Status: Active. Mostly often yet irregular updates.

And the world stopped spinning

Chapter Three -Max

I couldn't sleep that night. Whenever I closed my eyes I saw Fang shouting at me, the whole moment that seemed to last days flashing back to me. I shuddered at the thought of even having thoughts about it.
I ended up getting out of bed at about 4:15am, putting the book I was reading face down on my bedside table. I slid off of my bed and into the bathroom.
When I came back, my sister Ella was peeking in through a gap in my now open door. Ella was like my opposite -She was a really light sleeper, whereas I could sleep through the zombie apocalypse.
"What, Ella?" I mumbled, feeling really tired and pissed off.
"I just wanted to see if you were okay..." She said quietly, and her voice instantly calmed me down. I sat down on my bed, burying my face in my hands. She walked in, gently clicking the door shut behind her. She walked over and sat on the bed next to me, putting a hand on my leg.
"What is it, Max?" She asked me, her voice low and gentle. I loved how she sounded when she spoke.
Clearly she didn't know about Fang and I. Or what was Fang and I.
I looked at her, taking in her worried face and deep brown comforting eyes. I felt a tear move slowly down my face, and then I lost it. I burst into tears all over again, and Ella pulled me in close to hug me.
"It's okay, Max..." She whispered, and I hated myself for getting her involved in this. She sounded upset, which she rarely ever was.
"No, it's not." I said through the sobs that were raking my body. "It will nevr be okay. He's gone, and I can't get him back. I can't get my heart back. I can't... Can't..." I gave up and just kept breaking down in Ella's arms. I felt bad -she was only fourteen, and already she was immersed in the emotional hardships of an older girl. How cruel could I get, bringing a frail girl like Ella into my problems?
But it was too late now. She was already here.
"Oh, Max... This is about you and- and Fang, right?" I nodded blearily, unable to see clearly through the tears. She took a deep breath, thinking. "Max, I know he meant the world to you. Heck, he might as well have been the world. But he isn't here to fix you anymore. Not now. You have to have the courage to fix it yourself, otherwise you'll be a broken heap in the dump yard. You have to fix yourself, Max. Only you. Fang can't help you this time." I'd calmed down a tiny bit while I listened to her, but when she said that last sentence, I broke down all over again.
"You're right..." I whispered through sobs. "Fang can't help me..."
And it was that thought that made it so much worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter three's up! This one might seem a little rushed, because I was going to do something else that GOT CANCELLED! *Sigh*. Sorry nothing much has happened yet, just the two of the breaking down and shizz. After the next one of Fang, I'm going to send them back to school (Well, one of them :P) so hopefully it'll get a bit more eventful from there. Sorry! Thank you to my wonderful readers! R&R? Pleasez?
Thanks!
~Kris.
*Also sorry for freakishly long A/N!*