Status: completed :)

You Taught Me Love

The Key To My Heart

Frank's P.O.V.

Lunchtime

I hurried to Gerard's classroom and knocked on the door, antsy to see him again. I still had his taste on my lips, and couldn't wait for more.

"Come in!" he shouted.
I gladly entered the room and spotted him near his desk, walking over to meet me.

As he got closer, I leaned in to hug him, wanting to feel our bodies in contact again, but I felt his arms push me back lightly.

"What?" I asked, nervous as Hell.
What if he had realized he was worth someone better than me, and wanted to break up already?

"Don't worry, it's just that there are cameras in the class, if we ever wanna do anything, it's gonna have to be in the storage closet. Come on, the gift's in there anyways. And I want a greeting kiss..."

I smiled and followed him to the small room, relieved. As I looked around the closet, memories of my first real conversation with Gerard came flowing back, and I remembered every detail. My boyfriend closed the door and bent over to a blue bag, giving me a perfect view of his cute derriere. Ah, screw this! His ass.

He took out a smaller plastic bag, and handed it to me.

"I didn't really have time to wrap it, so..."

I looked inside and saw some black fabric, I figured it was a t-shirt or something like that. I pulled it out and smiled to the heart-warming gift. It was a Misfits zip-up hoody. The Misfits had been the first thing to bring a connection between Gerard and I, and that brought so much meaning to the piece of clothing.

"Oh! Thanks, baby." I said, hugging him tight.

"Try it on." he suggested as he stoked strands of hair behind my ears.

I pulled away from our embrace and put on the black and green sweater. It fit perfectly, just like we did together. I know that's an extremely corny thing to say, but it's exactly how I felt, it was like both our bodies and souls fit together like pieces of a puzzle finally finding their place.

"It looks so good on you!" Gerard exclaimed, obviously happy about his clothing choice.

As I slid my hands in the pockets, my left knuckles hit a hard rectangular box.

"What the?"
I took it out and read what was scribbled on the front, in a delicate handwriting. «Here's the second part...»

I looked back at Gerard with a questioning look.

"Open it." he whispered.

I stood still, holding onto the small box, not knowing what to expect. It wasn't too heavy... It could be anything.
I lifted the top carefully, and as I noticed a glistening necklace, my breath hitched in my throat. I was amazed at what I saw: a silver skeleton key pendant, hanging on a thin chain. Its bow was very ornate and detailed, and formed a round-edged cross. It seemed used, but someone had cleaned it well and the silver shined bright. In the middle of the cross was inlaid a small, bloody red ruby.

"Oh my goodness! It's beautiful, Gerard. I... I can't e-even..."

"It actually opens something, but you'll see that later. Keep it with you and don't lose it, it's... important." he warned me as he put it on for me.
The cold metal felt good on my chest, and the stone seemed to take life, gleaming a hundred lights.

He kissed my cheek and looked at me sweetly. Behind the soft smile, I could perceive something powerful, an emotion I couldn't exactly describe. It was almost... adoring.

"Gee... Thank you so much, I... it's...wow."

I was still at a loss for words, but my feelings flowed through my eyes and I think he saw it, because the next thing he did was press a light kiss to my mouth. He quickly leaned in again and, this time, we locked lips amorously for a good 5 minutes. There was no rush, no tongue, no battle, no pushing, it was simply a pure, delicate kiss. My fingers caressing the back of his neck, eyes closed in delight, skin brushing against skin softly, breathing barely audible, his hands resting on my waist.

At that moment, I realized all I felt for this man. I couldn't fully understand, but there was one thing I knew. I loved him, I really did.
I love him...

We slowly broke the kiss and, for the rest of the lunch break, just sat wordlessly at the little table, holding hands, looking at each other. It was the most beautiful thing ever.

Gerard's P.O.V.

Frank didn't know, but I had just given him the most precious thing in my life. I know it seems crazy, we've been together for less than 24 hours, but since our first kiss, I knew he was the one. From the moment his lips touched mine, something changed in me.

I had never felt anything like that before, and even though I wasn't sure about this relationship at the start, I was now certain it was worth everything the world would throw at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment =) <3 =) <3 =) <3

So... the update! :) What did you think?

Remember, the necklace will be important, later in the story... BU DUH DUH DUH!
And yeah, a silver and ruby pendant is not really «not much»... ;) Anyways...

PS: I am aware that the title is unbelievably cheesy. If you have any ideas, let me know!!!
Also, I need your opinion about this: should I update more frequently, but smaller chapters, or keep updating at my usual rhythm, and chapter length???