Status: Completed <3

I'll Be Fine Even Though I'm Not Always Right.

002

I waited discreetly outside waiting for Jack to return to his car. I was sat there for a couple of hours until he finally left, once I saw he had gone, I drove to the space he had just left, before making my way into the building. All I could think of was why Lea was in such a place, what was wrong with her that it put her in here? I needed answers. I slowly walked up to the front desk where a elderly women was positioned behind, she gave me a small smile as I approached her.

“Hello dear, can I help you?” she asked politely.

“Hey, yes, um, would it be possible to see Leander Brookes?” I asked her in the same tone as she.

“Yes, that would be fine, she had returned a couple of hours ago, her room number is 560, level 3, can I take you’re name please?” she informed me with a smile.

“Thank-You, and yeah sure it’s Alex Gaskarth” I spoke softly before heading for the elevator.

Once I had reached the third floor, I slowly made my way down the long while hallway until I saw her door. I took a deep breath before knocking softly on the wooden door.

“Come in” she spoke faintly from the other side.

I opened the door slowly, revealing her small frame sat in a small chair in front of the window, her back was towards me.

“Lea?” I whispered.

She jumped at my voice, she turned around with a shocked yet angry expression, by this time she was stood up, her back up against the cold window.

“What are you doing here? How the hell did you know I was here?” she hissed.

“I’m here because I’m concerned about you, Lea. I followed you and Jack on you’re way here, why didn’t you tell me?” I asked her disappointedly.

“Pfft. You’re aren’t concerned about me Alexander, you proved that when you left. Why should I have told you? You were busy with Morgan, I was angry with you, I still am” she replied irritably.

She walked towards the bed and plopped down, turning her back to me. I knew I shouldn’t have left her, I knew it was a mistake, but Morgan, I loved her too. I was a complete jerk to Lea, I know I took the one thing I could never give back to her, I regret that. It’s just I don’t know…

“I’m sorry, okay! I know I was wrong, I shouldn’t have left you. What I said to you that night, I meant every word, they were sincere, my actions were unforgivable I know. I’m in love with Morgan, well was because she’s gone now. I know you’re still angry Lea, you deserve to be” I sighed, bring back the thoughts of Morgan were not of any help to this situation.

“What happened to her?” she asked blankly.

“Breast cancer- that’s what killed her, she lost the battle” I sighed, a tear escaping from my eye, which I brushed away swiftly with my jacket sleeve.

“I-I didn’t know, I’m sorry that’s an awful thing to have happened to someone so young- so beautiful” she replied bleakly.

I breathed heavily before moving myself from where I was stood at the door to sit beside Lea on her small bed, it was silent but it was good to be with her company again, I missed her.

“You know, that morning I left, I was going to break up with Morgan, but she text me saying she needed to talk to me, I thought that would be my chance, maybe she was going to end it with me…but she didn’t. she told me she had cancer, that she didn’t have long…”

I eventually got back to the apartment Morgan and I were sharing, I knew I had to break it off with her, I just didn’t love her the way I loved Lea. Nothing could compare to that. Ever. After receiving the text from Morgan that she had something important to tell me, I hoped she was going to break up with me, so I didn’t have to hurt her. I slowly made my way through our front door, I spotted Morgan on the couch, her chin resting on her knees, gazing into space…

“Morgan?” I spoke softly walking over to where she was sitting.

Her head slowly turned to look at me, her eyes rimed red from crying, she looked so pale.

“I-I’m not going to beat around the bush, I-I-uh- I have breast cancer, Alex” she sighed, tears streaming from her eyes.

She had cancer? I couldn’t leave her now, not in this state, it would destroy her if I did, especially in her state. I had no other choice. I pulled her body into mine, grabbing her into a hug.

“Are you going to be okay? I-I mean you’re going to survive this, right?” I whispered into her hair.

She shook her head no.

“I went to the doctors, they said it was too late to have surgery, I left it too late, if I had of gone when I first found the lump, I would have been able to have treatment, they gave me a maximum of four months to live” she sobbed into my chest.

I honestly had no idea what to say to that… whatever I could say wouldn’t change things, wouldn’t make everything better, so I just held her until she fell asleep.


“That’s what happened the day I left you, I would have come back to you, Lea. You must understand why I couldn’t now, right?” I breathed.

She didn’t answer me with words, just a simple nod. She still didn’t understand, I guess I couldn’t blame her. I guess it was my turn to ask her what happened in those months.

“Lea, why are you here? What happened after I left?” I asked her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two is out, another depressing one, but it's needed in the storyline. You now know how Morgan died, What happened to Lea will be the next chapter. For those who are reading, and have had someone close to them that has suffered from Breast Cancer, i hope i haven't offended anyone in any way, or brought up any bad memory's. I haven't lost anyone to cancer, but i could guess it's an awful thing.

R.I.P to all those who lost the long battle <3

I would like to say a huge thankyou to everyone who has subscribed and commented; it means a lot:)

DidItMeanAnything? & F-Lies; thankyou very much for the comments, i hope you really like this chapter:)