Status: super slow, but active, because no one reads it, so there's no hurry :(

Destroyed

An Angel

There in the middle of my room was a…well I don’t know what to call it. Its thick wavy golden hair shined in the moonlight while its purple eyes sparked with glee. Its skin was white as snow. It wore a shimmering purple dress that matched the color of its eyes. It was barefoot with purple toenails and purple fingernails. It almost looked like someone you would picture who lived in 1930’s. With perfect hair, perfect shape, and perfect skin. How had I missed this figure in the middle of my bedroom? How long had it been standing there? What was it?
“Thank you for the compliment.” It spoke. Its voice sounded beautiful like an angel…is that what it was? An Angel?
“You’re the first to guess right.” It answered. Wait a second did it just answer my question? I swear I said it in my head; I was too stunned to speak.
“Yes, I answered the question from your mind.” its giggling laugh sent chills down my spine. I was still, too stunned to speak.
“My name is Olivia. I am an angel. And I am not your imagination.” It said. Can I speak? I’m not sure.
“Would you stop calling me an “it” I am a “her” she spoke angrily. Her hair would bob with each movement she took.
“Can you hear my thoughts?” that was a good question. Right?
“Yes, I can hear your thoughts. And yes, that was a very good question.” She answered.
“Why are your eyes purple?” I asked without thinking.
“Because color shows rank.” She chuckled. So does that mean you’re in a high rank then? Not a very high one but close to a high rank you could say. Her voice rang clear in my head as if she said it but her lips hadn’t moved a twitch. I was confused.
“Oh! And I can put words in your head…I can answer your questions through your mind.” she said quickly as if to reassure me. She was speaking in a tone that would soon wake Pam. I looked at Pam she looked asleep but her snoring had ceased, odd. Don’t worry she can’t hear what we’re saying. She’s sort of frozen in time. She said while she pointed to the clock which was still at 10:11. I thought we had spoken for at least two minutes. I was a little shocked but not by much. I was getting used to it.
Anyways, I’m not here to show you that angels are real. I’m here to warn you. Her face was suddenly serious and deadly. Do you know of the recent disappearances? I suddenly remembered the article this morning with the thirteen missing people in every country with that horrible hot black letter and that warning inside of it. I just nodded.
Well, those disappearances aren’t by humans. A flash of anger crossed her face.
Who else that was not human would do that? Witches? Vampires? Werewolves? Aliens? Robots? I thought. I had to laugh at that there weren’t really witches, vampires, werewolves, aliens and robots wandering around. I sighed.
The angel’s face looked embarrassed and as if she was going to change the subject. “Are there really witches, vampire, werewolves, aliens and robots alive?” I asked very, very curiously.
Yes… but that’s not important right now they are at peace as long as they don’t linger around humans too long. Especially those vampires. She put in my head. I gasped. I just found out that angels were real now I know that witches, vampires, and werewolves were real. I knew at any given moment I would go into shock.
Like I said…not important. I shouldn’t have said that they weren’t by humans I should have said they’re by creatures. She stated stiffly.
Then what are they by? I thought.
Demons she answered almost like a whisper in my head.
Demons? She nodded.
But why would you tell me this? Why? I asked in my mind.
Because you are one of the chosen ones Susan she sighed. The chosen one? What did she mean? Did they just draw a name out of a hat? I remembered the paper stating one of the messages in red ink was “Beware of the chosen ones.” Then it hit me like a bulldozer. They.
Wait, when you mean “they” do you mean these demons? While I waited for her to read my mind and answer I started to fidget with my fingers.
“Yes.” She whispered out loud. It was quiet for a moment then she sighed and looked at me.
“Bye Susan.” She said and then she turned around. Bye? Did she plan this? “Hey Susan I’m an angel and I can read minds. By the way, you are one of the chosen ones. Bye!”
“Wait!” I called after her as I stood up. Whoops, I stood up too fast. I got dizzy and almost fell but there were arms around me to catch me. I looked up to see Olivia’s staring at me. Her skin was more beautiful up close. That beautiful dress still shimmering in the moonlight. Her purple eyes were still sparkling…but not with glee…it was sparkling with concern. I stood up and internally shook the dizziness out of my head.
“Will I ever see you again Olivia?” I asked. I felt very special to say her name. I smiled.
“Yes, you will see me again. I will be here every night at this time.” She pointed to the clock without looking at it. I glanced at it and it was still at 10:11.
“Do you promise to show me the witches, vampires, alien’s werewolves, and robots one day?” I asked shyly. I accidentally let out a chuckle at the end. She shrugged.
“Sure if you want to. I’ll only show you the behaved ones though.” She answered with a smirk.
“Behaved?”
“Some of them are pretty deranged. And some of them are nice as most humans. Some live among you.” She said. I sighed.
“Really?”
“Yes, some go to your school.”
“How many?”
She stared at me while I waited. Sorry, it doesn’t matter I thought.
Her face lit up and she put in my thoughts Thank you. After a moment of silence I heard that beautiful voice again. Ugh. You have one witch, three vampires, two werewolves, two aliens and four robots in your school…they are taught at a young age though, vampires hunt out of state. Werewolf’s run out of the country for the nights like these. She pointed to the full moon outside my window. Witches practice outside of the country’s boundaries. Most aliens look like humans, but the others wear flesh over their body. And Robots prefer to be called cyborgs.
Oh and the demons I let her read.
There are two demons living among your school. We believe one is a male and one is a female. One might be someone you barely notice or as you might call, “unpopular”. The other is probably going to hang-out around a lot of people or “popular”. We are not sure who it is. That is another reason I am here, I need you to find them.
“Okay, bye.” I said as I climbed back into my bed.
“Just like that you are just going to go demon hunting” she shivered when she mentioned that word.
“Yeah, if it means helping you.”
She sighed.
“Goodnight Susan.” Then she vanished, I blinked and she was still gone. I sighed and relaxed into the mattress. Shoot! I forgot to make her promise…I’ll probably never see her again. I sighed in frustration. Suddenly a sweet voice smoothed out my frustration.
I promise
Now I was completely and utterly relaxed. I was worried about nothing. I was soon falling asleep to Pam’s restarting snores.
♠ ♠ ♠
haaaaaayy,
long time no post