Status: completed :)

You Taught Me Love

How Great... (Deceptions Of A Teenager In Love)

Wednesday
Second period

Gerard's P.O.V.

As the bell rang, the students stopped chatting and settled down in their seats silently, and I got up to stand at the front on the class. I was finally going to explain the new project we were about to start, and I was pretty excited about it, it's an interesting project that I think they'll enjoy a lot. My eyes roamed the room and stopped as they met a sparkling pair of hazel eyes looking straight at me. These days, I found myself looking at Frank a bit too much when I was teaching his class, but I just couldn't control it... and every second we held eye contact I was thinking about his sweet kisses and just looking forward to spending time with him at the lunch break. We smiled at each other and he made a heart shape with his hands, winking as my grin grew wider, and a loving look appeared on his adorable face. This got me thinking, I still hadn't really told him I loved him yet... I mean, I'm quite sure he's figured it out already, and I've told him tons of cheesy romantic words, but I haven't technically told him the big :«I love you» yet. I think I'm -- we're -- ready, but I can't find the right moment to tell him...

Anyways, I'd better start explaining something to the students, 'cause right now I'm just standing near my desk, grinning like an idiot.

“So today, as you know, we're going to start the big project I have been talking about for a while. I think you're going to like it, and it's very simple. Simple, but not necessarily easy. It will take you all at least a month to finish, trust me, but I will give you until January to hand in the final product. Okay, here we go...” I started, before leaning far behind my desk to get a painting I had brought from my house.
A couple of girls whispered something to each other as I realized I was giving them quite a view, and I quickly pulled the canvas from the bag and turned around, a bit embarrassed.
I held the paining face down so they couldn't see the picture yet, and began to tell them about the work they would have to do.

“I want you to represent a person that inspires you with a metaphorical image. Basically, you'll have to paint a picture of someone who influences you, or that you simply admire, as a character you think they embody. You can choose someone famous or a friend, a member of your family, etc. For example, if the person you picked is your best friend, and you like his goofiness and happy attitude, you could paint a clown. Or if it's, let's say... someone who brings you hope, you could paint Elpis, the Greek goddess of hope. Mine, here, is about my brother” I explained, turning the canvas to reveal the image of a superhero sitting on a mossy rock, looking strong and caring, but somehow desperate.

“He's been my savior for years” I solely explained, but I knew there was so much more to this picture...

“Anyways. I want you to draw a detailed draft in H B pencils before starting to work on the painting, and you will show it to me, with a quick explanation, before I give you the canvas and oil paint. Any questions?”

A blond-haired boy raised his hand and I nodded towards him, unable to remember his name.

“Um, yes...” he mumbled, clearing his throat to speak more clearly. “Can we paint the person as an animal?”

“Yes” I answered. “You can represent the person as an animal or even a mythical creature, but I don't want any objects or, I don't know... trees or something. At a pinch you could paint an insect, but you'd need a pretty good explanation!”

“Okay, thanks.”

Apparently there were no more questions, so I gave them some drafting paper and let them start thinking about who they were going to choose. As my eyes met Frank's again, I saw the same loving look from before, and he smiled softly as he began drawing almost immediately.

Frank's P.O.V.

Ah, I know exactly what I'm going for in this project... Gerard is right, this is very simulating work, I can't wait to get started!

* * * * * * *

RING!! RING!

As the loud chime eventually rose in the room, I quickly gathered my stuff and walked towards the door to get my lunch and put my pencil cases away as fast as possible (I couldn't wait to run back in this class and spend some time with my boyfriend), but I stopped in my tracks in the middle of the room as Caroline called my name.

“What?” I asked impatiently, a clearly irritated tone in my voice.

“Well, wait for me.” she stated as an obvious thing, catching up with me and grabbing my arm in a friendly manner. “Wherever you're going to study today, I want to come with you.”

“Um, why?”
Lunchtime is the only time I have with Gerard during the week, I don't want to waste it with a hyperactive gal.

“Because.” she said as we had started making our way to the lockers. “I'm tired of Jasmine's moody attitude... -- she's got her period -- and the guys are always talking about boring video games or such, so... Yeah. Besides, my grades are going down a bit, some extra work won't do any harm. I got 82 at the last exam...”

“Oh my! Only 82?” I exclaimed sarcastically.

“Look, for me it's kinda low, okay? Anyway, what subject are you gonna work on today?”

Should I tell her I'm going to Gee' s class? No, then she'll do anything to come with me... But if I lie, she's probably still gonna want to keep me company and then we'll have to actually do some work in math or some shit like that... Damn...

“Uh, I was thinking art...” I finally answered, reluctantly.

“Oh, great! That's awesome! But I didn't know his class was opened today...”

“Well, I... think it is.”

“Then it's set, I guess! I'll go put away my stuff and I'll meet you in Mr. Way's room in a couple of minutes.” she smirked excitedly, running hurriedly in the direction of her locker.

There goes my intimate time with my darling... *desperate sigh*

I got my lunch and speed-walked back to room 304, hoping to get at least a minute or two alone with Gerard. As I entered his class, his lips curved in a delightful smile before faltering and falling back in a flat line as he noticed the depressed look on my face.

“What's wrong?” he questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

“A friend's meeting us here as soon as she comes back from the lockers.”

“What? Why? How? I mean...”

“She wants to spend lunchtime with me today, the little bitch--” I muttered.

“Who? Caroline? The annoying one?”

“Yeah.”
Don't get me wrong, I really like Caroline, but this whole thing with Gerard is pissing me off...
I want to see him as much as possible, every second I spend away from him is becoming less bearable every day, he is becoming an addiction, a need to me.

“Crap.” he breathed, passing a hand through his messy, sexy pitch-black hair.

“Ugh, she's coming.” I groaned as I saw her out of the corner of my eye, making her way down the hallway.

“Okay, listen.” he started. “After school, meet me by the big oak tree, I'll bring you somewhere we can be alone for a while...”

“But--”

“Just tell your mom your teacher held you up for a bit because he needed to talk to you about something that turned out not to be your problem. Or something like that. It's not entirely false, I AM your teacher and I WILL hold you up for a bit...” he explained, managing to bring a smirk to my face.

“Hello Mr. Way...” Caroline' s high-pitched voice came across the room as she skipped over-happily towards my boyfriend, who answered with a fake smile as she batted her eyelashes at him.

How great... I can tell this is going to be a frustrating lunchtime...
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Please comment <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Comment, please? <3

Okay, I know it's been a while... I'm going to try to update more often, I promise! Please don't hate me... >.<'
So this chapter is kind of an intro to the next one, once again... But I won't say anything else, 'cause I don't want to give too much away...
Hang in there, you all, this story will soon get better :D

Thanks for the comments, views and subs, you have no idea how much they help :')
Also, thank you so much to the readers who've been there from the start, supporting me since February... (Damn, it's been almost four months already!)

love, zombies and unicorns =D