Back To December

Andrew?

BTD 9

" tell me about Andrew." Paul whispered into my ear about a week later. We were laying in his bed at our place( I had moved out of Emily's and into his) and 'we' were watching a movie. 
I rose an eyebrow, turning in his arms to look at him.  

" Did my boyfriend just ask me to tell him about my ex husband?" I asked suspiciously. 

He shrugged, nodding his head. 
I sighed, snuggling back into his arms. 

" I met him the first day I moved to LA. He was on leave from the Marines and still had his uniform on, checking into the same hotel as me. We talked a bit that day and went out to dinner that night. "
I closed my eyes, remembering,"We became best friends over the course of a month...and I guess you could say it grew. We eventually started dating and moved in together...got married-" my voice broke. 
Paul rubbed my back, urging me to continue,- and a few months after the wedding, they called him back."

I looked up at Paul who had a blank expression. ," We both know what happened after that...Drew was like no one I had ever met. He was charming and polite, but funny and mischievous. He was perfect."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. " Kara, I'm nothing like that. How Can I compete with Perfect?"

I smiled slightly. " You don't. "
His jaw tightened and he looked away," You're right. You're nothing like Drew. Your stubborn and rude and immature and perverted and obnoxious, and you drive me crazy. But that's why I like you..you're not perfect. You have flaws. Makes you a little more human in my opinion."

He snorted at the irony. " Thank you," he said, softening. 

I tilted my head," For what?"

Our eyes met and the amount of love and devotion they showed scared me," For opening up to me. For trusting me enough to tell me. "He then laid a soft, tender kiss in my forehead.

I smiled, curling up into his arms,"Well, not as dumb as he looks, folks."
He laughed and we spent the night wrapped up in each other. 

------------

I woke up around two a.m that morning when Paul got back from patrol and was sliding into bed. 

I rolled over and kisses him suddenly and passionately. When i pulled away, he growled lightly, flipping me over. I giggled. 
" You're not getting away so easy," he muttered, running a trail of kisses down my neck. I moaned lightly, running fingers through his hair. It was getting longer. 

His teeth nipped my neck and i gasped," P-Paul..."
I felt him smile. 

With a sudden burst of energy, I rolled us over, straddling his lap as he lay on his back, laughing. 

I bent down and kissed his chest and arms, leading up to his mouth. 

" I like this side of you." he murmured. 

Our lips met in a fiery motion, almost a blur as they moved. Our tongues danced and the rhythm of our hearts were in sync. 

Paul's hand reached under my shirt to my bra clasp and I stiffened, pulling away. 

He sat up, me still on his lap, I could feel his hardness and felt guilty,"Hey, Hey, Hey. I get it; too fast."
He pecked the side of my temple. 

I sighed, nodding and placing my hands on his chest, "I'm sorry."

He frowned, lifting my chin so our eyes would meet,"Never apologize. I let it get too heated, it's MY fault. I would never force anything on you, you know that right?" he had a frantic look in his eyes.

I raised my hand to hold his face," I know...let's get some sleep, I know you're tired."
He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me down against him on the bed. 

" Sweet Dreams."