Back To December

A Funeral

BTD 8

I hate today. Getting dressed in black and going to s funeral is not something anyone likes, but I really hate it. 

I was currently in my room at Emily's wearing a black dress and looking at pictures. Tyler was beside me, donned in black as well. 

I closed my eyes and held on to one specific picture. Harry and me at my thirteenth birthday party. I was sitting on his lap and we were smiling. 

I miss him. 

" Guys?" Sam asked quietly from the doorway. He had a stony mask," It's time to go. "

I looked him in the eyes and nodded. 

I stood up, fixing the strap on my heels and turned to Ty. 

He nodded, wrapping an arm around me as we walked downstairs. 

The whole pack was there, along with other La Push residents. 

We were having the funeral in Sam and Emily's house. I'll never sleep well here again. 

I detached from Tyler and walked into Paul's arms, burying my face in his chest. 

He sighed, holding me tighter.  I felt him rest his head on mine. 

" I miss him too, Kara. " he whispered. 

" Kara are you ready?" Aunt Sue asked. I nodded. 
She had asked me to say a few words. 

Paul and I shared a quick kiss and I walked up to the podium. 

We had cleared out most of the furniture except a few couches and the piano. 

" Hello. Thank you for being here," I began," Harry would be happy. 
Harry was like father to me in ever way imaginable. He would make me laugh till I cried, he would make me smile when I was sad, and he protected me. When everything went wrong, he was the one I turned to. But it was like that with everyone, wasn't it? Everyone loved Harry and He loved everyone in return. And he's in a better place now. I bet he's watching baseball and drinking a beer up there right now. " some people laughed,"
I'm gonna miss you, Harry. "

I stepped down from the podium and sat at the piano," In Remembrance of him, I'm going to play a song, his favorite;

 Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
Nowhere below us
Above only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for 
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one"

I bit my lip and held back the tears, smoothing my dress and walking back into the crowd. 

-----

Everything ended an hour later. The elders were throwing a banquet in his honor down at the Council Hall. 
I wasn't going. 

Tyler and I stood out in the yard, hugging. 

"Are you sure?" he asked me. I nodded. 
I took a deep breath. 

"take care of everything for me okay? I'll record songs periodically and send them to you. It'll be fine. "

I stepped away, sending back one last smile as he slid into the cab and disappeared out of my sight. 

I felt arms wrap around my waist, and I leaned into Paul's chest. 

I turned around to face him," I wanna go home. "

He stiffened, " and where is that?"

I smiled,"With you."

He smiled and crashed his lips down on mine, spinning me around. I laughed and threw my arms around his neck. 
Secretly, I was wondering if I made the right choice.