Status: One-Shot.

Valentine's Wishes.

I / I

I waited out by my car. The school bell rang and in a matter of seconds kids ran out of the school for the end of the day. I waited and looked around for my niece Karlie to walk out. She soon did, noticing me by my car and ran over. “Auntie Em!” she smiled a toothy grin. “How was school?” I asked opening the back door as she jumped in. “We passed out our Valentines today since we can't tomorrow, I got so many!” She exclaimed unzipping her backpack. “Leave them in your bag and we'll check them out when we get to my house ok” I smiled. She nodded and I shut the door opening mine and getting in.

--

“This ones from Andrew, and this ones from Kelsey, oh and this ones from Hilary!” she smiled passing me the pink and purple paper cards. I read them and smiled. The cheesy catch lines written on them were pretty bad but at the same time cute. “You sure got a lot of these kid” I smiled placing the couple dozen pieces of paper back inside the container she brought them home in. “So where's Jimmy?” Karlie asked randomly. I looked at her as she lied on her stomach on my living room floor. Her elbows rested up and she rested her chin on her plums. “He's been away” I softly spoke. It had been a few months since she had come over. The only reason why she was over tonight was because her father and mother were going out on a Valentines date and I agreed to take care of her. “Oh...where?” she asked following me as I got up and walked into the kitchen. “He's being a rock star” I nodded frowning slightly. I didn't mind his work field but I sure as hell missed him when he was away for such a long time. “Playing drums?” she asked. “Yep, playing drums”
Karlie was crazy over Jimmy. Whenever she was over and he happened to be home they'd always go downstairs and play on his kit. “Can I go downstairs and play on the drums” she asked grinning widely. “Um, I wouldn't do that honey, I'd rather you stay up here” I spoke. She frowned a little. My house wasn't necessarily made for kids. Since Jimmy was always on the road and I was usually working or sleeping or, working... my life was pretty dull when he wasn't around.

“How about we go out for dinner?” I spoke lighting up the mood. “OK!” The smile appeared back on the six year olds face. “Where to?” I asked pulling my sweater back on. “MacDonald's!” I sighed and nodded before she pulled on her boots and jacket and walked out the door.

--

“Can I go in their?!” Karlie asked bouncing up and down in the booth across from me. I looked into the large play area. “Sure, but be safe” I nodded. She grinned and got up running right into the kids play zone.
I slowly finished up my meal and waited for awhile. It was better Karlie was having fun here then boredly stuck watching TV at my place.

“You had my heart, At least for the most part...

I was pulled out my ringing cell and hit the talk button. “Hello?”
“Hey babe” his voice rang through my ear. I smiled. “Hey honey” “So what's my girl up to tonight?” “Hanging out at MacDonald's” I spoke. “MacDonald's?” Jimmy's voice was confused. I giggled. “Yep, I'm here with Karlie, her mom and dad went out for the evening” I sighed. “Ohh” “Yeah, she was wanting to play your kit downstairs earlier” I grinned. Jimmy laughed for a moment and then his voice went serious. “You didn't let her did you?!” he asked his tone worried. I laughed. “Of course not, I wasn't going to risk that now” A sigh of relief was heard on the other end. We chatted for a little while longer before he was forced to go. “Babe I gotta go, the planes going to land soon and they're making me get off my phone” He spoke sounding annoyed, someone had to be standing over him. “Okay, I love you” I spoke. ”I love you too baby” and with that the conversation ended. I slid my phone into my pocket and got up throwing the garbage lying around the table into the trash and grabbed Karlie leaving the fast food joint.

--

The living room was pitch black, the only light coming from the TV which had some cartoon show on. I sat on the love seat, Karlie's head resting on my leg. I smiled seeing the six year old passed out asleep. Running around MacDonald's knocked her out.
It was almost eight o'clock and I had a feeling her parents would be here any time. Not much longer than that strong headlights flashed into my driveway. I slowly got up being careful not to wake Karlie and walked over to the door.

“Hey sis!” My brother greeted. I smiled. “Have a good night out?” I asked. He nodded. “Yeah, so where's my little princess?” he asked walking into the living room. “Passed out on the couch” I chuckled. “Jeez Emily what did you do to her, drug her?” he asked picking up his daughter. “Nah, just let her run around McDick's for an hour” “Oh” He paused and looked around my dark house. “No Jimmy?” he quietly spoke. I shook my head. “Nope, been gone for over two months now” I sighed. He frowned. “Sorry to hear that Em” he softly spoke. I shrugged handing him Karlie's backpack. “Its alright, just another day to wait for him to come home” “But tomorrow's Valentines day...” “I know. But its alright” He nodded and thanked me for taking care of Karlie before he walked out and I locked up. I sighed. If only I wasn't home alone on Valentines day.

I turned off the TV and shuffled my way upstairs, stripping out of my jeans and shirt and into one of Jimmy's old shirts before crawling into bed. I lied their thinking, where was he right now? What was he doing? Did he miss me?
I hated to think about him like this while he was away. It always got to me.

I woke up that morning going to get up but felt something tie me back. I groaned and poked over feeling something beside me. I felt an arm wrapped around me and slow warm breathing hit the back of my neck. I froze for a moment before turning down looking at the arm blocking me from getting up. A quick smile formed on my face as I soon recognized the tattoos going up his arm. I spun around to come face to face with the man I had been thinking about the day before. He calmly slept beside me. I grinned quickly wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. This caused him to snapped open his eyes quickly surprised. I grinned and continued kissing him so overwhelmed with joy that he had come home for me on Valentines day. I pulled away from the kiss and he lied their quietly staring deeply into my eyes. I grinned staring into those gorgeous blue orbs. “Happy Valentine's baby” he whispered and closed the gap between us kissing me again. He tightened his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.