‹ Prequel: Whispers in the Dark
Status: Paused due to certain opinions

Whispered Dark Memories

Acoustic Set

"How have you three been?" Sam asked us. We all looked at each other and grinned widely.

"Oh, the usual. Going to California for three months, recording songs for Hollywood Records, sex with hot groupies...." Bre said, trialling off at the end. The guys were giving her pissed off looks. Nice one Bre.

"Did you just sex with hot groupies?" Sam asked. Always the overprotective brother to us. Bre, Kat, and I laughed loudly.

"I was kidding, Sammy. Geeze, don't get your granny panties in a bunch," Bre joked. He raised an eyebrow at her, and then sighed, running a hand through his cropped hair. "What's on your mind, Sammy boy?" She asked, placing her hand comfortingly on his shoulder. He sighed again.

"Jacob Black is about to go through the change." Well shit. Another wolfman is making an appearance. 

“Will he be alright?" I asked. When I started twirling my hair I felt a raindrop on the tip of my nose. “It's gonna fucking rain. Do you guys want me to make it sunny?" They all nodded so I changed it from rainy to sunny.

“That'll never cease to amaze me," Embry said. Bre, Kat, and I let out loud laughs. “What about this?" I asked, making myself invisible. Bre and Kat groaned when I did that and started looking around, trying to find me. 

“Kota don't po-," Bre started but let out a yelp when I poked her in the stomach. “God dammit Kota! I'll light your ass on fire next time you do that." I chuckled and became visible before sitting back down. 

“She can make it rain if you do that," Paul stated with a smirk. She flipped him off and I could just tell he wanted to say something. “Name the time and place, baby." 

“Paul! Keep the baby makers in your pants," Kat said. The guys started laughing while he muttered stuff under his breath. Men and their hormones. We sat there talking for thirty minutes or so before my phone started playing Fuck You Blind by Kid Rock. I made it his ringtone because I like that song. 

“Yola Dan," I spoke into the phone. 

“Yola to you too. Are you with Bre and Kat?" He asked. 

“Yes sir I am." 

“Put it on speaker please."

“Hey Dan," Bre and Kat said loudly. “What's up?"

“There's this big bookstore in Seattle and it called me to see if you would do an acoustic set there. So you three up for it?" 

Bre, Kat, and I looked at each other before letting huge smiles appear on our faces. There was no way we were turning this down. We haven't done something like this where we actually have fans before, but there's a first time for everything. 

“Fuck yeah we'll do it. What's the name of the store and what time?" Kat asked, scratching the tip of her nose. He gave us all the info and told us he'd see us there. I'm so fucking excited! 

“Oh. My. God. We're doing our first acoustic set!" Bre screamed jumping up and doing a happy dance with me and Kat. Maybe the guys and Emily could come? 

“Hold up. Do you guys and Emily want to come?" I asked halting my jumping. The guys' faces lit up and every one of them nodded. 

“Heck yes. Just tell us when and where," Jared said.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Kota quit fidgeting," Bre scolded with narrowed eyes. Geez take a midol woman. I childishly stuck my tongue out at her and kept bouncing my leg. She put her hand on my leg stopping it right when the door to the back room was thrown open. 

“Kota tell this dude I know you guys," Avery said, jabbing her thumb to the guy behind her. He had an agrivated look on his face when he looked my way. 

”She's a friend of ours. No worries," Bre informed with a small smile. He nodded and walked back to the front of the library.

“Avery my red headed friend. I missed you," I exclaimed loudly. She chuckled and pulled me up wrapping me in a hug. “Missed you guys too. Come 'ere Bre, I need a hug from you too." 

“It's time for you to go on," A lady said sticking her head in the door. I grabbed one of Kat's guitars she let me borrow and Bre did the same before walking out. When we sat on the bar stools on the small stage area the crowd cheered. For playing at a book store the crowd was huge. Probably a little over a hundred people were here. 

“Hey we're Fatal Design and we're gonna play some songs for you today," Bre said, speaking into the mic. The crowd quieted down and watched us. They're probably wondering where Kat is.

“If you've noticed our other band member Kat isn't here because she's sick so I'm gonna play for her today. Now what do you think about us playing Born For This?" I asked with a smile. The crowd clapped and whistled. I'll take that as a yes. I counted us in and we started playing.

Oh no I just keep on falling
(Back to the same old…)
Where’s hope when misery comes crawling?
(Oh my way, Ay…)
With your faith you’ll trigger a landslide
(victory)
Kill off this common sense of mind

It takes acquired minds to taste, to taste, to taste this wine
You can’t down it with your eyes
So we don’t need the headlines
We don’t need the headlines
We just want…

We want the airwaves back
We want the airwaves back

Everybody sing like it’s the last song you will ever sing
Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?
Everybody live like it’s the last day you will ever see
Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?

Right now you’re the only reason
(I’m not letting go, oh…)
Time out if everyone’s worth pleasing
(Well ha-ha!)
You’ll trigger a landslide 
(Victory)
to kill off their finite state of mind

It takes acquired minds to taste, to taste, to taste this wine
You can’t down it with your eyes
So we don’t need the headlines
No, we don’t want your headlines
We just want…

We want the airwaves
We want the airwaves

Everybody sing like it’s the last song you will ever sing
Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?
Everybody live like it’s the last day you will ever see
Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?

Everybody sing like it’s the last song you will ever sing
Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure?

Alright, so you think you’re ready?
Ok, then you say this with me
Go!
We were born for this
We were born for this
Alright, so you think you’re ready?
OK, then you say this with me
Go!
We were born for this
We were born for this
We were born for this
We were born for this

We were born for
We were born for

Everybody sing like it’s the last song you will ever sing
Tell me, tell me, can you feel the pressure?
Everybody live like it’s the last day you will ever see
Tell me, tell me, can you feel the pressure now?

Everybody sing like it’s the last song you will ever sing
Tell me, tell me, can you feel the pressure?
Tell me, tell me, can you feel the pressure?

We were born for this
We were born for this
We were born for this


After that we played five more songs off of our album. The crowd loved it and kept smiles on their faces. I never thought we would be famous and playing for huge crowds. This was a dream come true. 

“What do you say about another song, one we just finished the other day?" I asked a stray piece of hair behind my ear. The crowd agreed and yelled different things. 

“Pardon my french but this song is called Fuckin' Perfect," Bre said. We started playing right after she said that.

Made a wrong turn
Once or twice
Dug my way out
Blood and fire
Bad decisions
That's alright
Welcome to my silly life

Mistreated 
Misplaced 
Misunderstood
Miss knowing it's all good
It didnt slow me down.

Mistaking
Always second guessing
Underestimating
Look I'm still around

Pretty, pretty please
Dont you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than
Fucking perfect

Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing
You're fucking perfect to me

You're so mean
When you talk
About yourself, you were wrong
Change the voices in your head

Make them like you instead
So complicated
Look how we all make it
Filled with so much hatred
Such a tired game

It's enough
I've done all I can think of
Chased down all my demons
I've seen you do the same

Oh

Pretty, pretty please
Dont you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than
Fucking perfect

Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing
You're fucking perfect to me

The whole worlds scared
So I swallow the fear
The only thing I should be drinking
Is an ice cold beer

So cool in line
And we try, try, try
But we try too hard
And it's a waste of my time

Done looking for the critics
Cause they're everywhere
They don't like my jeans
They don't get my hair

Exchange ourselves
And we do it all the time
Why do we do that?
Why do I do that?

Why do I do that?

Yeeeeaaaahhh
Oooooooh
Oh baby pretty please

Pretty, pretty please
Dont you ever feel
Like you're less than
Fucking perfect

Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing
You're fucking perfect to me

You're perfect, you're perfect

Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing
You're fucking perfect to me
 

“Thanks for being such a great crowd. We'll be taking autographs right outside so if you want one come get one." After Bre said that we both walked to the backroom to get our things and walked outside to my car. I put both the guitars and bags in it and leaned against the back of it.

Before I could blink everyone was surrounding us. Small notebooks and pens shoved in our faces. Oh the joys. All of a sudden a deep voice cut through the air. 

“Hey. All you people need to get in a single file line or there will be no autographs," Paul yelled from the bed of his truck which was beside my car. Everyone looked at him but didn't listen. I put my thumb and index finger in my mouth and whistled loudly. That shut everyone up and quick. 

“Listen to the man," I stated. They all quickly got in a single file line after that. Avery and the other guys snickered.            
♠ ♠ ♠
Totally sucks. Comment! Subscribe? Peace, love, blue monster!

Song of the day: Going Through Changes by Eminem