Status: Active

Dirty Little Girl

Waiting

Heather's P.O.V.

I awoke in the hospital waiting room, lying across several chairs with my head on Matt's lap. There were people staring and I would have been embarrassed if my sister weren't in the freakin hospital. I sat up quickly, rubbing the mascara out of my eyes that I knew was there. Matt wrapped his arms around me and I would have rolled my eyes and walked off, but I really needed the comfort then. "How is she?" I whispered.

"She's sleeping, and should be fine for now." I was glad the guys knew to leave me there, because I would have flipped if I woke up anywhere else. I stood to go and see her, and Matt went with me, an arm around my shoulders. I wasn't surprised to see Brian inside by her bedside, his head in his hands. I could tell from a glance that he hadn't slept, and I wouldn't have been able to either if I hadn't cried myself to sleep on Matt's shoulder.

I was excited to have a niece or nephew, as were all of the guys, so I couldn't possibly imagine how devastating it was to Bri and Brian to lose their child. I walked over to Brian and touched his shoulder. He looked up at me, and his eyes were furious.

"Are you happy now!?" he shouted. "My baby's gone! GONE! You freak out on me for getting her pregnant, well fucking good for you cause it's GONE!"

I was taken aback by his violent reaction but I could understand it. He just needed someone to blame. Matt started to step forward to tell Brian to back off, but I put my hand on his chest to keep him back. Hostilities weren't going to solve anything. "That baby was going to be my niece or nephew. Bri's my sister, Brian, and I'd do anything for her. If it makes you feel better to hit me, then fine. But it won't bring the child back."

The anger left his eyes and his shoulders slumped. Taking a good look at him, it was apparent that he'd aged overnight. He looked ten years older and sick with worry. I gave him a hug. He hugged me back, and I could feel a couple tears seep into my shirt.

"Be strong for her, okay?" I whispered. "Go to the bathroom, clean yourself up, and come back when you're done. We'll be here watching her."

He nodded and pulled away, walking out without another word. I sat next to my sister on the hospital bed, and took her hand. She looked so pale, and the machines hooked up to her made me feel a little sick. "Wake up, sis," I whispered. "We're all waiting for you, and Brian's a wreck. You're gonna laugh at how I look like a panda instead of my usual perfect makeup. Come on, you know you want to..."

Flashback

A fourteen year old girl was rushed into the E.R., bleeding profusely in her arms, her legs and her sides. Another girl was there as well, running beside the gurney until she was forced to stay back and her sister was rolled into surgery.

The second little girl waited on a chair for hours, until the doctor said she could finally see her sister and she ran straight in. "Heather are you okay???" She looked at the doctor. "Is she okay???"

"She should be waking up any minute, but we don't have any way of waking her up," The doctor answered, as the little girl held her sister's hand. At her sister's touch, the Heather slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes widened as she realized where she was, and that there were needles and wires attached to her.

"Get it off! Get all this stuff off!" She tried to pull the needle out, but her arm was heavily bandaged and hurt like hell to move. "What the heck happened?!"

"You were in a car accident, Heather. Do you remember? You were on a bike, and a car ran a red light and hit you." The doctor watched as Heather nodded slowly. She didn't seem to suffer any brain damage and her vitals were good. "I'll leave you two to chat." The doctor left.

"Bri, get these things off of me, please!" Heather begged as Bri hugged her.

"They're gonna help you get better. Things will get better, I promise."


Heather held Bri's hand and waited. Hospitals and the machines inside had always scared the hell out of her, and still did. But her sister needed her right now, so she had to be strong and suck it up.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was mostly just to show how close Bri and Heather are, because there isn't much of their past in the story. Please comment and subscribe!