Status: Join in!

Gerard Way's Birthday Mibba Collaboration 2011

34? Hell No! More like 24.

Happy Birthday, Gerard. I would sing it to you but I'll spare you the pain and suffering of your precious eardrums. Another year of life passed. A new one beginning, I hope your birthday has been a blast and hopefully better than the last. A new year with new people to meet. Without you I probably wouldnt even have the chance to even do this. You and your music have helped me through my darkest depths of depression. You have been a great influence on my life and continue to be today.
I remember the first time I heard your voice. It was after I had started Catholic school I was constantly picked on (still am). My mom decided that going to a private school would be better... it wasn't. My parents fought a lot(now separated) and all my siblings adults and left the nest. I was all alone. It was post Katrina and my family was crammed in my oldest sisters 2 bedroom apartment. 9 people in that little space. We were far from home and I hated it. My santuary was destroyed.
I was sitting in the car flicking through stations and landed on one. I'm Not Okay (I promise) was on. The lights were out and I was searching for anything to occupy my mind. During this time I was in deep depression. My mom was constantly talking to me and asking if I was okay and always said I was fine. I lied. I felt that no one could comprehend what was going on in my head and she had enough on her plate so I didn't want to worry her. I did a lot of stupied things. But on hearing that song I felt... relief. You were sing about how I felt and I connected with it on a deeper level.
Years passed and I was shifting from school to school, moving from place to place. And things werent getting much easier. Your music always helping me get through the day. You have been a role model for me for 6+ years. Thank you so much.
Keep making the music that brings more smiles to peoples faces, as it does me.
Happy Birthday, Hero
-Sarianne S.
proud killjoy and member of the MCRmy.