Status: This volume will be more about Misfits than Supernatural.

Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Oh My God

Tony muttered darkly as he left his charges outside and started for his office. ‘Another group of wankers’ he thought bitterly. Tony stopped short as he spotted a lean pale male with messy black locks of hair. “Can I help you sir?” Tony asked.
“Call me Jude. Everyone else does.” The stranger replied.
“An American,” Tony noted. “Here for Evangeline then?”
Jude smirked lightly. “Actually we’re here for you.” He replied.
“We?” Tony repeated. Jude glanced to the left and as Tony followed his gaze he saw the back of a man standing at the window. “Who’s that?” he asked.
“Drake. My…brother-in-arms you could say.” Jude answered. “Right Drake?”
Drake’s eyes were fixated on Evangeline in the distance, one of his pale fingers coating over her body through the glass. His thoughts were on how she struggled as his blade cut into her thigh. Her cry had sent ripples across his skin.
“Drake!” Jude called shortly. Drake slowly lowered his hand from the glass and glanced over his shoulder. It was then that Tony saw his face – pure black eyes and streaks of dark veins running up his throat and splashing to a stop at his cheekbones.
“My God.” Tony breathed.
“That’s rather impolite don’t you think?” Jude responded.
Tony looked wildly from Drake to Jude and back again. He swiftly turned around coming face-to-face with Drake who had appeared out of nowhere. Tony’s jaw dropped but mere seconds later it was pinned in place as Drake plunged a dagger beneath his chin. The tip of the steel penetrated Tony’s brain; he was dead before he hit the floor. Drake’s gaze lifted from Tony to Jude as he approached. “Prime,” Jude began. Hazel eyes locked on Tony, Jude flexed his thin fingers causing Tony’s body to rattle. “Rib.” He finished, pushing his hand in a downward motion. Tony’s pupils shrunk, his retinas turning yellow as he rose into a standing position. He stared blankly at Jude as if waiting for an order. “Why don’t you go have some fun…Tony was it? Kill yourself some criminals.” Jude suggested. “I think I saw one headed for the bathroom.” Tony lumbered away, a mere shell of himself. Jude smirked, his attention shifting to Drake as he spoke telepathically – the only way he could (talk). ‘Was that the right thing to do?’ Drake asked. “It was a perfectly healthy meatsuit…shame for it to go waste.” Jude replied. ‘I meant, what about Evangeline?’ Drake’s voice echoed in Jude’s mind. “Like her mother, Ev’s outlived her purpose. What happens to her now is irrelevant.” Jude told him. ‘Think Vlad would approve?’ Drake responded. “Think he really cares about her?” Jude challenged. Drake remained completely silent. “Don’t be naive Drake. Now let’s go. I’d hate to miss the storm.” In a blink of an eye Jude had disappeared and after casting one last glance out the window, Drake was gone too.

Each minute felt like an hour to Ev and she quickly lost track of time. She was beginning to worry she had Alzheimer’s disease, thinking about the lost chunk of time that had landed her in community service and left her with a mysterious scar on her leg Ev’s green eyes traveled to the other people in her group. However many hours she had been there, she could already tell what they were like. It saddened and slightly frightened Ev that the ‘weird kid’ was the only being nice to her. ‘I don’t think he’s weird,’ Ev thought studying Simon. ‘He’s just…quiet. And awkward. That’s all.’ Kelly was the blonde with the strange accent and large hoop earrings. She didn’t seem to like anyone so Ev didn’t take it personal. ‘She’s the punk, good for her’. Ev thought. The curly-haired ‘Jonas’ bastard was named Nathan and he loved the sound of his own voice. ‘Class-clown. Annoying as fuck but thinks he’s hilarious. Yawn’ The dark-skinned male was named Curtis and his toned body gave away him being the jock of the group. ‘Curtis’ Ev thought with a snort ‘Ridiculous name for an African-American let alone a British one.’ And lastly there was the pretty girl with tanned flyaway hair named Alisha that reminded Ev of a line from Paramore’s Misery Business. ‘Once a whore you’re nothing more I’m sorry that’ll never change’. Despite the clichés, none of them seemed like /bad/ people to Ev, they were perfectly friendly …to each other. Not to Evangeline the American bomber.
The fresh white paint of the benches remained bright even as the sky darkened. “Do you think they’d still give me crap for being an American even if I hadn’t been a suspected terrorist?” Ev asked Simon, barely aware she was speaking aloud.
“…Probably.” He said, pocketing his hands. Ev glanced at him as he shrugged. “You’re the foreigner.”
Nathan turned away from the group and faced them. “You weirdos talkin’?” he asked.
Ev and Simon shook their heads. “No? Sounded like you were.”
“Piss off Jonas.” Ev said.
“What is that word?” he asked indignantly. Nathan raised his head upward, his eyes on the sky. “And what is going on with this weather?!” he demanded.
Naturally Ev had been lost in her thoughts and hadn’t paid attention to the sky. As she looked up now though, Ev saw exactly what Nathan meant and truth be told it frightened her. A gigantic black cloud loomed overhead. ‘Electrical storms don’t just appear out of the blue…this means some demonic nasty is coming.’ Ev thought worriedly. The next instant something heavy fell from the sky and crashed into a nearby car. Its alarm went off as if the car were crying in pain.
Ev could hear the fear in Alisha’s voice as she asked: “What just happened?”
“Well,” Nathan began starting towards the car. “It appears that car just got landed on...” He stopped short. “..By a chunk of hail?” he murmured. There was a loud splash behind the group as another boulder-sized piece of hail thumped into the ocean. “What in the hell?!” Nathan blurted.
Ev stared into the black abyss hovering over them. “We gotta get inside.” Ev said to herself. Her eyes darted to Simon who was filming with his phone. “What are you….?”
Another boulder of hail landed onto a nearby bench splitting it into a series of splinters.
“Get indoors – NOW!” Curtis shouted. The group took off in a frenzy as the giant hailballs continued to crash down around them, splashing them with water as they ran and cracking the cement that they passed. They had almost reached the door when they were knocked off their feet by a bolt of lighting. The electricity ricocheted among their bones as each flew backwards, except for Ev who had been struck directly on her skull. The electric charge rattled down her spine and branched out. As the others were getting to their feet, Ev remained on the ground, the lighting coursing over her body. “She alright?” Curtis breathed.
“Does she look fucking alright?” Nathan replied. “She’s dead!”
Ev’s eyes flew open, a gasp escaping her lips as the lightning spluttered away taking her hair color along with it.
“She’s alive!” Simon said as the white-haired Ev slowly got to her feet.
“Yeah. Her hair’s just dead.” Kelly said.
“Wha?” Ev murmured, a hand pressed against her head. Another boulder of hail crashed down inches from her and the group swiftly scrambled indoors. “What just happened?” Ev panted. She felt dizzy and she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open.
“We got struck by lightning.” Alisha said.
“Yeah, it took a liking to you.” Nathan added pointing at Ev. “Must be your American-ness.”
“What are you talking about?” Ev asked, her eyes jumping between them all.
They exchanged glances. Simon swallowed. “Y-Your hair.” He answered.
Ev felt her silky hair then gasped as she saw it was the actual color of silk. “OH MY GOD!” she cried.
“You don’t look that bad.” Kelly said crossing her arms.
“You kiddin’? She looks like a wreck!” Nathan replied. Ev’s horror faded into rage and she shoved him. “Ow!..You shocked me.” He said. Ev just glared and ran in the direction of the bathrooms. “She shocked me.” Nathan repeated.
“Oh shut up.” Curtis said heading for the locker room. The others followed except Simon who was debating going after Ev. He took two steps, realized he’d probably only make things worse and went to the locker room too.

Ev was distraught. She didn’t want to see her reflection but she couldn’t look away. The lightning had drained all of the auburn from her hair – she had hoped the inner weaves of her hair hadn’t been affected but she was horribly disappointed. With the orange jumpsuit she looked like an idiotic child cross-dressing for Halloween, half criminal, half Storm from X-Men. ‘I cant believe this. Why me, why didn’t it happen to the others?…what if dye doesn’t work?’ she fretted. To avoid further humiliation, namely from Nathan no doubt, Ev waited a considerable amount of time for the others to leave the building. When she exited the bathroom, she saw Simon waiting for her. He was wearing a long-sleeved dark green shirt and tan slacks. Simon smiled meekly and Ev forced a smile in return. “What are you doing?” she greeted.
“…Waiting to walk you home?” Simon responded hesitantly.
“Awe. Arent you adorable?” Ev smiled genuinely, starting for the locker room with Simon on her heels. If Ev or Simon had bothered to glance at the boy’s bathroom they may have noticed the trail of blood trailing from the door to the opposite direction or sensed Tony looming just inside the room. Luckily they didn’t or they would’ve been dead and since Tony hadn’t seen them, it didn’t occur to him to follow.
Twisting in the combo Ev swiftly shed her community service jumpsuit. Beneath was a Jack Sparrow tank top and stripped black-n-white undies which she covered with Meg’s skinny jeans and her brother’s snakeskin jacket. But as she closed her locker, Ev saw Simon’s reflection peeking in the mirror. Eyes widening he sidestepped out of view. Ev couldn’t stop herself from smiling as she walked around the corner of lockers. “Ya know I’d normally be upset like any girl but given my situation,” Ev raked a hand through her white hair. “I cant help feeling flattered.” She finished.
With flushed cheeks, Simon avoided eye contact. “It’s just hair.” He said lowly.
“You’re sweet.” Ev murmured. Simon glanced up at her hesitantly. “..Can you show me where I can get hair dye though?” she asked. Simon nodded. “Great. Let’s go.”

“I think I found your hair color.”
“Good eye. But. I’ve always wanted to dye my hair black.”
“Black?” Simon repeated.
Ev nodded slightly, her eyes on the box of hair dye. “Now as good an excuse as ever right?” she replied. She saw him nod out of the corner of her eye as she started moving down the aisle. “Shit!” she blurted, earning a dirty look from a passing elderly woman. “How am I going to pay for this?” she realized.
“..I’ll buy it.” Simon said.
“Noooooo.” Ev breathed.
“I want to.” Simon insisted though there was an unsteady air to his words.
“I cant let you.” Ev protested. She chewed on her lip thinking. “But you /can/ get me a shopping basket….”

The basket became filled with various items ranging from candy to camping gear. The only things of importance were the box of hair dye and a cheap brown hoodie. As Ev and Simon neared the public restrooms, she casually draped the hoodie over her arm. “Alright, unless you have about 20 minutes to waste this is where you and I say goodbye my dear partner in crime.” Ev whispered in his ear, a guise for her to lean forward, claim the box of hair dye and slip it beneath the hoodie she was holding.
“…I’ll wait.”
“You sure? You don’t have to.”
Simon nodded. “I’m sure.”
“O-kay, but I wont be mad if I come back out and you’re gone.” Ev hummed entering the woman’s restroom. After checking that the room was empty, Ev tore off the pricetag and shrugged into the hoodie. She then went to the window and stepping on tippietoes managed to open it. Ev applied the dye as quickly as she could, figuring she’d have to apply two coats anyway. Once she was done, Ev carefully lifted her hood to hide the evidence, put on her brother’s jacket and ducked out. She found Simon and an empty shopping cart. “You put everything back?” Ev laughed. Simon nodded. “Ah God.” She giggled. Simon smiled sobering Ev. “Let’s get out of here fast.” She muttered grabbing his sleeve. Once they were a safe distance from the store, Ev wrapped Simon in a hug though he was too stunned to return it. “Best accompliance everrrr.” She said bouncing slightly. She released him with a smile that turned into a laugh. “Oops I got dye on your.” Her fingers gingerly wiped at his jaw but as she did she felt energy beneath her fingertips. She blinked lowering her hand. “Did you…feel that?” she murmured.
“Yeah.” Simon breathed. Without actually touching him, Ev ran her hand over his cheek, her eyes glued on the faint spark issuing between their skin. She touched him abruptly and the spark shocked them both.
“What the hell?!” Ev cried taking a step back.
“Nathan said you shocked him.” Simon reminded.
Ev studied her hands. “That’s not possible.” She replied. In a silent response Simon’s hand hovered over hers; he slowly lowered it until they were mere inches apart. The spark returned. Frowning Ev hooked her fingers through his. The spark subsided but as their hands hugged another shock pulled them apart. “Oh my God.” She murmured backing away. Before Simon could say a word, she took off running.

Ev tried not to think as she went straight into Crowley’s bathroom. She turned on the faucet of the bathtub, figuring it would be easier to wash the dye out there than using the sink. But as she whipped off the hoodie and threw aside it and her brother’s jacket, a worrisome thought snipped through. ‘What if I electrocute myself?’ Ev swallowed hard glancing over her shoulder at the mirror. A counter thought occurred. ‘What do I have to loose?’ Ev took a deep breath and stuck her head beneath the water. Nothing happened. She blindly risened out the dye, tossing her head this way and that. When she thought she was done, she turned off the faucet and reached for a nearby towel. As she straightened up she noticed bloodstains on her shirt. Turning to the mirror, she realized with wide eyes that she had suffered a nosebleed. She dabbed at her nose with the towel then used it on her hair, trying to ignore her racing heartbeat. Removing the towel from her hair, she saw with numb horror that the top layers of her hair remained white despite her inner weaves turning black. It was not a pretty sight. “……Fuck. My hair matches my underwear.” She muttered after a long time. Ev dejectedly picked up the hoodie and put it back on. She retreated to Crowley’s guest room, sank onto the therapeutic bed and picked up the phone. She slowly dialed Dean’s number. “Hello?” His voice made her heart soar for the first time in 48 hours.
“Dad it’s me.” She greeted.
“Hey. I raised a bomber who woulda known?” Dean replied.
Ev’s eyes narrowed then they closed in a grimace. “You saw the news.” She noted.
“Oh yeah.”
“It wasn’t me.”
“I know. I was just giving you a hard time. Crowley popped in not that long ago, told me you’re doing community service…how is it?” Dean responded.
“..It’s fine but…Dad something happened to me.” Ev began.
Dean took a minute to answer and Ev imagined he was sitting forward intently with a frown on his perfect lips. “What?” he pressed.
“…There was this…electric storm…it came out of nowhere and…it hit us…me…and…now….I’m different.” Ev stammered.
“Different how?” Dean asked.
“Well my hair turned white for one,” Ev managed to laugh. “And um…I keep…shocking people.”
“..Like shock-shock?”
“Like I’m electrical yeah.”
Dean sounded like he was chewing on his lip. “…Huh.”
“Huh? That’s all you have to say?” Ev replied.
“Well what do you want me to say Ev? You can dye your hair right?” Dean said.
“I tried but it didn’t affect the roots. I look like a goddamn skunk.” Ev sighed. She heard her father clear her throat and she made a face. “Are you laughing?” she guessed.
Dean cleared his throat again. “No.”
“You didn’t even say that with a straight face, I can tell!”
“..Sorry Ev.”
Ev exhaled. “Dad what am I supposed to do? What does this mean?”
“Kid I don’t know.” Dean admitted. “But uh I’ll call Cas he has to have some idea.”
“Right.” Ev muttered.
“I’ll call you back as soon as I know something. Okay?”
“Okay?”
“Ev..” Dean began.
“Yeah?” Ev murmured.
“I love you.”
“I love you too Dad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Drake and Jude are also my own creations and I can guarntee you'll see at least Drake again. ;P And for those who havent seen Misfits, NO - Ev will not be the only one who has a power.