. 

I moaned into his mouth, running my fingers through his hair. 

He pulled away suddenly, smirking. 

" And for the record, I never thought you were cold."

He ran a finger across my red cheek, my blush was visible even under my dark skin. 

There were cat calls and I turned to see the boys all laughing and cheering. I rolled my eyes and flipped them off. 

I turned back to Paul. " I hope you know what you're getting into. " I told him sternly. 
He smirked, wrapping an arm around me as 'we' walked back inside.

" I can handle anything. "

You say that know.