Status: Active

Dirty Little Girl

Thoughts

Bri’s POV

It had been an entire month since I talked to Heather. At first, I’d been angry. And, I think, bitter. While I’d gone through so much drama after getting together with Brian, she went off and turned her life into a fairy-tale romance with Matt! None of it was fair! I didn’t want to see what other couples had when they were happy – I just wanted it to be my sister and me, alone and have her just focus on me like she always used to. I guess it was a bit selfish of me, but I was going through a lot and I thought she’d understand. When had we started to grow so far apart?

I actually started missing her slightly obsessive makeup and clothing tips, barging into my room to curl my hair or test out some crazy new nail trend on me. It was easy to slip into a quieter routine without her around, but my life started to become, well, a bit boring without her planning a ton of trips to clubs, new bars, and random things to do around the beach. I started calling her, but hung up the phone before it could finish ringing, every time.

And suddenly I become a part of your past
I'm becoming the part that don't last
I'm losing you and its effortless
Without a sound we lose sight of the ground


I tapped the screen of my Droid- Lacey. “Hey Lacey, what’s going on?”

“We’re having a huge barbecue tonight. You have to go this time.” she burbled. I sighed. I’d been avoiding group outings like the plague since my fight with Heather. “I know you’re not doing anything so don’t dare try to back out,” she warned.

“Just don’t try to make me talk to anyone,” I gave in. “Got it?”

“Deal,” she answered sweetly. I sighed. It was so hard to say no to her. Lacey was a little angel. She’d been the only one I talked to lately, whereas my sister had gone out with everyone in the group multiple times, allowing the option for our friends to invite me but not doing so herself. And we were both too prideful to give in first.

I’d officially moved in with Brian now, and I loved the place. He didn’t mind me re-doing the house as long as I didn’t overrun the place with flowers. I only re-organized the closet and cleaned up around the place. I went on a lot of jogs recently, and was even fitter than when he met me. Throwing a loose shirt over my tank top, I pulled skinny jeans over my boy shorts and grabbed a couple rings on the way out.

outfit
♠ ♠ ♠
So...my co-author has opted out of the story and I just found out about it- now that I know, updates will come more frequently!