Hardships, to Hockey to Tyler Seguin

Meeting him

Today was my first day of school. The same lady who prepared our food and cleaned the house woke me up. She brought in my breakfast on a food tray, with the perfect breakfast. Sunny side up eggs, bacon, buttered bread, waffles and orange juice. I couldn’t help to smile, for once I was excited to get out of bed. I got out of bed and went into my walk in closet and saw my uniform neatly folded. I went into my bathroom, which I didn’t realize at first, but the bathroom was connecting Katrina’s room to mine.

Katrina was putting on her makeup, with curlers in her hair. She paused, “Are you going to put on your makeup?” I was a little taken back by that. “Umm, no?” “You don’t wear makeup?!?” “No....” “Please let me do it for you! and straighten your hair please?” I didn’t know how to say anything but, “Yeah Sure”

As she was doing it, she was telling me, “You’re going to fit right in, you’ll love it. I’ll show you all the popular people.” The thought of the word popular made me sick. Because I was who the popular people made fun of, not one of them . “Alright Done! check it out” I looked in the mirror, I actually really did like the way I looked. “Thanks” I hugged her.

We drove up in her black convertible stainless-bug. The girls in the school were just perfect looking. Like models. I could tell Katrina was easily the head of the school in popularity, everyone loved her. It felt weird getting so much attention, a lot of girls complimented me and said I was pretty which I thought was odd. So many girls wanted to be my friend it felt like. I didn’t compare to them at all.

We we’re driving to the Bruins arena with the top down of her bug. As we drove into the parking lot, the song “Black and Yellow Remix” came on.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btYmZbrFt18)

Katrina starting freaking out, “Hell yeah! this is my jam.” She turned it up. And starting dancing while she was driving, she started singing along, well more like yelling “Black and Yellow, but I’m not talking about the Penguins fuck Crosby I’m rooting for Tyler Seguin” As she turned off the engine.

As a guy leans down to talk to us, “Fuck Sidney Crosby, your rooting for me?-Thanks” We got out of the car and all three of us made our way into the building. Katrina replied, "Oh shut up Tyler your not that special" as she jokingly pushed him. Tyler shook my hand, and said “Hi, I’m Tyler, and you?” He was definitely the guy I saw the first day, I could tell by his smile. I got butterflies. “I’m Taylor, nice to meet you” Katrina saw a friend and she left. Tyler and I continued to walk together. He continued, “So Taylor, your living at Coach J’s house, how is that?” We had small talk, I couldn’t help but to stare deep into his brown eyes that had a sparkle in them and his smile. “Well it was nice meeting you Taylor, see you later” And walked into the locker room.

As he left, I didn’t know where I was. Since he left me alone without Katrina in some place in the building I wasn’t familiar of. I wandered around and found myself in the arena-I couldn’t imagine this place being filled with black and yellow. I sat on one of the seats and tried calling Katrina, but no answer. "FUCK"

“You know your not suppose to be here?” A voice called out to me. I looked to see, it was Tyler. I smiled. He was in his full uniform besides his helmet, he skated over to the glass. I walked towards the glass. “You see, I’m about to do my pre-game superstition and you can’t be here watching me....” “I’ll leave” I interrupted “Not that you can’t, but you just can’t see me doing it, its not something I want to impress a girl with” I fluttered and turned red. He continued, “But it wouldn’t be very nice of me to ask you leave” He paused and continued - “How about lets make a deal, If we still win tonight, without me doing my superstition, you’ll let me take you out to dinner when I come back from my road trip?” Without hesitation I said, “Deal”
♠ ♠ ♠
A little bit shorter than usual- but the next chapter will be coming out soon as possible. Hope you liked it! As always subscribe! And don't forget to comment with any ideas or predictions or whatever. XOXO